AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 03:29 PM)
I don't want to have hope.

But I do.

Just keep winning.

Nope. I won't have hope. I don't believe in this team. I still love watching a win but hope for this season?...no way.

I don't have hope either, however, that they were 7-2 with crap offense/defense/baserunning lends credence to the idea of keeping the pitching together and hoping for a flukey year of + offense.

Nice little shot at the offense from Shark there in that postgame interview. He's right, though...we need to do something to help the offense. Lose 2 or 3 of Beckham, Flowers, and Sanchez and replace them with even average bats and we'll win at a much better clip. Easier said than done but an effort needs to be made.

The Sox still have to worst record in the AL right? I cant talk about Wild Card until they keep this up for another month and even then its just too late to decide you are going to play some baseball and make it to the playoffs.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 04:34 PM)
Nice little shot at the offense from Shark there in that postgame interview. He's right, though...we need to do something to help the offense. Lose 2 or 3 of Beckham, Flowers, and Sanchez and replace them with even average bats and we'll win at a much better clip. Easier said than done but an effort needs to be made.

Given what's in our system, are you prepared to give up 2 of Montas, Anderson, and Adams to replace those 2 positions?

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 04:34 PM)
The Sox still have to worst record in the AL right? I cant talk about Wild Card until they keep this up for another month and even then its just too late to decide you are going to play some baseball and make it to the playoffs.

3rd worst, ahead of the A's and Mariners, 0.5 back of the Indians.

How the H*** have the A's played 5 more games than us?

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 03:34 PM)

Better than Seattle and Oakland, but yeah unless we get back above .500 this Wild Card talk is crazy. I also hope this little run doesn't make them hesitate to trade Jeff if they get a good offer.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 04:29 PM)
This is the first time all year that I think that the Sox could make a legitimate run at a wildcard spot.

I assume you mean in 2016 becuase their chances are slim but not yet none in 2015. They actually lost ground this week falling from 5.5 to 6.5 back and now trail 9 teams instead of 8.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 04:36 PM)
I don't believe this team is going to the postseason this year, but I believe the top four in the rotation are too good to consider trading any of them. You always have a chance to compete with those four.

Unfortunately 1 of them is a free agent this offseason.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 02:35 PM)
Given what's in our system, are you prepared to give up 2 of Montas, Anderson, and Adams to replace those 2 positions?

I, personally, don't waste this pitching staff. Pitching wins in the playoffs...you never know what could happen if we can get a wild card spot. Unless KW and RH have a plan for picking up a C, 2b, and 3b by opening day next season, we might as well bite the bullet now and add another 1/2 season of competitive ball.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 03:35 PM)

Average bats wouldn't cost that much, unless you're lousy at negotiating trades. But I wouldn't do it anyway.

If the Sox were in the East- maybe. But the only chance, and it's flailing, is at a WC.

As for pitching in playoffs - sometimes it wins, and sometimes it doesn't.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 03:46 PM)
Average bats wouldn't cost that much, unless you're lousy at negotiating trades. But I wouldn't do it anyway.

If the Sox were in the East- maybe. But the only chance, and it's flailing, is at a WC.

As for pitching in playoffs - sometimes it wins, and sometimes it doesn't.

Hitting is at a premium these days though, average hitters might cost more than you think.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 03:34 PM)

What did he say?

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 03:50 PM)
Hitting is at a premium these days though, average hitters might cost more than you think.

Regardless, don't trade for them at this point. Using real prospects for average is a poor use of assets.

2 average players doesn't make the Sox better than the Royals.

The Sox should have better pitching next year, even without Shark.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 03:48 PM)
Nice series. Would love to end the 1st half on a really high note....kicking the s*** out of that other team.

Certainly seems like we are catching each other at the right time.