7/18 vs KC Royals

flavum

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Jul 18, 2015 -> 03:26 PM)
There isn't anybody in this system that can beat flowers for catcher? I'm sure someone in the stands has catching experience in high school

George Kottaras is certainly having a decent year in AAA. He's 32 though. But Flowers gets the excuse machine from Rick Hahn.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 18, 2015 -> 03:28 PM)
George Kottaras is certainly having a decent year in AAA. He's 32 though. But Flowers gets the excuse machine from Rick Hahn.

Our ace, one of the best pitchers in baseball, wants him catching him. That may have something to do with it too.

Failure to put up a crooked number in any of these last 3 innings will probably cost. The fight is there, but Guthrie should already be toast.

Guess I should be used to this by now.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 18, 2015 -> 03:30 PM)
Our ace, one of the best pitchers in baseball, wants him catching him. That may have something to do with it too.

Is Chris Sale going to demand a trade if Flowers is released? Even if he did too bad.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2015 -> 03:31 PM)
Yep, he's not going anywhere.

People refuse to believe that the catching position is bad enough in baseball that we don't have the worst catchers ever.

I'm sorry but Tyler Flowers sucks. I can't believe how many posts I've seen in the past week or so saying catching isn't a gigantic problem. I don't care where we currently rank in terms of catcher OPS, because had you looked at the end of May we'd be near the bottom. Flowers had a good June where he finally hit some home runs and brought his overall offensive numbers to respectability, but anyone thinking this was anything but a hot streak will be fooling themselves. We saw the same thing last year, wait until the end of the season and the numbers will be garbage as usual. We're stuck with him for now, but Hahn definitely needs to find a better starting catcher than Flowrrs before next season.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 18, 2015 -> 02:31 PM)
Is Chris Sale going to demand a trade if Flowers is released? Even if he did too bad.

And more likely, Sale just hasn't worked with any semi-competent receivers outside of TFlow. It might be a revelation to him to find out that all the others aren't as bad as Phegley.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 18, 2015 -> 03:32 PM)
People refuse to believe that the catching position is bad enough in baseball that we don't have the worst catchers ever.

No not ever. Just in Major League Baseball right now. But who's keeping track?