Sale pitching in AS Game in Emergency situation ONLY

knightni

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its just one inning for Sale then its just a side session and Sale would be easily be available for Sunday's game against the Royals. I'm guessing one inning of course but one inning might be why Ventura agreed.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 12:38 PM)
Of course Yost wants him to pitch. Yost wants home field advantage in the WS.

I do find it amusing that we keep hearing about how important this game is because of home field advantage in the WS. Last I checked, the 2014 WS champ won game 7 on the road.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 01:23 PM)
I think there's plenty reason to want it. That's not really much of a sample to go off of in my opinion.

Agreed, and I'm not saying you don't want HFA. It's just the commercials make it sound so dramatic, while showing Giants highlights from the World Series. It's amusing given how it played out last year.

can someone verify something, is a player is selected to play in the ASG, management has nothing to say about it, right?

i mean RV stated that he preferred that he wouldn't pitch that is not up to him.

Edited by LDF

Every quote I read from Yost just screams that he wants to put Sale at a disadvantage this weekend. Everything from the world wants to see him pitch to talking Ventura into letting him pitch. Both bulls*** and Robin is an idiot especially considering he let him go another inning the other day when he had just come off a CG.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 10:48 PM)
Every quote I read from Yost just screams that he wants to put Sale at a disadvantage this weekend. Everything from the world wants to see him pitch to talking Ventura into letting him pitch. Both bulls*** and Robin is an idiot especially considering he let him go another inning the other day when he had just come off a CG.

Whatever Yost's motivations, it's reasonable for him to want Sale to pitch an inning. And there was no reason for Ventura to send him back out there...he's overpitched Sox starters all year long, especially Sale. And the front office is abetting his nonsense.

This is crazy. Yost is not scared of the White Sox for goshsakes and not scared of Sale pitching for the White Sox. Sale happens to be a helluva pitcher and if I were the manager of the AL I'd f***ing want to pitch him as well.

This is stupid. The Royals own the White sox no matter who is pitching. Why the hell would Yost care about the White Sox this weekend? Even if KC dropped all four, they'd be way ahead of the pathetic White Sox.

I don't mind discussion but this one is just dumb. Yost is manager of the AL team and Sale is one of the best pitchers in all of baseball. Of course he SHOULD pitch Tuesday. As a Sox fan and viewing I WANT him to pitch in the all star game.

Edited by greg775

Much ado about nothing.

I also don't think RV is over-using Sale. If Sale was throwing upwards of 125-130 pitches every start, then there could be a complaint. But 108-113 pitches is not overloading a SP.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/76...pitch-star-game

Actually in this article cooper really didn't want sale to pitch either. Alot of people was mentioning about pitching the all star game like as a normal side session but I remember a tweet yesterday saying sale hasn't been doing alot of side sessions lately cause of his work load. Also saw that since sale will pitch the all star he might not pitch the games this weekend against the royals and would push him to the cards series.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 02:00 AM)
This is crazy. Yost is not scared of the White Sox for goshsakes and not scared of Sale pitching for the White Sox. Sale happens to be a helluva pitcher and if I were the manager of the AL I'd f***ing want to pitch him as well.

This is stupid. The Royals own the White sox no matter who is pitching. Why the hell would Yost care about the White Sox this weekend? Even if KC dropped all four, they'd be way ahead of the pathetic White Sox.

I don't mind discussion but this one is just dumb. Yost is manager of the AL team and Sale is one of the best pitchers in all of baseball. Of course he SHOULD pitch Tuesday. As a Sox fan and viewing I WANT him to pitch in the all star game.

It has nothing to do with "being afraid of the White Sox". He has a 4 game series vs. the White Sox and Sale pitching the All Star Game may mean he doesn't have to face him which gives KC a better chance of winning a game. That isn't just the White Sox who would benefit, but each team in the division. It is probably very rare to have a 4 game series vs. Chicago and miss Sale. Maybe he won't, but Robin did mention perhaps holding Sale back until Tuesday if he did pitch.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 12:32 PM)
Much ado about nothing.

I also don't think RV is over-using Sale. If Sale was throwing upwards of 125-130 pitches every start, then there could be a complaint. But 108-113 pitches is not overloading a SP.

for me, i don't think RV will take chances with Sale as he did last yr.... if anything, i trust RV in really protecting him.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 01:00 PM)
http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/76...pitch-star-game

Actually in this article cooper really didn't want sale to pitch either. Alot of people was mentioning about pitching the all star game like as a normal side session but I remember a tweet yesterday saying sale hasn't been doing alot of side sessions lately cause of his work load. Also saw that since sale will pitch the all star he might not pitch the games this weekend against the royals and would push him to the cards series.

as much as every person has rights, and it would be great to see Sale in the ASG, i too would not want Sale to pitch. just rest the arm and body.....

just my thoughts.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 01:48 PM)
It has nothing to do with "being afraid of the White Sox". He has a 4 game series vs. the White Sox and Sale pitching the All Star Game may mean he doesn't have to face him which gives KC a better chance of winning a game. That isn't just the White Sox who would benefit, but each team in the division. It is probably very rare to have a 4 game series vs. Chicago and miss Sale. Maybe he won't, but Robin did mention perhaps holding Sale back until Tuesday if he did pitch.

i wonder if Sale has a salary bonus clause in his contract for getting to the ASG ??

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 08:20 AM)
i wonder if Sale has a salary bonus clause in his contract for getting to the ASG ??

According to Cot's, he gets a $15,000 bonus for All-Star Game selection, but I doubt it matters if he actually pitches in the game or not.

If I had to guess, I would guess the biggest factor is that Chris Sale REALLY wants to pitch in the ASG. I haven't seen a quote from him yet, but he seems like the kind of guy that would just eat up an event like the all-star game. He is an insane competitor, and the chance for him to pitch against the best in the world? It seems right up his alley.