why not go for Brett lawrie?

Knackattack

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 29, 2015 -> 06:07 PM)
Basically. I'm cool with either. I think Frazier can plug into the 4-hole while I'm not sure where they'd start Lawrie at.

I'm just hoping they are exploring every avenue to try and acquire Frazier first. He's worth considering giving up some good prospects for.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ Nov 29, 2015 -> 06:13 PM)
I'm just hoping they are exploring every avenue to try and acquire Frazier first. He's worth considering giving up some good prospects for.

I completely agree.

You'll get 3 picks in the top 50-55 as well to replenish the system as well. And those players could all have higher ceilings than some traded for Frazier.

Edited by SoxPride18

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 12:11 AM)
You had to ask. :lol:

I laugh at myself because I've been flip flopping back and forth on this today so the timing of your question cracks me up.

I do know I want no part of Desmond. I like the idea of Asdrubal at SS until Anderson is ready and then slide Asdrubal to 2B. My hangup is that defensively speaking, I really like what Saladino and Sanchez both have to offer and would like to see if they have more to offer with their bats. One minute I like the idea of Asdrubal ( was all on board just a few days ago) and the next minute I'm thinking the Sox should spend the money elsewhere and roll with either Saladino full time at SS or Sanchez full time at 2B. I really want to give Sanchez another year at 2B and see if he can progress more with the bat, I absolutely love his defense and that he's a switch hitter. Plus, I love screaming the word "Dirty!" when he hits the occasional HR.

If it were up to me I would try and pry Dee Gordon away from the Marlins. He isn't rumored to be available but I would see if the Marlins were willing to part with him and at what cost.

One idea could be to trade for Lawrie, play Saladino at SS, Sanchez at 2B and make a play for an outfield bat via trade. Someone like CarGo might be affordable to the SOX and they could use his power from the left side behind Abreu.

1st bold, i am in total agreement.

2nd bold, i was with you until you mention cargo. agh.

end/

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 12:19 AM)
I'd rather go dirt cheap with Rollins on a one year deal than give Cabrera $10M+/per over 3 years. Financial resources should be directed towards 3B & RF, not the middle infield.

if there was someone worth the money for 3b....

rollins... going cheap... i will wait and see on that.

QUOTE (Baron @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 12:27 AM)
Well with those two you get what you pay for. Mediocre-Bad baseball.

and i am really not advocating getting anyone thru fa, but to trade for someone.

this team / inept sox FO has to understand, there is no good options unless they trade for one. but and there will always be a but, but at what cost???

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 29, 2015 -> 06:23 PM)
1st bold, i am in total agreement.

2nd bold, i was with you until you mention cargo. agh.

end/

As I said earlier. Depending on the price, I would rather trade for two years of CarGo than sign Upton for 5-6 years and lose a pick in the '16 draft.

The problem with a Lawrie/Saladino/Sanchez/Abreu infield is that there is very little power there besides Abreu.

I don't see Sanchez and Saladino hitting over 10 homers each and Lawrie isn't known for his power either.

I guess I'd be ok with that group if they all hit for high averages and played sparkling defense, but I don't see that as being realistic.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 29, 2015 -> 07:49 PM)
The problem with a Lawrie/Saladino/Sanchez/Abreu infield is that there is very little power there besides Abreu.

I don't see Sanchez and Saladino hitting over 10 homers each and Lawrie isn't known for his power either.

I guess I'd be ok with that group if they all hit for high averages and played sparkling defense, but I don't see that as being realistic.

Lawrie hit 16 playing most of his team's home games in the coliseum. If he came here I think he could reach 20.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 29, 2015 -> 07:49 PM)

No matter who they get for 3rd I still can't imagine the Sox running out saladino and Sanchez. I think one or the other plays and they fill the other position with someone else.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 29, 2015 -> 08:02 PM)
Is Lawrie known as being a decent defender?

If he could hit .250 with 20 homers and play decent defense, I'd be all for acquiring him. He'd be a major upgrade over Gillaspie/Saladino/Olt.

