2015-2016 NBA Thread

Last 3-4 minutes ... both teams had I think 3 possessions both didn't score. Finally with a minute left Kyrie hits the three that effectively wins it. If GS was gonna answer it woulda needed one of those patented Curry or Klay 3s to tie it back up. Actually glad to see Cavs win. Some of those GS threes are just prayers.

Oddly, I do think OKC woulda beat Cleveland.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 12:00 AM)
NBA is just terrible now. This series sucked and the final 8 minutes of this game it was a bunch of 1 on 1 over and over again. Most of those shots were horrible

LOL man these posts are so predictable and bad.

"So sick of the Warriors just chucking threes NBA is so bad now."

"So sick of NBA just a bunch of 1-on-1 now"

You just don't like basketball, move along

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 11:59 PM)
Fitting that Kyrie had to make the clutch shot

+1

Lebron was short arming everything in the fourth quarter. His lack of clutchness in the biggest moments of the biggest games will keep him firmly entrenched as #2 and MJ as GOAT. Still can't respect a guy that conpletely turned his back on Cleveland for an "easy" ring in Miami only to return to Cleveland after they had Irving, a decent team around him, and significant cap space.

In the end, LeBron is a great defensive player, when he is motivated to be...but Jordan did it consistently, on both sides of the ball.

And he would never be the one I would want taking a last second shot outside of 18 feet to win the game. Of course, MJ wasn't a great outside shooter at any point in his career, either, but he worked on that aspect of his game from the time he hit the UNC campus and almost always found a way to get the important shots to go down when they were most needed.

It's impossible for me to believe the Bulls at their early to mid 90's peak would have much trouble with these Warriors...

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 06:42 AM)
In the end, LeBron is a great defensive player, when he is motivated to be...but Jordan did it consistently, on both sides of the ball.

I don't understand the motivated part of the post above.

Here's another thing. No way MJ gets completely outplayed by a player such as draymond green in a series deciding game of the finals. Draymond is a nice player and all but there were a couple plays last night that he literally blew by Lebron one on one. The Warriors lost because they went away from green in the second half and instead resorted to curry and thompson chucking up shots at a 33% clip.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 05:44 AM)
I don't understand the motivated part of the post above.

I mean, he rises to the moment and gets those blocked shots and steals...but he doesn't put 100% consistent effort out there in every game on the defensive side, not even the playoffs.

Jordan would step on your neck and wouldn't take a possession off defensively until the other team's will to compete had utterly been crushed.

Now you can argue that he needs to reserve his energy for the offensive side, where he's more of a playmaker/distributor and responsible for running the offense in a way that Jordan never was, at least until the last 3-4 minutes of a close game.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 06:58 AM)
I mean, he rises to the moment and gets those blocked shots and steals...but he doesn't put 100% consistent effort out there in every game on the defensive side, not even the playoffs.

I'm not sure what you mean by this above post. I'm not sure how you have come to this conclusion. Is it because of The Decision? It is? Oh, ok. Because LeBron is a maniac on the defensive end.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 07:08 AM)
I'm not sure what you mean by this above post. I'm not sure how you have come to this conclusion. Is it because of The Decision? It is? Oh, ok. Because LeBron is a maniac on the defensive end.

Co-sign. He's all over. His instincts are crazy.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 06:58 AM)

Jordan would step on your neck and wouldn't take a possession off defensively until the other team's will to compete had utterly been crushed.

Now you can argue that he needs to reserve his energy for the offensive side, where he's more of a playmaker/distributor and responsible for running the offense in a way that Jordan never was, at least until the last 3-4 minutes of a close game.

Lebron literally runs their entire defense. They are only good at defense due to him

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 12:00 AM)
NBA is just terrible now. This series sucked and the final 8 minutes of this game it was a bunch of 1 on 1 over and over again. Most of those shots were horrible

How did the series suck? Last night was awesome. The league has the most talent that it's ever had.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 06:33 AM)
Still can't respect a guy that conpletely turned his back on Cleveland for an "easy" ring in Miami only to return to Cleveland after they had Irving, a decent team around him, and significant cap space.

I guarantee you no one in Cleveland cares about LeBron going to Miami now. He left as a free agent, get over it already.

What other superstars are winning championships without a decent team around them? How is that a knock on LeBron?

6 straight trips to the finals (With two different teams), 3 championships, and probably another 4-5 years of dominance left in the tank.. As hard of a pill as it is to swallow, he will be the greatest of all time even if the Jordan crowd refuses to admit it.

QUOTE (TRU @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 08:18 AM)
I guarantee you no one in Cleveland cares about LeBron going to Miami now. He left as a free agent, get over it already.

What other superstars are winning championships without a decent team around them? How is that a knock on LeBron?

6 straight trips to the finals (With two different teams), 3 championships, and probably another 4-5 years of dominance left in the tank.. As hard of a pill as it is to swallow, he will be the greatest of all time even if the Jordan crowd refuses to admit it.

Well I think you took it too far there. Jordan had better numbers in a defensive era and 6 titles.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 05:27 AM)
So before last night, you were just a nutrider? :lol:

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 6, 2016 -> 04:14 AM)
Series is over. GS is simply a terrible matchup for Cleveland. The Cavs have exactly one two-way player in LeBron. The Warriors have about six.

He just likes a lot of nuts then.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 08:21 AM)
Well I think you took it too far there. Jordan had better numbers in a defensive era and 6 titles.

I guess I should have added "When its all said and done"

Didn't necessarily mean right now..

QUOTE (TRU @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 08:18 AM)

LeBron already has 13 NBA seasons under his belt and almost 40k minutes played. There's no chance in hell he's going to be dominating(healthy) for 4-5 more years. His body will begin breaking down like Kobe's when he's approaching his mid 30's, especially with all the banging he has endured over the years. The body can only take so much abuse, it doesn't matter if it starts at 18 or 21. LeBron has a legit argument to be made as one of the top 2-3 players in history, but its hard to argue he's better than Jordan.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 08:28 AM)
LeBron already has 13 NBA seasons under his belt and almost 40k minutes played. There's no chance in hell he's going to be dominating(healthy) for 4-5 more years. His body will begin breaking down like Kobe's when he's approaching his mid 30's, especially with all the banging he has endured over the years. The body can only take so much abuse, it doesn't matter if it starts at 18 or 21. LeBron has a legit argument to be made as one of the top 2-3 players in history, but its hard to argue he's better than Jordan.

Well again, I didn't mean at this very moment..

But if he wins 2-3 more titles and a couple more MVP's, plus the finality of his stats there is going be a very strong case that he is the best of all time.. The dude is a freak, I don't think there's any reason to think he cant be dominant for 4 more seasons

QUOTE (TRU @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 08:38 AM)
Well again, I didn't mean at this very moment..

But if he wins 2-3 more titles and a couple more MVP's, plus the finality of his stats there is going be a very strong case that he is the best of all time.. The dude is a freak, I don't think there's any reason to think he cant be dominant for 4 more seasons

Agree that he will still be dominate, but I don't think he will consistently be healthy. He has the potential to transition to PF in a few years and keep playing until he's 40. He could put up numbers that nobody will ever be able to touch. But I think he could be blocked by future NBA titles if Kevin Durant goes to the Warriors to replace Harrison Barnes.The Cavs will dominate the East for years to come.

Edited by Palehosefan