2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KC Johnson was hinting this morning that the Bulls may be trying to trade up to possibly the top five so that they can grab Dunn. He threw out the names of Miroctic and McDermott.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ May 17, 2016 -> 11:28 PM)
Great. Send the message to Derrick Rose. His time in Chicago is coming to a close.

Um, yeah I don't think that's the message here.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 18, 2016 -> 10:32 AM)
Um, yeah I don't think that's the message here.

It is part of the message. Swanson was Rose's rehab trainer, she monitored and managed everything around him

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ May 18, 2016 -> 10:43 AM)
The guy on WGN this morning said the Bulls were considering hiring Butler's strength coach for the team.

KC Johnson said it on the Score this morning too

QUOTE (bmags @ May 18, 2016 -> 10:30 AM)
I'm sure a top 11 pick that has not lived up to his potential will definitely net us a top 5 pick in a good draft.

Him alone certainly wouldnt but I think KC was just throwing names out there of guys that could be included in a package to net a top five. It still may not even be a possibility but I am sure they are going to try if they have a guy the feel they HAVE to get.

I like the idea of catering to Jimmy because I like Jimmy. Dude works hard. Yes, he might be rough around the edges but you know what, I like the fact that he's an old school bust his ass kind of guy and think we'd be a much better team if we had more Jimmy Butler's.

QUOTE (shipps @ May 18, 2016 -> 09:06 AM)
Him alone certainly wouldnt but I think KC was just throwing names out there of guys that could be included in a package to net a top five. It still may not even be a possibility but I am sure they are going to try if they have a guy the feel they HAVE to get.

Teams get enamored with players. Niko plays a style of stretch 4 that a lot of teams are looking to go and while he has his flaws, he is still young and absolutely talented, so I could see where a team gets enamored enough with Niko plus the 14 (and maybe something else) to allow the Bulls to move up a bit (not sure if we'd get into the top 5 or not).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 18, 2016 -> 11:07 AM)
Teams get enamored with players. Niko plays a style of stretch 4 that a lot of teams are looking to go and while he has his flaws, he is still young and absolutely talented, so I could see where a team gets enamored enough with Niko plus the 14 (and maybe something else) to allow the Bulls to move up a bit (not sure if we'd get into the top 5 or not).

He's also a proven NBA player. Is he an all-star? No. Can he contribute? Yes. But you're not guaranteed to get that picking anywhere outside the top 2. Everyone is basically a project with potential after Simmons and Ingram.

Many Bulls fans made fun of the Sixers and Sam Hinkie's plan but now they are closer to winning a championship than the Bulls are. Also, in Chad Ford's mock draft he has the Bulls taking Michigan State PF Deyonta Davis and links them to him and 2 foreign big men. Anyone have a brief scouting report on Davis?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 18, 2016 -> 11:06 AM)
I like the idea of catering to Jimmy because I like Jimmy. Dude works hard. Yes, he might be rough around the edges but you know what, I like the fact that he's an old school bust his ass kind of guy and think we'd be a much better team if we had more Jimmy Butler's.

Instead of catering to a player to run a program that extends to the entire organization, I'd recommend they perform due diligence and find someone capable of creating an organizational culture of health and effective training because it's important. That they just hire someone the player knows again is unsettling to me but par for the course.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 18, 2016 -> 12:37 PM)
Many Bulls fans made fun of the Sixers and Sam Hinkie's plan but now they are closer to winning a championship than the Bulls are. Also, in Chad Ford's mock draft he has the Bulls taking Michigan State PF Deyonta Davis and links them to him and 2 foreign big men. Anyone have a brief scouting report on Davis?

Until they can win more than 10 games in a year I'll say they are no closer. Hinkie had a good plan but he made a lot of poor decisions that lost him good will, the most basic of which was being a poor communicator of roster moves that pissed off agents, players and his own admin team. Also, I do feel like purposely avoiding competent veterans stunted growth. Players were regressing.

That said, they should have let him see it throuhg, especially to hire bryan colangelo, perhaps the worst executive of the 2000s, including new york.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 18, 2016 -> 12:53 PM)
Until they can win more than 10 games in a year I'll say they are no closer. Hinkie had a good plan but he made a lot of poor decisions that lost him good will, the most basic of which was being a poor communicator of roster moves that pissed off agents, players and his own admin team. Also, I do feel like purposely avoiding competent veterans stunted growth. Players were regressing.

That said, they should have let him see it throuhg, especially to hire bryan colangelo, perhaps the worst executive of the 2000s, including new york.

You need superstars to win titles. He knows that. The lottery balls just didn't work in his favor. Finally did this time.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 18, 2016 -> 10:37 AM)

Honestly, I don't know that the Sixers are in a better position than the Bulls. Hinkie drafted a bunch of 7 footers, none of whom appear to be total impact players and some of which have had a hard time getting on the court. The Sixers are awful and have been awful for a number of years. I'm not saying the Bulls are great, but things are absolutely possible. Two years ago, no one saw the Warriors turning into the greatest regular season team in NBA history (record wise) and an NBA champion.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 18, 2016 -> 01:15 PM)
Honestly, I don't know that the Sixers are in a better position than the Bulls. Hinkie drafted a bunch of 7 footers, none of whom appear to be total impact players and some of which have had a hard time getting on the court. The Sixers are awful and have been awful for a number of years. I'm not saying the Bulls are great, but things are absolutely possible. Two years ago, no one saw the Warriors turning into the greatest regular season team in NBA history (record wise) and an NBA champion.

Would you rather have the Bulls coach, roster, and financial situation or Brent Brown, tons of $$ to spend, and Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid, Dario Saric, Jahlil Okafor, and Nerlens Noel?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 18, 2016 -> 01:54 PM)
Would you rather have the Bulls coach, roster, and financial situation or Brent Brown, tons of $$ to spend, and Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid, Dario Saric, Jahlil Okafor, and Nerlens Noel?

Kind of seems like they arent really keen on keeping one or both of these guys

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 18, 2016 -> 02:06 PM)
Kind of seems like they arent really keen on keeping one or both of these guys

Great. And one of them would bring back something nice that can help you. What tradeable young assets do the Bulls have?

Edited by Y2JImmy0

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 18, 2016 -> 02:09 PM)
Great. And one of them would bring back something nice that can help you. What tradeable young assets do the Bulls have?

I understand what you are saying, but Philly is still in a state of chaotic flux and really they arent really in a much better position going forward. They still are hoping to count on Embiid, and right now that guy looks like the next Oden

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 18, 2016 -> 02:13 PM)
I understand what you are saying, but Philly is still in a state of chaotic flux and really they arent really in a much better position going forward. They still are hoping to count on Embiid, and right now that guy looks like the next Oden

They are getting Ben Simmons though, who I believe is a superstar. So they'll have 1 more superstar than the Bulls currently have giving them a better chance going forward. Bulls are in basketball hell.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 18, 2016 -> 02:20 PM)
They are getting Ben Simmons though, who I believe is a superstar. So they'll have 1 more superstar than the Bulls currently have giving them a better chance going forward. Bulls are in basketball hell.

Drafting Simmons definitely isn't a slam dunk. I'm with you for the most part as there aren't many teams I wouldn't trade places with as a Bulls fan but I'm not really sold on what the Sixers are doing either.

Edited by Rowand44