Chisoxfn

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://twitter.com/MeridianoTV/status/682583109985038337

Some tweets saying Carlos Sanchez will not be with his winter league team's postseason. Can't quite tell if the White Sox pulled the plug, or what...looks like they want him to leave so he can work on SS more before spring training.

https://twitter.com/Vboccone/status/682586292656467969

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 09:46 AM)
https://twitter.com/MeridianoTV/status/682583109985038337

Some tweets saying Carlos Sanchez will not be with his winter league team's postseason. Can't quite tell if the White Sox pulled the plug, or what...looks like they want him to leave so he can work on SS more before spring training.

https://twitter.com/Vboccone/status/682586292656467969

My first thought was that the Sox were working on a trade involving Sanchez and don't want him getting hurt. Seems odd to not let him finish the postseason.

Regarding Sanchez: http://www.liderendeportes.com/movil/detal...dNoticia=175700

" In fact, the absence of Sanchez in the semifinals is because the White Sox are very interested in the infielder is trained during the month of January as shortstop, and so it was told to La Guaira about two weeks ago. "We made ​​a proposal, both Carlos and to the White Sox, to at least partially train him throughout the month of January as shortstop, but Carlos preferred to follow a full-time program of preparation as a shortstop, " concluded Jose Antonio Herrera. "

Pretty much confirms what we've heard about Sanchez and Saladino competing at SS in ST.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 02:39 PM)
Regarding Sanchez: http://www.liderendeportes.com/movil/detal...dNoticia=175700

" In fact, the absence of Sanchez in the semifinals is because the White Sox are very interested in the infielder is trained during the month of January as shortstop, and so it was told to La Guaira about two weeks ago. "We made ​​a proposal, both Carlos and to the White Sox, to at least partially train him throughout the month of January as shortstop, but Carlos preferred to follow a full-time program of preparation as a shortstop, " concluded Jose Antonio Herrera. "

Pretty much confirms what we've heard about Sanchez and Saladino competing at SS in ST.

And I'm a fan of that. We're better off having some competition than just handing Tyler the job.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 02:47 PM)
And I'm a fan of that. We're better off having some competition than just handing Tyler the job.

I agree and would rather go with one of these guys instead of Alexei or fricken Desmond. My only concern with Carlos is will his arm strength good enough for SS but we will find that out in ST. I really hope the Sox stick to this competition between Sanchez and Saladino.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 03:56 PM)
When they say Saladino/Sanchez are going to battle it out for SS in ST, it's not much different than when they were saying "We have Mike Olt at third" prior to the Lawrie/Frazier trades.

So are you thinking the Sox go with Saladino at SS and Sanchez as his backup or that the Sox could sign/trade for a SS?

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 03:56 PM)
When they say Saladino/Sanchez are going to battle it out for SS in ST, it's not much different than when they were saying "We have Mike Olt at third" prior to the Lawrie/Frazier trades.

Except that Saladino makes a lot more sense at SS than Olt did at 3B. i.e. there's a much higher chance that Saladino performs at league average at SS than Olt at 3B.

Sanchez should get a fair amount of starts, a good amount of playing time, and the bench and options are light years better than Beckham/Bonifacio.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 2, 2016 -> 01:10 AM)
I am saying if the Sox go to camp RV, Hahn and Dan Hayes are saying that Saladino/Sanchez are battling it out in a SS competeition that it's Saladino's job. Saying Sanchez/Saladino are in a competition is a formality of rhetoric.

Makes sense. Goes in line with when the SS position is mentioned, Hahn refers to Saladino first and foremost. IIRC the FO was pretty high on Saladino before he went down for TJ surgery and the FO was pretty bummed about it.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 11:32 AM)
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 39s39 seconds ago

Sources: #Padres still talking to SS Alexei Ramirez, as first reported by @MLBBruceLevine. Would require shorter term than Desmond.

If SD signs Lexi, where does that leave Desmond option-wise? Maybe to the Sox, and then we sign a FA outfielder not named Cespedes that doesn't require a pick ? If we could recoup the lost pick for Desmond after 2016, maybe...?

QUOTE (blackmooncreeping @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 11:43 AM)
If SD signs Lexi, where does that leave Desmond option-wise? Maybe to the Sox, and then we sign a FA outfielder not named Cespedes that doesn't require a pick ? If we could recoup the lost pick for Desmond after 2016, maybe...?

Cespedes doesn't require a pick. Upton and fowler does cost a pick. If you sign Desmond to a one year deal and as long as he stays with the team the whole year the Sox can deal offer him a qualifying offer then next year and get a pick back.

QUOTE (blackmooncreeping @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 11:43 AM)

Do the White Sox lose a free agent if they sign Desmond or Fowler?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 16, 2016 -> 07:47 AM)
You mean a draft pick? Then the answer is yes.

Sorry, yes a draft pick.

I really hope they avoid signing players if they are going to lose draft picks. They need to make rebuilding that minor league system a TOP priority as much as trying to compete in the majors. They have already traded some talent, now it's time to replenish as much as they can.

I like Fowler, but not for a draft pick.

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 9m9 minutes ago

The #Mets and #Whitesox each interested in Cespedes if he accepts short-term deal

Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien 3m3 minutes ago

Doesn't seem like Cespedes will get 5-6 year deal from anyone. White Sox could be in good position if he's willing to drop asking price.

Sorry, yes a draft pick.

I really hope they avoid signing players if they are going to lose draft picks. They need to make rebuilding that minor league system a TOP priority as much as trying to compete in the majors. They have already traded some talent, now it's time to replenish as much as they can.

I like Fowler, but not for a draft pick.

Normally, I'd be against signing a guy that costs a draft pick, but in this case the Sox have already picked up one from Samardzija so if they just lose that pick they still have their usual first and second round slots.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 18, 2016 -> 02:47 PM)
@JamesSmyth621

As of 10:34 ET last night, we are closer to the first pitch of the 2016 MLB season than we are to the last pitch of the 2015 World Series

Since we can't go back in time, we're always closer to the first pitch than the last.