2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 23, 2016 -> 10:07 PM)
Dangerous precedent they are setting by not suspending Green.

Not allowed to say thug league because it's racist, but this whole thing feels like WWE with the NBA clinging to the Warriors narrative

QUOTE (Deadpool @ May 23, 2016 -> 11:06 PM)
Not allowed to say thug league because it's racist, but this whole thing feels like WWE with the NBA clinging to the Warriors narrative

The problem with the term thug is most people don't even use the word properly. It's become synonymous with black people which is a microaggression! When hockey players beat the s*** out of each other, you don't ever hear people say they are thugs... things that make you go hmmmmm

Draymond Green isn't a thug, he's just an entitled asshole and the NBA just allowed it to continue.

Said a couple months back I thought the Raps could beat Cleveland. Then I, like many, predicted a sweep after game 2. Toronto is a really good team when they're right. I'm assuming Jonas Valanciunas will be available to play. Cavs are already having major problems containing Bismack. JV, assuming he's not rusty, will be an even bigger problem. For those complaining about how awful this conference finals is/was, well, we have a series here.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 23, 2016 -> 08:18 AM)
Disagree with this. If Ben Simmons is a superstar, which I think he will be, they are fine.

I think so too. But they've got to put a squad around him. A healthy Embiid gives them so many more options.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 23, 2016 -> 08:54 AM)
Talks of their demise are very premature but they don't have to lose 2 in a row to be eliminated. Keep alternating and OKC wins Game 7, in GS.

Yeah, OKC better win Game 4.

Yup. I fully believe whoever wins game 4 wins the series.

It's OKC's year and everybody knows it. Golden State is beat. They don't have that little extra this year. See what happens when you win all those regular-season games? Means NOTHING. OKC to cover easily in Game Four. Then it's over in five or six. Poor Cleveland is gonna think this is the year to break the hex. But it's Durant's year. NBA wants him to win and stay in OKC which he will do. They are gonna win more as the West weakens. Spurs are done, too old; Golden State is good but one man can only do so much.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 23, 2016 -> 11:24 PM)
The problem with the term thug is most people don't even use the word properly. It's become synonymous with black people which is a microaggression! When hockey players beat the s*** out of each other, you don't ever hear people say they are thugs... things that make you go hmmmmm

Draymond Green isn't a thug, he's just an entitled asshole and the NBA just allowed it to continue.

Agreed. But I think in hockey they use the term "goon", and most of that has been taken out of the game at this point. You can't afford a roster spot for someone who's just an instigator.

NBA just feels so fake like WWE at this point :(

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 24, 2016 -> 01:53 AM)
Said a couple months back I thought the Raps could beat Cleveland. Then I, like many, predicted a sweep after game 2. Toronto is a really good team when they're right. I'm assuming Jonas Valanciunas will be available to play. Cavs are already having major problems containing Bismack. JV, assuming he's not rusty, will be an even bigger problem. For those complaining about how awful this conference finals is/was, well, we have a series here.

I thought one win was just kind of a fluke, like "Toronto has professional basketball players too," but I'm starting to wonder if Cleveland might actually blow this.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ May 24, 2016 -> 10:38 AM)
I thought one win was just kind of a fluke, like "Toronto has professional basketball players too," but I'm starting to wonder if Cleveland might actually blow this.

meh Cleveland will win on homecourt alone cuz Toronto turn into pumpkins away from the Air Canada Centre

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ May 24, 2016 -> 10:38 AM)

Cleveland will get back on track in game 5. Toronto will be lucky to have it go 7 imo.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 24, 2016 -> 01:34 PM)
Cleveland will get back on track in game 5. Toronto will be lucky to have it go 7 imo.

I agree, but good on Toronto for making this a series. It makes the casual basketball fan show interest this series.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 24, 2016 -> 09:16 PM)
Thunder leading GS 72-53 at halftime. I love seeing Draymond Green completely s***ting the bed so far today.

OKC look like they got hot just at the right time. DON'T MEAN A THANG WITHOUT THAT RANG. R.I.P. GS

I pity Cleveland. Unless Cavs fans are smarter than I give them credit for, they are going to think they have a chance to break the Cleveland jinx in the Finals vs. OKC. In reality, this OKC team is head and shoulders the NBA champ. Durant and Westbrook are FINALLY healthy and there's nothing the league teams can do about it. Everybody forgot about OKC cause they had a pedestrian regular season, but people forget how 2 and 3 years ago the Thunder were in the FInals and considered collosal chokers when in reality they weren't ready yet.

Durant and Westbrook have to be laughing. They know it's their time cause they are healthy and there's nothing Cleveland will be able to do to stop the train. Suddenly Golden State looks like the Sox of the last couple weeks. Dynasty ova before it could begin.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Brian @ May 24, 2016 -> 10:48 PM)
I just hope OKC doesn't get worn out after beating the two best teams in the league them lose to Cavs. Would be a shame.

So far, I'm not thinking they're worn out. Should they win game 5, this was a huge let down of a series and OKC should be fine in the finals.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 24, 2016 -> 10:27 PM)
The Warriors basketball revolution is getting absolutely ruined by the Thunder.

Would absolutely laugh if Golden State loses to OKC. All of the media and fans were convinced they were unstoppable, better than 72-10 Bulls, dynasty, etc.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 24, 2016 -> 11:24 PM)
Would absolutely laugh if Golden State loses to OKC. All of the media and fans were convinced they were unstoppable, better than 72-10 Bulls, dynasty, etc.

I could see GS blowing out the Thunder in Oakland in game 5, but I can't imagine them going into OKC and winning at this point.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 24, 2016 -> 11:24 PM)

But mostly, f*** Draymond.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 23, 2016 -> 02:03 AM)
At least wait for them to lose two in a row, something they haven't done all year, before mocking them. Personally, I'll be pissed if it's not Cavs/Warriors in the finals.

You are the best.