Misc. Sox Quotes & Tweets

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 05:33 PM)
People are outraged about Avi, but really it's the inability to unload LaRoche and his 13 million which is a bigger issue IMO.

i agree with you, but sometimes some moves works and sometimes it doesn't.

the sox went cheap and not to invest money so they tried to regurgitate some players at a discounted price.

now remember, many were ok with this move, b/c the sox were doing something positive to improve this ball club. it just didn't work.

now, the main point in my post is, fix this team, eat the contract and continue to rebuild. they, the sox org can afford it.....

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 11:49 AM)
Garcia is the bigger issue, because something can actually be done about it. We're stuck with LaRoche.

Agreed. Garcia has been the biggest issue all along and they are just too stubborn to address it. He's a liability in the outfield, in the batters box, and on the base path. The fact that they've done nothing to address the situation is inexcusable. When he starts inevitably f***ing up this season again, he will get eaten alive at the ballpark and the White Sox will have nobody to blame but themselves. It's going to be really ugly.

Agreed. Garcia has been the biggest issue all along and they are just too stubborn to address it. He's a liability in the outfield, in the batters box, and on the base path. The fact that they've done nothing to address the situation is inexcusable. When he starts inevitably f***ing up this season again, he will get eaten alive at the ballpark and the White Sox will have nobody to blame but themselves. It's going to be really ugly.

They made serious bids on both Gordon and Cespedes. Clearly not too stubborn to address it. Just haven't yet addressed it successfully.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 11:58 AM)
Which hurt Hahn's ability to sign free agents way more than Avi's role on the team did.

I thought the best part of the LaRoche signing when it happened was that it was for a price that wouldn't hamper any other moves from happening in the future? I can't believe we wound up talking about it being some major hindrance.

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 06:54 PM)
If he still sucks by June, he's going to be released.

ok, i am not trying to be snarky or anything like that. but, in june, if, he is to be release, who will replace him, ref to hitting ????

now add the idea of Avi is in the outfield and the sox will release laroche.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 07:21 PM)
They made serious bids on both Gordon and Cespedes. Clearly not too stubborn to address it. Just haven't yet addressed it successfully.

yeah, they address it, but they still didn't get anyone player signed.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 12:21 PM)

Semantics. Either they were too stubborn to address it, or they misunderstood the market and their capacity to take advantage of it.

In both cases it's a failure with the same end result: Avisail Garcia having a prominent role on the team again. So ever since Soxfest they've been feeding us the same fluffy garbage that we heard year after year about Beckham and Viciedo.

I will continue to hope that we find a replacement before the season starts. Failing that, I will root for Garcia and hope that he proves everybody wrong and simultaneously learns how to hit, field, and run at a major league level. But this has been a failure and it rightfully casts a shadow over the rest of the moves of the offseason - good, productive moves in their own right. Because this team had a very easy, obvious hole to fill. One more thing that clearly needed fixing, and they couldn't do it.

And now I have to hear about how Avi Garcia is in the Best Shape Of His LifeTM again. I mean my god, how stupid do they think we are?

Sorry. This rant was a long time coming and it's not aimed at you, HH.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 11:00 AM)
The talking up of Avi continues. He's gonna be the starting right fielder and I'm gonna lose my freaking mind.

Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 8m8 minutes ago

Todd Steverson said Avisail Garcia was very receptive to trying a new stance when they worked out for 3 days in Miami. Promises diff. look.

Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 7m7 minutes ago

Todd Steverson on Avisail Garcia: "“You can tell people, tell people, tell people. But until they get a hold of it in their own head."

Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 3m3 minutes ago

Basically, #WhiteSox know there's much to be done & it's early. They're hoping Avisail Garcia gets comfy w/ new stance in spring.

Hopefully it is something that allows to him to see pitches longer, and swing at less junk... or at least convinces him that this will help him do that.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 02:01 PM)
ok, i am not trying to be snarky or anything like that. but, in june, if, he is to be release, who will replace him, ref to hitting ????

now add the idea of Avi is in the outfield and the sox will release laroche.

I'd assume it would be Coats or another AAA guy. When your DH is failing, replacing him is not really that difficult since it can be anyone.

June is the month that teams wait until for prospects because of service time; this way they get an extra year of control out of them before free agency.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 01:20 PM)
Semantics. Either they were too stubborn to address it, or they misunderstood the market and their capacity to take advantage of it.

