Misc. Sox Quotes & Tweets

Chisoxfn

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 06:43 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen @CST_soxvan

Jose Abreu: 'I want to spend my whole career with White Sox because they gave me opportunity to play here. And they have done a lot for me.'

He might be the most likable Sox star of all time, along with Buehrle.

Andy Van Psych ‏@cronebender 1m1 minute ago

How stark the contrast is on John Danks of last year & John Danks of the prior few years. So much rides on which one shows up this yr (1/3)

Andy Van Psych ‏@cronebender 35s36 seconds ago

The Soothing: if we add up the 32 starts in 2005 between Duque and McCarthy, it equals John Danks' 2015 WAR from 30 starts (2/3)

Andy Van Psych ‏@cronebender 31s32 seconds ago

The Scalding: 2012 to 2014 WAR for pitchers with more than 350 innings in the span. Danks is #98 of 98, and the #97 guy doubles him. (3/3)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 02:37 PM)
What? Really?

I believe it. A's have Semien, Phegley, and Bassit all up. Dodgers have Trayce. Lot of guys have went elsewhere. We haven't found many stars, but we've found a lot of serviceable players. Plus you have our existing players as well.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 05:13 PM)
What shocks me about this is how few players in the majors are actually drafted.

Well you have to remember all of the foreign players are signed. I think the actual amount of undrafted american born players is pretty small (or I would imagine that is the case).

Well you have to remember all of the foreign players are signed. I think the actual amount of undrafted american born players is pretty small (or I would imagine that is the case).

That's the point. Basically every player in the NFL is in the league via the draft process, I'm including UDFA's in that because the feeding frenzy for them coincides with the end of the draft. The NBA as well, though to a slightly lesser extent. I dont know hockey at all.

Meanwhile half the players in MLB were initially acquired completely outside the draft process. It really undermines the value of picks.

I'm going to try to figure them all out.

Chris Sale (CWS), Carlos Rodon (CWS), Jake Petricka (CWS), Tyler Saladino (CWS), Nate Jones (CWS), Trayce Thompson (LAD), Josh Phegley (OAK), Marcus Semien (OAK), Chris Bassitt (OAK), Mike Morse (PIT), Chris Young (BOS), Chris Stewart (PIT), Boone Logan (COL), Brandon McCarthy (LAD), Gio Gonzalez (WAS), Carlos Torres (MIL), Clayton Richard (CHC), Hector Santiago (LAA), Gordon Beckham (ATL), Daniel Hudson (ARI), Addison Reed (NYM)

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 6, 2016 -> 09:05 PM)
I'm going to try to figure them all out.

Chris Sale (CWS), Carlos Rodon (CWS), Jake Petricka (CWS), Tyler Saladino (CWS), Nate Jones (CWS), Trayce Thompson (LAD), Josh Phegley (OAK), Marcus Semien (OAK), Chris Bassitt (OAK), Mike Morse (PIT), Chris Young (BOS), Chris Stewart (PIT), Boone Logan (COL), Brandon McCarthy (LAD), Gio Gonzalez (WAS), Carlos Torres (MIL), Clayton Richard (CHC), Hector Santiago (LAA), Gordon Beckham (ATL), Daniel Hudson (ARI), Addison Reed (NYM)

I was doing it in my head and missed Richard, Logan, and Torres. Damn. Is Ryan Sweeney out of baseball?