2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 03:10 AM)
Everyone should of seen that. The asking price was ridiculous as is.

and he got delusional in this off season. an off season of a real test of what he can do with a salary cap, how to deal with players and excessive players ready to step in and how to continue to win.

so far 2 out of 3 he lost. the last one, only when the season start will the hawks know how it did.

i can't believe this, in 2 weeks, he gave away 2 very promising d-mens.

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 06:15 AM)
The rest of the league: Stan we know the situation you are in. Turn around and bend over.

yeah, he doesn't have daddy to help him or to tell him what to do.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 12:20 AM)
This obviously means Oduya walks, and I expect Kruger to be re-signed with the extra room, with one of Versteg or Bickell traded, although Bickell looks to be unmovable at this point, otherwise he would have already been gone.

If this is what it took to move Sharp, then it really does seem like Bickell will be unmovable. Too bad they can't pull a Huet and exile him to Switzerland

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 12:05 PM)

i remember when tallon was the gm, talk was swirling of bowman advancing in the ranks. according the some new source back then bowman sr and jr were constantly talking with sr doing most of the talking, esp at practices.

now, again among the fans, when tallon was let go and bowman jr took over, they are talks that sr was helping jr.

now back to what i wrote, i mentioned on the other nhl thread that was put away, this off season will show me, what kind of gm bowman is really and i will be snarky and say, i guess he is not getting any real time info from daddy.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 11:55 AM)
If this is what it took to move Sharp, then it really does seem like Bickell will be unmovable. Too bad they can't pull a Huet and exile him to Switzerland

with his 4 mil salary cap hit, he is really unmovable and now, bowman gone and extended anisomov and adding 1 mill more to his contract. now that was done even before he even skated 1 game with the team. let alone if he is recovered from his injury.

sharp rtn in the trade was far less than what org wanted.... he was desperate and to entice the trade, added johns to the package, in order to get it done. a savings of 1 mil. this is outing salary subtracted from incoming salary.

now, the 2 hawks players who are waiting for some room to cleared from the salary, how is their future looks??

this team sure has gotten older..... giving away promising d-man, and look at seabrook contract coming up next yr.

i just hope that crawford is not traded to save on salary..... just my thoughts on the crawford trade rumblings.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 08:19 AM)
with his 4 mil salary cap hit, he is really unmovable and now, bowman gone and extended anisomov and adding 1 mill more to his contract. now that was done even before he even skated 1 game with the team. let alone if he is recovered from his injury.

sharp rtn in the trade was far less than what org wanted.... he was desperate and to entice the trade, added johns to the package, in order to get it done. a savings of 1 mil. this is outing salary subtracted from incoming salary.

now, the 2 hawks players who are waiting for some room to cleared from the salary, how is their future looks??

this team sure has gotten older..... giving away promising d-man, and look at seabrook contract coming up next yr.

1. Anisomov extension won't kick in until next year. His salary for this year is 3.2.

2. Sharp was 5.9, Johns is 925K (a lot of people figured him into line ups for next year). So that's 6.8 million, Daley is 3.3 and Garbutt is 900K (Dalls retained 50% of contract) for a total of 4.2. Hawks saved 2.6 million with this deal.

3. Bickell will still be gone I think, and if they can trade Versteeg, I think they still can sign both Kruger and Oduya. Kruger is the definite though.

4. As a whole, Hawks did not get older this off season.

My projected lines

Panarin-Toews-Hossa

Dano-Anisomov-Kane

Garbutt-Teuvo-Tikhonov

Desjardins-Kruger-Shaw

Keith-Pokka

Hammer-Rundblad/TVR

Daley-Seabrook

Still not bad at all. Just a matter of the rookies stepping in and playing to their potential. Plus, a full season of Teuvo now. Bickell and Versteeg are traded in this scenario

Edited by SoxPride18

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 08:07 AM)
i remember when tallon was the gm, talk was swirling of bowman advancing in the ranks. according the some new source back then bowman sr and jr were constantly talking with sr doing most of the talking, esp at practices.

now, again among the fans, when tallon was let go and bowman jr took over, they are talks that sr was helping jr.

now back to what i wrote, i mentioned on the other nhl thread that was put away, this off season will show me, what kind of gm bowman is really and i will be snarky and say, i guess he is not getting any real time info from daddy.

