2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per Friedell (ESPN), Noah still hoping to stay in Chicago. We all know that Pax is a huge Jo guy and when push comes to shove, Pax is in control. I really am curious if Pax has neutered Gar or not.

Chicago Bulls Joakim Noah those close to him are hopeful that he'll work out a deal to stay in Chicago long term.

Veteran Bulls center Joakim Noah, his representatives and the Chicago front office continue to have a "positive dialogue" about a new contract amid a report that Noah has been telling teammates he's ready to leave the franchise, a league source told ESPN.com on Wednesday.

Those close to Noah, who is set to become an unrestricted free agent this summer, are still hopeful that he will be able to work out an agreement to stay in Chicago long term.

For his part, Noah has repeatedly discussed how much he loves the city and enjoys playing in Chicago, where he has spent his entire nine-year NBA career. At an end-of-season news conference in April, Bulls executive vice president John Paxson discussed how fond he is of Noah.

"Anyone who has been around us, anybody who has spoken to either [general manager Gar Forman] or I about Joakim, they know how we feel about him," Paxson said. "He represents a lot of things that we believe in. To me, he's one of the most genuine people I've ever been around in this business, as far as people go. So we have an affinity for Jo. But we've got to talk, we've got to see where it goes."

QUOTE (fathom @ May 26, 2016 -> 10:55 AM)
Cowley and Goff talking this morning about how Gar has job security because he is close to Michael Reinsdorf, and his wife is heavily involved with charity work with Reinsdorf's wife.

Good to hear Michael Reinsdorf is a big backer of the good ole boys club and success is not important

This whole thing is a joke. The players don't trust Gar Forman. I have no idea how he can remain employed by the Bulls now that this is out there. K.C. Johnson and some of the other shills for the team are painting a slightly different picture but of course they are. They need to remain on the payroll. This thing is a mess. If the Bulls end up re-signing Joakim Noah, I probably won't watch a Bulls game all season.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 26, 2016 -> 11:55 AM)
I know he isn't the same Jo Noah as years past, but I don't see how you can look at the effort level differences between this season and the previous one and not feel like Noah being gone was a large part of that.

Making a free throw doesn't take effort.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 28, 2016 -> 08:02 PM)
If OKC closes out and wins the title, where do you put this playoff run all time? I'd be hard pressed to not say the best.

Do you mean degree of difficulty? The '95 Rockets and '11 Mavs are #1 and #2 for me. But if OKC pulls this off, yes, I would have to say it would be the best. To knock off THIS Spurs team and THIS Warriors team would be enough. Then to beat THIS LeBron James led team (I feel this is the most talent he's ever had around him) would seal it. But as I've said many times, I want a Cavs/Warriors rematch. We shall see.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 18, 2016 -> 03:06 AM)
That's what the people I was with said immediately. A traveling controversy in NBA??? WTF. OKC is healthy; Adams has become a player; Kanter is useable. OKC in four, five no more than six! Bank it.

Bump. Bet the house greg!