Before '15 he was average or better on defense. His K rate jumped last season as well. I'm thinking last season was an outlier when compared to previous years. Not sure what happened in Oakland to be honest but given the extremely thin market for 3B, I'd take the risk since he's just going on the age of 26 in a few months.

I see him the same way as far as who the Sox had playing 3B. Lawrie is an upgrade over Gillaspie/Saladino/Olt. We would all prefer someone better at 3B but there's just not much available.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 03:54 AM)
Before '15 he was average or better on defense. His K rate jumped last season as well. I'm thinking last season was an outlier when compared to previous years. Not sure what happened in Oakland to be honest but given the extremely thin market for 3B, I'd take the risk since he's just going on the age of 26 in a few months.

I see him the same way as far as who the Sox had playing 3B. Lawrie is an upgrade over Gillaspie/Saladino/Olt. We would all prefer someone better at 3B but there's just not much available.

i agree and my take was he was trying for the hr more, causing him to k more as well.

ref to his stats, i too agree esp with the market.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 06:09 AM)
Eh I like Frazier but at what cost? They want the house and I'm not giving it up for him. Would rather get Lawrie and save the prospects. We probably could get Lawrie and Cargo for less than Frazier.

earlier it was said that cincy was blowing it up but now i have yet to hear anything on Frazier, i am wondering if cincy is waiting for the Chapman -rp to resolve itself.

but i agree, it they really want significant rtn .... forget about it.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 12:09 AM)
Eh I like Frazier but at what cost? They want the house and I'm not giving it up for him. Would rather get Lawrie and save the prospects. We probably could get Lawrie and Cargo for less than Frazier.

Agreed. The biggest prospect the Sox might have to give up would be Montas at most and that would be for CarGo. I'd rather keep Montas but if it means upgrading two positions then I'm absolutely fine with that. At least the Sox would still have Fulmer, Anderson, Adams, May, Engel, Guerrero etc. Oh, and still have three picks in the first two rounds next June.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 06:02 AM)
no choice for maybe 1 of them. maybe MJ being traded.

Trading Micah would be the likely scenario, imo. Sanchez is perfect for the utility roll being a switch hitter with great defense. I'd still like to see if Sanchez's bat can come around but beggers can't be chosers so if Lawrie had to move to 2B then so be it.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 12:10 PM)
Trading Micah would be the likely scenario, imo. Sanchez is perfect for the utility roll being a switch hitter with great defense. I'd still like to see if Sanchez's bat can come around but beggers can't be chosers so if Lawrie had to move to 2B then so be it.

again you are 100 % correct.... maybe it is b/c you are agreeing with me. :D

but in all honesty, i was thinking that the sox will sign oops get 1 player, and that will be Lawrie and for 3b. Sanchez has won that position from last yr play. MJ would be a great filler in a bigger trade that needed a player pkg to pull it off.

but dang it, i would love to have gordon on the south side and playing ss.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 06:17 AM)

but in all honesty, i was thinking that the sox will sign 1 player, and that will be Lawrie and for 3b. Sanchez has won that position from last yr play. MJ would be a great filler in a bigger trade that needed a player pkg to pull it off.

My current Xmas wish list is to trade for Lawrie, Gordon and CarGo. Let Sanchez have 2B with Saladino as the utility man that can play solid defense at 3B, SS and 2B. While I'm wishing here, would like to see Avi, Micah and Melky (ya, right) traded so that Thompson can get his glove onto the field.

Nothing wrong with wishing this time of year is there? :D

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 06:17 AM)

but in all honesty, i was thinking that the sox will sign 1 player, and that will be Lawrie and for 3b. Sanchez has won that position from last yr play. MJ would be a great filler in a bigger trade that needed a player pkg to pull it off.

You have Anderson to play SS hopefully next year. Gordon plays 2nd and hasn't played SS in 2 years. Honestly Micah could be come Gordon if his defense improves and gets playing time to fully show what he can do. Also needs to stay healthy

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer