White Sox decline to tender Tyler Flowers and Jacob Turner

Baron

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 02:15 PM)
Leaving this horses*** organization certainly has helped Tyler. It did not help Beckham, however. I am of the suspicion Tyler is happy he's not a member of the White Sox any more. I'm sure he does miss this great city though. Chicago is paradise compared to Atlanta cept for the brutal winters.

BUT COMRADE GREGNIK IF YOU EMBRACE STATSKIS YOU BETRAY THE CODE.

If anything it just goes to show how much weaker pitching is in the NL overall than AL. He goes to the NL and sees a 20% or so pump in his offensive production. The braves also seem to realize Tyler has a reverse platoon slit and is much better against RHP than LHP. And lastly they are keeping him fresh, as he's only on pace to start about 100 games.

I never properly valued Tyler's defensive contributions but my god the hand wringing over at SSS about letting him go was absurd. Yea it was in hindsight the wrong move but come on the Sox have made much bigger mistakes.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 12:33 PM)
We were well aware of his framing skill. He was so bad at everything else that it wasn't worth it.

It's like a WR with 4.3 speed than can't run a route or catch a football. You just have to ignore everything but the film and say bad.