In both cases it's a failure with the same end result: Avisail Garcia having a prominent role on the team again. So ever since Soxfest they've been feeding us the same fluffy garbage that we heard year after year about Beckham and Viciedo.

I will continue to hope that we find a replacement before the season starts. Failing that, I will root for Garcia and hope that he proves everybody wrong and simultaneously learns how to hit, field, and run at a major league level. But this has been a failure and it rightfully casts a shadow over the rest of the moves of the offseason - good, productive moves in their own right. Because this team had a very easy, obvious hole to fill. One more thing that clearly needed fixing, and they couldn't do it.

And now I have to hear about how Avi Garcia is in the Best Shape Of His LifeTM again. I mean my god, how stupid do they think we are?

Sorry. This rant was a long time coming and it's not aimed at you, HH.

f*** yes to all of this. Couldnt have been too serious if neither ever seriously considered them. They can pay it lip service all they want, but this will be a failure we will all remember for a very long time. The first second Avi and the team fails this year, it will get poured on hard. No contending team would have Avi as a starter, plain and simple.

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 08:24 PM)
I'd assume it would be Coats or another AAA guy. When your DH is failing, replacing him is not really that difficult since it can be anyone.

June is the month that teams wait until for prospects because of service time; this way they get an extra year of control out of them before free agency.

ref the bold, this is for discussion .... but here is the problem. the sox will replace a hitter who can't hit, assuming that will be the reason to his release. now he will be replace with a AAA player who may not be able to hit his weight. it is just too much of a gamble to take, esp if Avi is in the outfield.

now and i am sure most will agree, sign a Fa of'er and move and platoon Avi to the dh role. but this is what many have already thought of and is nothing new.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 03:00 PM)
ref the bold, this is for discussion .... but here is the problem. the sox will replace a hitter who can't hit, assuming that will be the reason to his release. now he will be replace with a AAA player who may not be able to hit his weight. it is just too much of a gamble to take, esp if Avi is in the outfield.

now and i am sure most will agree, sign a Fa of'er and move and platoon Avi to the dh role. but this is what many have already thought of and is nothing new.

Perhaps they replace him with Tim Anderson.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 08:59 PM)
f*** yes to all of this. Couldnt have been too serious if neither ever seriously considered them. They can pay it lip service all they want, but this will be a failure we will all remember for a very long time. The first second Avi and the team fails this year, it will get poured on hard. No contending team would have Avi as a starter, plain and simple.

this is the key phrase. like this, they, the FO can go to soxfest and pass along the "well we did try"

if they, the sox does fix this team, get a viable OF'er, the fans will come to the games, they will make their money back.

put the team on the field and the excitement on the south side will be fantastic.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 01:59 PM)

Time will tell on Avi. Too much doom and gloom in this take though; just because a free agent doesn't pick the Sox, it isn't automatically a failure per say. Sox would no doubt consider it a failure to overpay on a guy and have it hinder them in the future. Depends on the perspective.

QUOTE (blackmooncreeping @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 10:34 PM)
Time will tell on Avi. Too much doom and gloom in this take though; just because a free agent doesn't pick the Sox, it isn't automatically a failure per say. Sox would no doubt consider it a failure to overpay on a guy and have it hinder them in the future. Depends on the perspective.

then, in that case, the sox can get all the laroche and avi on the team.

failure to over pay.... that is the story of the sox history on the present ownership.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 05:37 PM)
then, in that case, the sox can get all the laroche and avi on the team.

failure to over pay.... that is the story of the sox history on the present ownership.

Pretty much. Their way of thinking in terms of market specifics has left them clutching air more often than not of late; Shark, Laroche, Dunn to some degree all seemed like winning moves in when initially made...and then they took the field and splat.

The 2016 White Sox need a Jim Thome clone. :D

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 09:02 AM)
That is your starting right fielder folks. Working on a completely different stance.

A new stance ? Todd Stevenson ripped off ( joking ) my idea for Avi. Can't remember what kind of stance I suggested but I know I did suggest it. I think I thought he should open up his stance. We'll see what's going on when he reports or spring games start .

QUOTE (blackmooncreeping @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 04:34 PM)

If they are already worrying about the future with all the talent they have locked up right now, then they are already screwed. This was the time to go for it and they so predictably fell short.

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 15, 2016 -> 02:40 PM)
Is this usual to have so many B-C type FA's still unsigned when pitchers and catchers officially report? It seems like there are more bigger names out there than usual. I remember things being more set in place by now.

This is absolutely more than usual. Been a very unique market.