Misc. Sox Quotes & Tweets

Chisoxfn

Southside Showdown

@SoxShowdown

FanSided

March Madness: White Sox’s Final Four and Cinderellas for 2016 https://t.co/KT0QlObVXN #whitesox #fansided

Scott Merkin

@scottmerkin

MLB.com

New White Sox broadcaster Benetti excited for debut https://t.co/gkhiYLTTwO via @mlb

Scott Merkin

@scottmerkin

MLB.com

Sanchez maturing, making his case to White Sox https://t.co/2sfIH37ttU via @mlb

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 13, 2016 -> 07:16 AM)
Sure sounds like Sox were runner-up for Gordon

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-colum...le65700802.html

“There was one major team,” he says. “One of the biggest things for us, my (oldest) kid is starting kindergarten. We wanted to be somewhere close. That was the main thing, keeping the family together and being somewhere close. So I’ll give you a hint, and maybe you can guess who it is. It’s centrally located, I’ll give you that.”

Others close to Gordon or the negotiation have guessed that team to be the White Sox.

“Maybe,” is all Gordon will say.

A phone conversation shortly after Christmas changed everything.

Lines up with all the red hot stove discussion we were all having here about Gordon right before Christmas.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 19, 2016 -> 06:28 PM)
Pitching schedule.

https://twitter.com/CST_soxvan/status/711212914175127552

I wonder if there are other teams just as leery (paranoid) about major league pitchers facing division opponents and teams they face early in the season?

That's a real good question. I guess the Sox have been doing this for awhile, but does it really matter? I am not the resident club expert on the subject so I don't wish to make a comment one way of the other, but it woud be interesting to know a bit more about it.

Bernie Pleskoff ‏@BerniePleskoff Mar 19

Watch for #WhiteSox moves. They have only 37 men on their 40-man roster. Room for changes.

Bernie Pleskoff ‏@BerniePleskoff 23h23 hours ago

Heard it in the press box: #Dodgers really like the athletic ability and future of former #WhiteSox OF Trayce Thompson.

Heard it in the press box: #Dodgers really like the athletic ability and future of former #WhiteSox OF Trayce Thompson.

Heard it in the press box: #WhiteSox catcher Dioner Navarro thinks John Danks has been tipping his pitches. Not yesterday. Pitched well.

Heard it in the press box: #WhiteSox Avila may get more playing time and at-bats than Navarro at catcher.

Bernie Pleskoff ‏@BerniePleskoff Mar 19

#WhiteSox are 3rd in spring home runs with 26- behind Detroit (35) and Philadelphia (28). #WhiteSox slugging .493 or 4th in baseball.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 20, 2016 -> 03:16 PM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 10m10 minutes ago Scottsdale, AZ

Two notes from this a.m.: Robin said the 25th guy on the roster doesn't have to be a first baseman and 13 pitchers has been discussed

One thing that could impact the number of pitchers is weather. It's not likely, but if there is a rainout for Wednesday's game, they'll have to play a doubleheader on Thursday without a 26th man. There are no good days to go back to Oakland to make it up. Not likely, but they have to think about those things ahead of time.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 12:39 PM)
Bernie Pleskoff ‏@BerniePleskoff 2m2 minutes ago

Heard it in the press box: #Athletics on the prowl to move some older players and are looking for middle infielders.

Speculation anyone?

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 07:39 PM)
Bernie Pleskoff ‏@BerniePleskoff 2m2 minutes ago

Heard it in the press box: #Athletics on the prowl to move some older players and are looking for middle infielders.

there are 3 players, 1 or whom can work nicely with the sox in getting. i guess i am with the reddick camp.

either way, i can trust the sox and hahn offering a nice pkg without sacrificing alot to get him or coghlan or even valencia... but this is on me ...