Post All-Star Game Rotation

flavum

Hopefully Sale isn't pitching Tuesday unless it's a quick one inning that could be considered a side day. They need the horses right out of the gate if they want to get back in it.

Rest of the Month:

7-17 KC Sale and Samardzija

7-18 KC Quintana

7-19 KC Danks

7-20 off

7-21 Stl Rodon (extra time for the finger to heal)

7-22 Stl Sale

7-23 Cle Samardzija

7-24 Cle Quintana

7-25 Cle Danks

7-26 Cle Rodon

7-27 Bos Sale

7-28 Bos Samardzija

7-29 Bos Quintana

7-30 Bos Danks

7-31 NY Rodon

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's fairly likely that Erik Johnson is in the rotation sooner rather than later. They skipped his previous start in AAA to help manage his innings. I don't see them doing that unless they think there's a good chance he'll be needed on the major league team in the near future. My guess is if they decide they are sellers he replaces Shark and if they decide to hold their ground (or buy) then he replaces Danks.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 09:46 AM)
Sale needs to start as many times as possible if the Sox want to get back into the race.

They'll each get three starts after the break in July, but they need to set the tone right after the break.

Plus the long range schedule matches up well for Sale to get as many starts as possible.

Sale's schedule:

7-17 vs KC

7-22 vs StL

7-27 at Bos

8-1 vs NY

8-7 at KC

8-12 vs LAA

8-18 at LAA

8-23 at Sea

8-28 vs Sea

9-3 at Min

9-8 vs Cle

9-13 vs Min

9-18 at Cle

9-23 at Det

9-29 vs KC

10-4 vs Det (last day of regular season if they need him)

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 09:54 AM)
They'll each get three starts after the break in July, but they need to set the tone right after the break.

Plus the long range schedule matches up well for Sale to get as many starts as possible.

Sale's schedule:

7-17 vs KC

7-22 vs StL

7-27 at Bos

8-1 vs NY

8-7 at KC

8-12 vs LAA

8-18 at LAA

8-23 at Sea

8-28 vs Sea

9-3 at Min

9-8 vs Cle

9-13 vs Min

9-18 at Cle

9-23 at Det

9-29 vs KC

10-4 vs Det (last day of regular season if they need him)

They should skip his starts against Minnesota so he can win the Cy Young haha.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 08:43 AM)
I think it's fairly likely that Erik Johnson is in the rotation sooner rather than later. They skipped his previous start in AAA to help manage his innings. I don't see them doing that unless they think there's a good chance he'll be needed on the major league team in the near future. My guess is if they decide they are sellers he replaces Shark and if they decide to hold their ground (or buy) then he replaces Danks.

Don't they get a 26th man for doubleheader? Maybe he can start the second game to keep everyone on normal rest.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 10:36 AM)
Don't they get a 26th man for doubleheader? Maybe he can start the second game to keep everyone on normal rest.

With the off day on Monday, they really don't have to skip anyone. They could bring up a relief pitcher that day.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 12, 2015 -> 11:37 AM)
Of course I hate what they're actually doing.

Samardzija, Danks on Friday

Quintana on Saturday

Sale or Rodon Sunday (TBD)

Can't say I'm a fan of it either but I understand why. Sale pitching Sunday gives him a few extra days rest so I'd go Sale on Sunday which gives Rodon's blister an extra day of rest.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 12, 2015 -> 09:37 AM)

Quintana on Saturday

Sale is the most important player the Sox have and in the past has needed periodic rests at some point in the season. An arm injury of any kind to him and they are royally f***ed.

It's a fact though...Sale could have had 16 starts, including the final day of the season, and now that's down to 15.

They aren't maximizing his starts when it could come down to one game.

If he pitches Sunday, here is what he could do:

7-19 vs KC

7-25 at Cle

7-30 at Bos

8-5 vs TB

8-11 vs LAA

8-16 vs Cubs

8-21 at Sea

8-27 vs Sea

9-2 at Min

9-7 vs Cle

9-13 vs Min

9-18 at Cle

9-23 at Det

9-29 vs KC

10-4 vs Det

It's a fact though...Sale could have had 16 starts, including the final day of the season, and now that's down to 15.

They aren't maximizing his starts when it could come down to one game.

If he pitches Sunday, here is what he could do:

7-19 vs KC

7-25 at Cle

7-30 at Bos

8-5 vs TB

8-11 vs LAA

8-16 vs Cubs

8-21 at Sea

8-27 vs Sea

9-2 at Min

9-7 vs Cle

9-13 vs Min

9-18 at Cle

9-23 at Det

9-29 vs KC

10-4 vs Det

Think of it this way- Sale is now ready for the one game Wild Card playoff.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 09:16 AM)
http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/...x-all-star-game

Sale may be pushed back to the Cardinals series as Robin and Yost have agreed that he will pitch one inning in the All Start game.

I really hope not... can't have Sale missing and starts if we are actually trying to get back in it.

If we aren't then yeah no big deal.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jul 11, 2015 -> 10:46 AM)
Sale needs to start as many times as possible if the Sox want to get back into the race.

Recently, Samardzija, Rodon, and Quintana have all been very good. The issue has been run support.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 12, 2015 -> 05:37 PM)

Quintana on Saturday

Very dumb. As much as I do love Danks, I concede that is an automatic loss in Game Two Friday. Why would you throw Danks there?? It makes absolutely no sense.

I agree with the poster. The Sox are basically in a position they have to sweep the Royals or grudgingly win 3 of the 4 to have any shot at contention this season. So why wouldn't you give it your best shot, at home! You go Sale, Shark, Q, Rodon. I worship John Danks but I do concede he is our fifth starter!! This is a no brainer. Fire whoever came up with this decision NOW! Coop, Robin or Hahn. Stupid.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 03:16 PM)
Very dumb. As much as I do love Danks, I concede that is an automatic loss in Game Two Friday. Why would you throw Danks there?? It makes absolutely no sense.

I agree with the poster. The Sox are basically in a position they have to sweep the Royals or grudgingly win 3 of the 4 to have any shot at contention this season. So why wouldn't you give it your best shot, at home! You go Sale, Shark, Q, Rodon. I worship John Danks but I do concede he is our fifth starter!! This is a no brainer. Fire whoever came up with this decision NOW! Coop, Robin or Hahn. Stupid.

He's a starter on the roster.

He has to pitch unles he gets traded or released.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 02:16 PM)

No. There are two WC spots. They aren't catching KC anyway. 3 of 4 would be nice, but it's not a must.