David Price to Toronto

Bigsoxhurt35

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 09:46 AM)
Crazy to think that the Jays are only 1/2 game in front of the Sox right now, and they just emptied their system for Tulo and Price. Albeit, Tulo will be there beyond 2015, but still pretty wild, and quite a gamble considering they likely won't catch the Yanks either way and will be relying on a 1 game playoff, at best.

Now if the Sox get a bat it definitely cannot be a rental. Just no sense in trading our prospects for anything but a good 2 way player.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 09:49 AM)
Now if the Sox get a bat it definitely cannot be a rental. Just no sense in trading our prospects for anything but a good 2 way player.

The one thing that would under all circumstances piss me off is if we gave up legit talent for a rental. I have no desire for that this year. If we give up talent, it needs to be someone we have around for at least another year (preferably longer).

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 11:02 AM)
That's a good sign, overall I feel the price tags this deadline are cheaper than they should be. Hopefuly we can turn that into a bat for cheap as well.

I agree. Makes me happy because we're not moving Quintana for a bat.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 12:08 PM)
Yeah, I think they are getting a pretty damn good return for a rental player.

To a point you're right but even insiders say they are shocked they got Price without including Alford (which is great news for us) but it's not just the price deal. You look at Cueto, Tulo, Hamels. I just wasn't wowed by the return by any of them. But anytime you give up your top prospect it's a lot to give up I guess.

Chances are we would never Face Toronto in a one game playoff.. unless Houston or LA collapse.

That trade does help Toronto quite a bit.... however even with that they have 3 bad starters and 2 good ones with a suspect bull pen (though their bullpen era atm is similar to ours).

I commend them on their efforts... it might pay off but their pitching is still weak. There defense is also at the bottom of the league.

Edited by harkness

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 10:52 AM)
I'd rather they get that versus Urias from LAD or McCullers + from Houston.

McCullers can go to head to head with almost anyone already.

No way they would trade him for even two months of Trout/Harper.

Edited by caulfield12