Sox to go trade route possibly

Whisox05

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 06:14 PM)
No.

Stockpile that. Deal some once the foundation is built. This org is in no position to trade young players except in exchange for someone else's young players.

I'm okay with dealing Q or Sale for that matter, for the right price. He's a 4-5 War player, at a low salary with years of control. That's the price.

I'd deal Eaton first, though.

Yeah I meant young cost controlled hitting. You really think I want them to deal for guys about to be free agents?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 06:26 PM)
I couldn't disagree more with most everything in this post.

But I suppose that is the case most of the time when I read your posts.

He's essentially ignoring what clearly the White Sox are trying to do

QUOTE (woods of ypres @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 08:26 PM)
This is the correct route to take, that goes without saying. But, besides the core, who could we trade that actually has value?

Pitching prospects for young cost-controlled hitting is the only thing that comes to mind. Trading Cabrera, LaRoche and Robertson wouldn't bring back much. Maybe a guy like Petricka in a Reed type trade (granted it didn't work but I'd pull the trigger on a reliever for top 100 prospect every day of the week).

QUOTE (woods of ypres @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 03:26 AM)
This is the correct route to take, that goes without saying. But, besides the core, who could we trade that actually has value?

overall i just don't know.

the sox does need 2 pieces that the fa rt is the way to go, 3b and sp. with the foundation already there, they need several pieces to take them to the next level and compete for a playoff.

again, assuming they don't come of the gate stumbling, as they did last yr.

then yes, trade and start replenishing the upper levels of prospects, while doubling up on different positions that will be needed and creating competitions.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 01:20 AM)
I'd already prefer that than trading him to the Cubs. I really like Stephen Piscotty and Carlos Martinez.

All I know is that it would suck so much to see the Sox trade Q to the North Side just to see him take the Cubs to the next level.

It'd be such a slap in the face.

i like the way you think.... really diabolical. :lol:

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 08:25 PM)
I'd really like Marcell Ozuna.

I have no idea if he's available or not, but I'd trade Avi and someone else for him.

Other clubs say #Marlins are floating Marcell Ozuna's name but only want to deal him for a No. 2-type starter. Tough sell after last year

https://twitter.com/jaysonst/status/663842494350774272

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 03:39 AM)
Other clubs say #Marlins are floating Marcell Ozuna's name but only want to deal him for a No. 2-type starter. Tough sell after last year

https://twitter.com/jaysonst/status/663842494350774272

so they decided, last week i think of the mlb trade rumors or maybe it was yesterday, they were trying to decide on which player to put on the market.

ither ozune or ss-hechavarria, they were saying they would only take a kings ransom for a trade.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 08:33 PM)
Pitching prospects for young cost-controlled hitting is the only thing that comes to mind. Trading Cabrera, LaRoche and Robertson wouldn't bring back much. Maybe a guy like Petricka in a Reed type trade (granted it didn't work but I'd pull the trigger on a reliever for top 100 prospect every day of the week).

Or our cost controlled pitching for some of their young cost controlled hitting. WE can develop pitching. You get a premium price when you deal pitching that is already developed.

Sox aren't in the position to deal prospects; that's not how teams are built. It's what the Sox have done for years, and it has failed repeatedly. It made some sense prior to 2005 as the Sox had a much stronger farm then.

Just build the organization. Try to move the dead veterans out and play more young players (sadly most of the nonproductive veterans were acquired last year). Still too many holes to contend in 2016.

Ozuna had a terrible year last year; might get him at a discount.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 04:54 AM)
Or our cost controlled pitching for some of their young cost controlled hitting. WE can develop pitching. You get a premium price when you deal pitching that is already developed.

Sox aren't in the position to deal prospects; that's not how teams are built. It's what the Sox have done for years, and it has failed repeatedly. It made some sense prior to 2005 as the Sox had a much stronger farm then.

Just build the organization. Try to move the dead veterans out and play more young players (sadly most of the nonproductive veterans were acquired last year). Still too many holes to contend in 2016.

Ozuna had a terrible year last year; might get him at a discount.

the sox have an abundance of pitcher that may be ready in a 2 yrs .... the sox could only start 5 sp and what ever for rp and cl.

so the idea is to trade the surplus ..... help build up the system.

that is what i think most are looking at.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 05:36 AM)
Sox are going to need to trade pitching to get young cost controlled position players. It'll have to be Q, Rodon and that sort.

Reds are shopping Brandon Phillips and Alrodis Chapman.

i really truly hope that the sox will not have to trade any of the sp, except maybe Danks, but that won't happen.

i still maintain that get freese and an price from the fa pool and the sox can deal some of their young surplus and if needed in the right deal, robertson.

now trading the surplus, this is for young players in the minors who may be a yr or 2 away .

Quintana needs to net us an impact bat. Only way I'm trading him. He's too valuable. That's why a trade with LAD for Puig makes sense. They're looking to move on from him. I don't know if they'd do a Montas deal for him. Quintana has more value than Puig right now I'm sure, so I'd imagine it'd be a big deal. This team isn't good enough to give up a few prospect for him either.