Misc. Sox Quotes & Tweets

Chisoxfn

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 19, 2015 -> 06:27 PM)
Segura is so bad...the only thing going for him is his age.

I had him on my fantasy team at one point and he did literally nothing for me the entire time I had him. Thank god I found someone to trade him to.

Just to put it in perspective, he is a year older than Avi Garcia, and hasn't been able to hit major league pitching since Avi became a White Sox. If you don't think Avi can ever figure it out, or think Avi in RF in 2016 will be a team killer, you are being hypocritical if you think Segura is an answer. The guy has been a replacement level player except for the first half of 2013. Either teams adjusted and he couldn't, or he lost it.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 19, 2015 -> 07:01 PM)
Just to put it in perspective, he is a year older than Avi Garcia, and hasn't been able to hit major league pitching since Avi became a White Sox. If you don't think Avi can ever figure it out, or think Avi in RF in 2016 will be a team killer, you are being hypocritical if you think Segura is an answer. The guy has been a replacement level player except for the first half of 2013. Either teams adjusted and he couldn't, or he lost it.

So now posters are hypocrites when they disagree with you?

If Avi Garcia could also play defense in RF like Segura is capable of at the most important position on the field, then it might be a relevant comparison.

Last time I checked, Avi has never come close to a 4 war season and isn't capable of averaging 30 stolen bases per year either without being thrown out 15-25 times in the process of compiling those numbers.

What in Juan Uribe's Colorado numbers led you to believe he would be a key cog in their World Series team at the time of that trade?

He lost it...yeah...no excuses at all when you lose a child, just shrug it off and throw some dirt on it. We used the same excuse for Sox players like Dunn and Ramirez and Contreras when they had family or off-the-field issues, why doesn't it extend to players on other teams to at least consider other issues? At one point, he was the key player coming back in a Zack Greinke deal, after all. There's still talent there.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 20, 2015 -> 12:02 AM)
So now posters are hypocrites when they disagree with you?

If Avi Garcia could also play defense in RF like Segura is capable of at the most important position on the field, then it might be a relevant comparison.

Last time I checked, Avi has never come close to a 4 war season and isn't capable of averaging 30 stolen bases per year either without being thrown out 15-25 times in the process of compiling those numbers.

What in Juan Uribe's Colorado numbers led you to believe he would be a key cog in their World Series team at the time of that trade?

He lost it...yeah...no excuses at all when you lose a child, just shrug it off and throw some dirt on it. We used the same excuse for Sox players like Dunn and Ramirez and Contreras when they had family or off-the-field issues, why doesn't it extend to players on other teams to at least consider other issues? At one point, he was the key player coming back in a Zack Greinke deal, after all. There's still talent there.

His son died in July of 2014. His OPS the second half of 2013 and first half of 2014 was below .600. He put up a full season of an OPS lower than 2015 Carlos Sanchez.He actually hit better in 2014 when he came back from bereavement. Then he was back to being bad in 2015. The fact is the Sox have Saladino and Sanchez and have no need for Segura. It would make no sense for the Brewers where they are at to give him away, and no sense for the White Sox to give up something of value for a guy who has been bad for 2 1/2 years. Besides it was a guy's Twitter "hunch" his words that said a trade could be happening, and another random person's comment mentioning Segura. Maybe the Royals can trade for him. Escobar isn't a 4 WAR SS.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 20, 2015 -> 08:49 AM)
I wouldn't have an objection if the Brewers price him at the sub .650 OPS that he is.

Of course you don't, you love bad players making little, until you realize he has a projected $3.2 million arb hit.

Maybe for some teams it might make sense but for teams with similar players like Saladino and Sanchez and the top prospect being a SS, it isn't a fit.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 20, 2015 -> 08:49 AM)
I wouldn't have an objection if the Brewers price him at the sub .650 OPS that he is.

Same here. Last I was thinking an Avi for Segura swap, then the Sox sign Upton or Cespedes. Then looked at the Brewers team and farm, s*** man, they don't need outfielders as they have a plethora of them already.

Yeah, that's the only trade that makes sense, something like Avi for Segura, where there wouldn't be a huge difference in salaries...and if we're now mildly or somewhat concerned with under $5 million deals, we shouldn't have wasted so much money the last 3 seasons on Beckham, Konerko, Downs, Paulino, Belisario, Keppinger, Bonifacio and even Duke. That money all adds up over time and does become significant in terms of opportunity costs and forgone opportunities.

Has anyone heard anything about the Sox agreeing to terms with Mat Latos? Our old buddy "Jimbo's Drinker" (Dan) just tweeted it and then deleted it a few minutes later. He definitely has some good contacts and used to work for the White Sox, so I imagine there might be some truth to it.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 12:50 PM)
Has anyone heard anything about the Sox agreeing to terms with Mat Latos? Our old buddy "Jimbo's Drinker" (Dan) just tweeted it and then deleted it a few minutes later. He definitely has some good contacts and used to work for the White Sox, so I imagine there might be some truth to it.

Muy interestingo

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 02:50 PM)

What's his twitter handle?

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 03:34 PM)
Well if even if he's cheap and on a 1 year deal he still gets innings. If he's terrible it's not like the Sox get those innings back.

Playing time is still an investment people.

He'd be competition for the rotation. If he fails, he gets cut.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 02:50 PM)

Hope he is a ground ball pitcher.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 30, 2015 -> 11:33 AM)
Sure he would.

He'd kick Erik Johnson.

And yes, Dick, you and KW's theories of proven veterans have done nothing but produce... a whole 2 playoff teams in 15 years.

well we all know the tried and true method of bringing up a bunch of mediocre and flawed minor leaguers does nothing but lead the way to the playoffs