Who cares if Sr was helping Jr? The goal is to win cups, and continue winning cups. Your ax to grind with Bowman is ridiculous and given that the Hawks just won a third cup in 6 years, extremely poorly timed. What would you have him do different? All of your complaints are based on conjecture from rumored deals and maybe these people said something one time and oh my god Dale Tallon. If Tallon is so great and the Hawks miss him so much, why aren't the Panthers a perennial contender?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 03:41 PM)
Who cares if Sr was helping Jr? The goal is to win cups, and continue winning cups. Your ax to grind with Bowman is ridiculous and given that the Hawks just won a third cup in 6 years, extremely poorly timed. What would you have him do different? All of your complaints are based on conjecture from rumored deals and maybe these people said something one time and oh my god Dale Tallon. If Tallon is so great and the Hawks miss him so much, why aren't the Panthers a perennial contender?

do you follow hockey??? so are you happy with this trade???

simple questions.

now for the last statement, there comes a time when the hockey gods shine on your team it happen, esp with the main core players who the hawks drafted. then add the 2 special key players, toews and kane and you get the success of the hawks.

that same recipe does not happen all the time. the talent pool the hawks had is really diminishing, esp in one area.... d-man. how many draft picks and d-man has bowman traded.

this chain of events is a knee jerk overreaction being done by bowman. yes i will mention this, b/c no one has, the hawks, basing on age of key players, the end of the contracts, will only have several more yrs of being able to win the cup. i know that and i was hoping that there will be a subtle transition of players to continue the winning.

bowman jr got the gm job, b/c of sr and he had no record to prove that he deserved it. the org was loaded with prospects and picks.

so again, are you happy with this trade???

1. Anisomov extension won't kick in until next year. His salary for this year is 3.2. and there is no proof that he will be able to perform. giving out crazy raises is what got the hawks in this problem with bickell.

2. Sharp was 5.9, Johns is 925K (a lot of people figured him into line ups for next year). So that's 6.8 million, Daley is 3.3 and Garbutt is 900K (Dalls retained 50% of contract) for a total of 4.2. Hawks saved 2.6 million with this deal. the d-man who is 5'11 and is not physical at all, who shies away from contact and can get push of the puck really easily. a forward who may play a 3 or 4 line, if the hawks are lucky. a d-man who is 11 yrs in the nhl and a forward who is 5yrs in the nhl.

3. Bickell will still be gone I think, and if they can trade Versteeg, I think they still can sign both Kruger and Oduya. Kruger is the definite though.

again, lets wait and see if they do indeed get traded. how many times are you going to keep on assuming.

4. As a whole, Hawks did not get older this off season.

My projected lines

Panarin-Toews-Hossa

Dano-Anisomov-Kane

Garbutt-Teuvo-Tikhonov

Desjardins-Kruger-Shaw

Keith-Pokka

Hammer-Rundblad/TVR

Daley-Seabrook

lastly, oduya is a much better dman that daley.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 10:26 AM)
do you follow hockey??? so are you happy with this trade???

simple questions.

now for the last statement, there comes a time when the hockey gods shine on your team it happen, esp with the main core players who the hawks drafted. then add the 2 special key players, toews and kane and you get the success of the hawks.

that same recipe does not happen all the time. the talent pool the hawks had is really diminishing, esp in one area.... d-man. how many draft picks and d-man has bowman traded.

this chain of events is a knee jerk overreaction being done by bowman. yes i will mention this, b/c no one has, the hawks, basing on age of key players, the end of the contracts, will only have several more yrs of being able to win the cup. i know that and i was hoping that there will be a subtle transition of players to continue the winning.

bowman jr got the gm job, b/c of sr and he had no record to prove that he deserved it. the org was loaded with prospects and picks.

so again, are you happy with this trade???

