2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 16, 2016 -> 11:14 PM)
Is Kerr really saying all this? Blaming everything on injuries and suspensions. Totally not acting like a head coach. Whiny b****.

It's a Phil-type move. Kerr was very specific about what he didn't like. He'll get fined, but I bet Curry doesn't have another game of ticky tack fouls.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 16, 2016 -> 11:14 PM)
Is Kerr really saying all this? Blaming everything on injuries and suspensions. Totally not acting like a head coach. Whiny b****.

Kerr was simply defending his player and the officiating was pretty bad for both teams. s*** happens. Let these guys play for a championship! I'm not saying go full fledge hack machines but a little physicality is common for a high competition as such.

Why so many days off between games? I know the 2-2-1-1-1 changes it but ugh. It's 2016. Travel is easy.

I can't see Green being that bad again and can't see TT being that dominant. Plus it's in GS. I'll go Warriors by 7.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 16, 2016 -> 10:57 PM)
I just puked in my mouth. He's the least likeable superstar in sports.

This is dumb.. I save my disdain for guys that get in trouble off the court. I mean you have Bobby Jenks' name in your display name and he's a much worse human than LeBron is.

Edited by Y2JImmy0

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 08:28 AM)
Why so many days off between games? I know the 2-2-1-1-1 changes it but ugh. It's 2016. Travel is easy.

I can't see Green being that bad again and can't see TT being that dominant. Plus it's in GS. I'll go Warriors by 7.

If Iguodola's back is not a lot better by Sunday I don't see the Warriors being able to pull this out unless Klay and Curry go absolutely crazy. They have no one who can defend Lebron other than Iguodola.

Game 7 should be awesome. I hope LeBron pulls it off. It's a legacy defining game. Cleveland hasn't won a title in any sport in 50+ years. The Cavs pulling it off against this team in their building coming from down 3-1 would be an awesome sports moment. I like seeing s*** I've never seen before and generally root for greatness though.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 08:39 AM)
This is dumb.. I save my disdain for guys that get in trouble off the court. I mean you have Bobby Jenks' name in your display name and he's a much worse human than LeBron is.

I don't care about who Lebron is as a person, i'm going by what I see on the court. I see a whiny b**** 99% of the time. A guy with the GOAT physical talent, but a guy with the mental fortitude of my 4 year old son. Lebron should average 40, 10 and 10 every night. But he doesn't.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 08:42 AM)
If Iguodola's back is not a lot better by Sunday I don't see the Warriors being able to pull this out unless Klay and Curry go absolutely crazy. They have no one who can defend Lebron other than Iguodola.

Yeah Iggy couldn't jump in the 2nd half last night. That's a huge problem.

It would also help if the Warriors hit some shots. Barnes especially. That guy is losing millions with his inability to hit shots. Some of that is a credit to Cleveland finally playing some defense, but the Warriors are just missing a ton of open looks.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 09:18 AM)
I don't care about who Lebron is as a person, i'm going by what I see on the court. I see a whiny b**** 99% of the time. A guy with the GOAT physical talent, but a guy with the mental fortitude of my 4 year old son. Lebron should average 40, 10 and 10 every night. But he doesn't.

post-38538-Friday-Ice-Cube-damn-gif-wtf-

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 09:26 AM)
post-38538-Friday-Ice-Cube-damn-gif-wtf-

Come on, no one can match him physically. If he's aggressive, that should be relatively easy. The dude is the greatest physical specimen the NBA has ever seen.

Is it a coincidence that when he decides to take more than 25-30 shots a game he scores over 40 like in these last two games? He should do that nightly.

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

Guy's got 27.2/7.5/7 for his f***ing career on 50% shooting and he's not leveraging his gifts? He's a model citizen off the court, hilarious, and works his ass off, and has averaged 77 games played per season over 13 years in The League.

But yep, should totally be 40/10/10 because why exactly?

GET THE F*CK OVER THE DECISION PEOPLE

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 09:47 AM)
Guy's got 27.2/7.5/7 for his f***ing career on 50% shooting and he's not leveraging his gifts? He's a model citizen off the court, hilarious, and works his ass off.

And growing up where and how he did with his crazy ass mother, it's a grand accomplishment that he's made it to where he has.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 09:47 AM)
Guy's got 27.2/7.5/7 for his f***ing career on 50% shooting and he's not leveraging his gifts? He's a model citizen off the court, hilarious, and works his ass off, and has averaged 77 games played per season over 13 years in The League.

