2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Tony @ May 12, 2016 -> 02:19 PM)
You guys are all right, and I'm not saying Manizel is where he is just because there are images of him partying. That's not it at all.

What I'm saying is media (images and video) make things much worse. Let's just make it simple and stay with the Jordan stuff. There were always rumors of the gambling issues, even when he was playing. Many still believe that's why he left the Bulls the 1st time. But it was always just rumor and chatter. What if there were pictures of a hooded and sunglasses wearing Jordan at the Wynn 3 times a week, or whatever. It would have made things worse and the stories would have grew big time just because there was something to actually look at.

People are weird. A lot of times the general public won't believe rumor or speculation, but as soon you as show them a grainy picture of something, it counts as 100% proof, even if it's a totally BS picture.

That's all I'm saying, anytime there is media to go along with a story, it changes things.

So we need to film what Trump actually says so people really believe he's saying it...oh s***, you mean people have already seen him speak and still are voting for him. Oh god. DBAHO, is Australia taking in new citizens? ;)

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 12, 2016 -> 03:07 PM)
The other thing is Michael Jordan isn't hanging at clubs picking up chicks. All the stuff he did was pretty private. If there was no paramedic call to Tiger, all that stuff would probably never have come out. Ray Rice got nailed because he beat his wife at a hotel with a security camera. If he beat her somewhere private, he would have gotten away with a minimal suspension.

I do think you are correct with the tact. He was always very protective of his brand.

Ray Rice sucks though. If he were good he definitely would have gotten another shot.

Like a lot of people I've thought OKC was the toughest matchup for the Warriors this season but I didn't think the Thunder would be able to get by the Spurs. I think GSW will take OKC down in 5 or 6 but it should be a fun series throughout.

Edited by Rowand44

Not completely the end of the Spurs' run...but getting close/r.

Kudos to OKC for winning the series, especially on the road (twice). Billy Donovan seems to be doing just fine, but obviously that team is all about Durant and Westbrook feeding off each others' strengths.

What happened, btw?

J4L must have guaranteed the Spurs would win, right?

For the sake of the NBA, it would be great to see OKC beat the Warriors and then the Cavaliers and then you'd have the offseason drama about where KD would end up...also willing to bet that the networks were pretty upset not to get a weekend Game 7 in this series, but so it goes. The unpredictability of sports.

Anybody predict Adams, Waiters, Roberson, etc, would play massive roles in this series? Or that the Thunder would become a lockdown defensive team overnight after the game 1 destruction? If not, be quiet. The Thunder role guys were spectacular. I'm happy to be wrong here. Curry vs Westbrook. Does it get anymore epic than that? I can't wait.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (shipps @ May 13, 2016 -> 12:54 PM)
Dont ask me why I am doing this but I keep on running this draft lottery simulator and the Bulls get the 14th pick every single time. It makes you wonder how the hell did they get that number one pick years ago. That draft lottery was soooooo fixed.

I did it the other day and got the Bulls on my 3rd try. They drafted Ben Simmons.

Dont ask me why I am doing this but I keep on running this draft lottery simulator and the Bulls get the 14th pick every single time. It makes you wonder how the hell did they get that number one pick years ago. That draft lottery was soooooo fixed.

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/lottery_simulator

It was pretty amazing, but not necessarily fixed.

The Cleveland thing seemed fixed in the "LeBron Interim" years. However, they contract out the auditing and such of the draft, so I don't believe it's actually fixed.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ May 13, 2016 -> 01:26 PM)
It was pretty amazing, but not necessarily fixed.

The Cleveland thing seemed fixed in the "LeBron Interim" years. However, they contract out the auditing and such of the draft, so I don't believe it's actually fixed.

The only one I buy as fixed was Ewing to the Knicks.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 13, 2016 -> 01:54 PM)
The only one I buy as fixed was Ewing to the Knicks.

Yeah, that seemed lucky

Tough day in San Antonio today. Tim is so loved around here. The thought of his career possibly ending leaves a lot of people in tears.

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/lottery_simulator

I got Bulls at 2nd on my 2nd try.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 13, 2016 -> 03:52 PM)
I got Bulls at 2nd on my 2nd try.

I have never been a good roll of the dice. I seriously clicked on that damn thing about 25 times and never once was the Bulls anything other than 14th LOL.

QUOTE (shipps @ May 13, 2016 -> 02:01 PM)
I have never been a good roll of the dice. I seriously clicked on that damn thing about 25 times and never once was the Bulls anything other than 14th LOL.

Too bad you were right clicking instead of left clicking ;)