Johnson, Montas, Brantly, & Leury Garcia recalled.

Whisox05

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 09:07 AM)
As the years go by, you are going to see the teams who have been loading up on signings (thinking of LAD and HOU in particular) start to have those guys hitting their 40 man roster restrictions, meaning that guys are going to get let go who should be protected. The Sox have made a living in those margins.

I sure wish we were the ones in the position of not being able to keep our abundance of talent than relying on skimming the margins.

So it's Sale, Rodon, and Samardzija in Minnesota. I thought Johnson was getting in there right away, but not to be.

Jeff better be good Thursday afternoon. He's got to finish strong for everyone's sake.

Here is the transaction page to follow the callups around the league:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/transactions/?tcid=...9&year=2015

34 days of expanded rosters...terrible rule in baseball.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 01:42 PM)
Webb already up, but you're right on Montas, I should have added him. Though with BHAM in the playoff race, maybe he doesn't come up quite right away.

Last time I looked BHam had fallen several games back and it looked like they were very likely out of it.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 12:33 PM)
My guesses: Carroll, EJ, Micah, Brantly, Leury, JGuerra. Outside shots: Marin or Coats.

Brantly, by the way, is 100% coming up - per a minor league source. It's not Smith.

Also FYI, Chris Beck is injured and hasn't pitched since June, so he isn't coming up.

Montas was skipped last night. I'd be surprised if he doesn't come up as well: I'll go with Johnson, Montas, Carroll, Guerra, Johnson, Leury, and Brantly.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 12:44 PM)
Busy day for Sox minor leaguers, as the AFL rosters are also being announced today. Plus AZL is in a playoff game this evening, Winston-Salem has clinched a playoff spot, Birmingham and Great Falls are in their races (though barely).

Saw a FutureSox retweet on twitter that mentioned Hawkins going to the AFL

Of all the names being mentioned? Meh. I'm sorry not many excite me. I don't even know how to retool this team in the off-season. I wish this John Danks Everlasting Gobstopper of a contract would just end already though. Seems like it's been going on forever.

I guess in order of who I'm most excited to see?

Erik Johnson

Montas

Micah Johnson

The rest feel like Jerry Owens to me.

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 5m5 minutes ago

I expect Micah Johnson also to be a September call-up. Robin Ventura said Sunday there could be a couple of callup shifts

Yeah, Charlotte and Birmingham do still need warm bodies to finish out the rest of the week. Probably a few more come up Monday.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 02:27 PM)
Alexi Ramirez should not play another game this month.

Not saying he should not be brought back but he should not play this month.

Nor should Melky or La Roche.

Melky isn't really blocking anyone, and imo, you can definitely with him in the line up. Thompson needs to play in favor of LaRoche and the OFs could have a rotating DH.