White Sox @ Royals, 8/8/2015

Balta1701

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 07:33 PM)
Get the bullpen up. Maybe we just need to pull this clown when he starts walking everyone and getting smashed and he will wake up. It's almost like he wanted to get traded so he'd get a chance to win and lose the QO and now he is acting like a little b**** since he had to stay

He has had one really good year in his career. He has lived off his football career and hairsyle for years.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 01:34 AM)
Ok, how were you going to improve the club then? Ones showed decent stuff last year to earn that 5th starter spot until Rodon came up.

Take minor steps this year instead of making it an all-in type year which made next year harder to compete due to less available payroll. Personally, I would have liked to see a starting pitcher brought in that wasn't a one year rental

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 07:34 PM)
Because I want to see if someone else can get them to play smarter than this pathetic team.

Then you think it is his fault, which is fine. I disagree. Fire Robin. If you have the same roster, the same issues will pop up.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 01:36 AM)
He has had one really good year in his career. He has lived off his football career and hairsyle for years.

Don't forget he's type of pitcher that new age stats will like more due to not walking many and getting strikeouts. He also always seemed to fade big time as a starter as the season went on prior to last year

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 07:37 PM)
Then you think it is his fault, which is fine. I disagree. Fire Robin. If you have the same roster, the same issues will pop up.

RV has not improved as a manager from day 1. Time to move on.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 07:37 PM)
Take minor steps this year instead of making it an all-in type year which made next year harder to compete due to less available payroll. Personally, I would have liked to see a starting pitcher brought in that wasn't a one year rental

Ok, then you are giving up more valuable pieces from the minor league system.

Melky and Robertson are fine and produce enough that they can be part of this. Just have to continue to bring in the players that they think can win with. Preferably a 3B.

White Sox continue to beat themselves.

Not sure why Melky Cabrera is clowning around so much on the basepaths and talking to the Sox dugout...almost got thrown out running past second.

Just not the necessary level of focus and concentration. Soto has no business getting thrown out since he's not going anywhere with Abreu at the plate.

Royals lead all of baseball in tallying runs in the next half-inning after their opponents have scored.

Sloppy.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 01:39 AM)
RV has not improved as a manager from day 1. Time to move on.

It's not that he has improved or regressed. It's more that the team continues to play awful on a consistent basis since they choked in his first year

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 07:26 PM)
Fire this manager immediately after season ends. Entire team plays like idiots

Like I said, I rarely get a chance to watch the Sox -- but in a strange way that helps to make panoramic, comparative observations.

And it's the one thing that almost instantly, constantly jumped at me: just how stupid, horribly prepared this team is virtually in every aspect of the game.

It is noticeable not just in every series, we're talking about practically every inning -- if not even single pitch/play!

Just speechless.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 08:29 PM)
I think we gave up 4 players that might be lower end major leaguers.. Semien won't be anything special, Phegley is a backup C, Ravelo is a light hitting 1st baseman in the minors and Bassit is a back rotation starter.. the comp pick could end up being a star or another one of them or no one

You're underselling all of them IMO. Lower end major leaguers, if they are 1-2 WAR players, means that in 1 season they are more valuable to us than Samardzija would be and they control them for 6 years. And there's a nonzero chance of each of them winding up as all star players, we just didn't want to develop them. We wanted to win right now instead of developing people and now we see how well it worked. The A's wanted to develop people and they're going to get more out of thsoe player this year than we get out of Samardzija. Then they have those 3 for 2 more years pre-arb, 3 Arb years, and then Ravelo on top of that.

If we were a deep roster, ready to compete right now, that would make sense. We are not. The fact that our front office thought we were means that we'll be rebuilding again in 2016. That trade and our fail to trade Samardzija at the deadline has delayed our move back to competition by 2 years.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 01:39 AM)

Melky and Robertson are fine and produce enough that they can be part of this. Just have to continue to bring in the players that they think can win with. Preferably a 3B.

I was fine with them using Danish and Montas as trade bait, as I think both are going to be relievers

QUOTE (L. Ron Paultard @ Aug 9, 2015 -> 01:40 AM)
Like I said, I rarely get a chance to watch the Sox -- but in a strange way that helps to make panoramic, comparative observations.

And it's the one thing that almost instantly, constantly jumped at me: just how stupid, horribly prepared this team is virtually in every aspect of the game.

It is noticeable not just in every series, we're talking about practically every inning -- if not even single pitch/play!

Just speechless.

Cubs were a similar way two years ago, and now they are so much better managed despite 4 rookies.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 8, 2015 -> 06:39 PM)

There were lots of options....guys like Volquez, Brett Anderson, Colby Lewis, Chris Young, Liriano, etc.