My happiness with this trade is completely irrelevant to the need for the trade, something you completely overlook when you are ripping Bowman for winning cups.

Tallon has been gone for 5 years now, it's time to accept the fact that his fingerprints on the current team and previous cup winning team are faded.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 03:42 PM)
My happiness with this trade is completely irrelevant to the need for the trade, something you completely overlook when you are ripping Bowman for winning cups.

Tallon has been gone for 5 years now, it's time to accept the fact that his fingerprints on the current team and previous cup winning team are faded.

no i disagree on this, b/c it is one thing to like the trade and defend it. it is also another to pick a situation to make it personal.

i can see that trades were needed. i even stated that. i also stated that i was not a big fan but i would see how he does, as a gm, to this off season. this was stated in around draft day. i still haven't change my opinion.

i also believe i stated that so far out of 3 things that needed to be address, he has failed in 2 and the success of the hawks will judge the 3rd point.

ref to tallon, yes it has been 5 yrs since he is gone. but the main core are what he assembled and it is this core that the hawks will continue to win if the right pieces are added. it is when, my dislike for bowman or should i say people over estimation of him, is not being added when i am saying bowman is not helping.

now, there is some rumors of crawford and team inquiring about him....... well i will not believe that until something more concrete comes to a head. but i really hope that is not that case.

again, let me also state that i was willing to see how bowman get out of this situation of salary cap, players and asking for too much leading up to the draft. i even posted that statement here on this site.

now look at this, this way, do you have confidence in bowman to fix this???? the org traded 4-5 dman. players who could have moved in the lineup and also help the salary.

bowman screwed up

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 10:56 AM)
no i disagree on this, b/c it is one thing to like the trade and defend it. it is also another to pick a situation to make it personal.

i can see that trades were needed. i even stated that. i also stated that i was not a big fan but i would see how he does, as a gm, to this off season. this was stated in around draft day. i still haven't change my opinion.

i also believe i stated that so far out of 3 things that needed to be address, he has failed in 2 and the success of the hawks will judge the 3rd point.

ref to tallon, yes it has been 5 yrs since he is gone. but the main core are what he assembled and it is this core that the hawks will continue to win if the right pieces are added. it is when, my dislike for bowman or should i say people over estimation of him, is not being added when i am saying bowman is not helping.

now, there is some rumors of crawford and team inquiring about him....... well i will not believe that until something more concrete comes to a head. but i really hope that is not that case.

again, let me also state that i was willing to see how bowman get out of this situation of salary cap, players and asking for too much leading up to the draft. i even posted that statement here on this site.

now look at this, this way, do you have confidence in bowman to fix this???? the org traded 4-5 dman. players who could have moved in the lineup and also help the salary.

bowman screwed up

Well, Bowman did retool the team after 2010 to win a cup 3 years later. Then, retooled the team after 2013 cup team and won 2 years later. So yes, I do have confidence, it just sucks that all of this had to happen.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 10:56 AM)

bowman screwed up

Yea, three cups is quite the screw up. And I'm sorry you made the situation personal with Bowman, but that is your unfounded gripe, not mine.

Do you seriously read what you are writing? You are acting like 3 cups isn't good enough, Bowman has more to prove to everyone, and then you throw in daddy pot shots every chance you get and bring up Tallon like he didn't leave the Hawks in cap hell, thus needing the Bowmans to step in and clean up his mess. I don't know what other success the Hawks need for you to judge.

Garbutt scored one less point than Shaw in 12 less games, and Shaw had PP time. Garbutt at 900K is a good deal, think Desjardins but a better scorer and he can fly.

Look, Sharp had to go, we all knew that. The thing that gets the fans upset about this trade is including Johns in the deal.