But Steve, he is only the second best player of all time. Clearly he hasn't leveraged his gifts.

You all act like this is some new criticism. It's been a criticism of his by fans and analysts for a long stretch of his career. Hell, even in this series, until Game 5 it was "where the hell is Lebron? Why is he taking 15-20 shots a game and not 30?" Suddenly he has two of his career-best games and it's back to "Lebron can never be questioned!" GMAFB.

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 09:54 AM)
You all act like this is some new criticism. It's been a criticism of his by fans and analysts for a long stretch of his career. Hell, even in this series, until Game 5 it was "where the hell is Lebron? Why is he taking 15-20 shots a game and not 30?" Suddenly he has two of his career-best games and it's back to "Lebron can never be questioned!" GMAFB.

But the problem is comparing him to MJ, whether its done knowingly or not, because MJ was never questioned about showing up. He always showed up so when you see Lebron have a half ass playoff game it sticks out but he is still the second greatest player ever.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 09:54 AM)

No one's saying don't question him. He's 2/5 right now in NBA Finals. Go ahead and question that. Don't question the fact that some of his greatest gifts are getting his teammates involved and being a f***ing basketball genius. The last two games he decided to forget trying to get some losers on his roster going and went out there and got it.

He's probably the best team player in the history of the league, and yes, he can take the f*** the game over when he wants.

77 games

27.2 ppg

7.5 rpg

7 apg

50%

over 1,000 career regular season games. But he's not leveraging his gifts. You GMAFB and come back with an argument that's actually valid.

The expectations for LeBron are absurd. He's supposed to play 45 MPG, carry their offense AND defense for 100 games a year and never have an off game regardless of how many defenders are shading in his direction. It's not like he's the only freak athlete out there either, he's routinely been guarded by strong 6'7" guys with absurd reach (Kawhi, George, Iggy, ect). If we held even someone like Kobe to the same standards, he would look a lot more sketchy. The difference is he got enough help to still get a ring when he goes 7-27 in a game 7.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 10:20 AM)
The expectations for LeBron are absurd. He's supposed to play 45 MPG, carry their offense AND defense for 100 games a year and never have an off game regardless of how many defenders are shading in his direction. It's not like he's the only freak athlete out there either, he's routinely been guarded by strong 6'7" guys with absurd reach (Kawhi, George, Iggy, ect). If we held even someone like Kobe to the same standards, he would look a lot more sketchy. The difference is he got enough help to still get a ring when he goes 7-27 in a game 7.

giphy.gif

One more rant :WHY DO PEOPLE MAKE SUCH A BIG f***ING DEAL ABOUT LEBRON'S FINALS RECORD?!

Does it really matter what round you lose in? Would we really feel better about LeBron if he choked in the 2nd round a few times? You still don't have a ring either way, so who gives a f***. Chris Paul is a first ballot HOFer and he's never even been in the Finals, so stop b****ing about LeBron losing to good teams.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 10:20 AM)

Old heads, Jordan jockers, LeBron haters, etc, don't or refuse to see it. Elimination of illegal defense has made iso scoring tougher than it ever was in the 80's and 90's. You don't have to double to actually double. And that's not even getting into (which you did) all the cyborg athletes at every position in today's game.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 10:47 AM)
One more rant :WHY DO PEOPLE MAKE SUCH A BIG f***ING DEAL ABOUT LEBRON'S FINALS RECORD?!

Does it really matter what round you lose in? Would we really feel better about LeBron if he choked in the 2nd round a few times? You still don't have a ring either way, so who gives a f***. Chris Paul is a first ballot HOFer and he's never even been in the Finals, so stop b****ing about LeBron losing to good teams.

2011 definitely should be held against him. That was a choke. Flat out. they had no business losing to that Dallas team. Other than that, yes, I agree.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 17, 2016 -> 10:49 AM)
2011 definitely should be held against him. That was a choke. Flat out. they had no business losing to that Dallas team. Other than that, yes, I agree.

That one, yeah, he choked. Dallas played out of their minds though. One more missed shot down the stretch in game 2 and they're in a huge hole, and they hit 20,000 threes in the last 2 games.

The point is everyone loses, even Russell and the 112 HOFers he played with.