Maybe take Shark off the Soxtalk banner?

Jerksticks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 15, 2015 -> 08:26 AM)
Guys on 40-mans that were formerly with the Sox organization:

Mets- Bartolo Colon, Addison, Reed, Carlos Torres, Juan Uribe

Dodgers- Brandon McCarthy

Cubs- Clayton Richard

Royals- Alex Rios, Paulo Orlando

Blue Jays- Mark Buehrle

Who are those two guys? Jeremy Reed? Bralon Addison?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 15, 2015 -> 08:39 AM)
Yeah, the banner jinx thing isn't real. Abreu was the banner for the whole 2014 season and he was just fine, as was Sale this year.

Yea I dont really care what you think either

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Oct 15, 2015 -> 12:11 PM)
That looks great. Can you replace Robertson with Rodon or Q too?

Thanks! I can, but I kind of like the symmetry of having the team's best position player, starting pitcher, and reliever on there. I also wanna make sure that this would go up and I wouldn't be wasting my time.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Oct 15, 2015 -> 11:40 AM)
Thanks! I can, but I kind of like the symmetry of having the team's best position player, starting pitcher, and reliever on there. I also wanna make sure that this would go up and I wouldn't be wasting my time.

I'm going to add the updated version you posted to the site later today. If members prefer an alternative view with the other players, I am fine with that. This is a site for the people.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 15, 2015 -> 01:44 PM)
I'm going to add the updated version you posted to the site later today. If members prefer an alternative view with the other players, I am fine with that. This is a site for the people.

Great news! Now give us back the catch-all thread.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 15, 2015 -> 05:29 PM)
Thompson? Come on, he's a utility outfielder :lol: the picture is great, but he just doesn't belong

Not disagreeing that it would be premature to put him on the banner, but I don't think anyone knows what Trayce Thompson is long term yet. He's never hit for a high average, but he does have some skills and clearly has a good head on his shoulders. He's more intriguing now that we've seen him play rather than just looking at minor league stats and the occasional highlight.

See, we can't even agree that Rick Hahn's important enough to even put up on the banner!!!

The last two posters included KW in their groupings but not Rick. Interesting....

I mean, if Mark Parent can single-handedly disrupt the clubhouse morale/chemistry and turn players on each other and Ventura, isn't Hahn capable of at least doing something besides negotiating contracts?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 15, 2015 -> 09:10 PM)
See, we can't even agree that Rick Hahn's important enough to even put up on the banner!!!

The last two posters included KW in their groupings but not Rick. Interesting....

I mean, if Mark Parent can single-handedly disrupt the clubhouse morale/chemistry and turn players on each other and Ventura, isn't Hahn capable of at least doing something besides negotiating contracts?

I think you missed the obvious sarcasm. Let's not read too much into it.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 15, 2015 -> 08:19 PM)
I think you missed the obvious sarcasm. Let's not read too much into it.

I was obviously joking, too.

In all honesty, since a lot of the information we get is unsubstantiated/secondhand/not sourced, we're either left to guess, parse the tea leaves or completely ignore everything we hear, especially the dreaded "conspiracy theories."

SoxTalk=X-Files of baseball sites