Chisoxfn

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mibelt Rodriguez ‏@MibeltRodriguez 1m1 minute ago

The #Mets and #WhiteSox are the frontrunner to sign Yoenis Cespedes. He's looking for a minimum 4 years contract (1/2).

Mibelt Rodriguez ‏@MibeltRodriguez now

@MibeltRodriguez The #Mets haven't make an offer to Cespedes, and they won't go beyond 3 years. The #WhiteSox may go 4 years (2/2) #MLB

I found this to be very interesting. Apparently Tyler's uncle, Doug Saladino, was a skater in the 70's/80's. In this article Doug explains the family heritage speaking about his parents ( Tyler's grand parents).

I’m kidding. So you lived in San Diego most of your life?

I’ve lived in San Diego my whole life. My parents were born and raised in Hawaii, in Maui. My dad is Filipino and my mom is Japanese. My dad is first generation American. His mom got on a boat in the Philippines with a bunch of men and headed to Hawaii in the ‘20s.

http://juicemagazine.com/home/doug-pineapple-saladino/

So yes, Tyler indeed has Phillipene roots. His last name always struck me as being Italian so I learned something new today. :)

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 27, 2016 -> 08:04 AM)
I found this to be very interesting. Apparently Tyler's uncle, Doug Saladino, was a skater in the 70's/80's. In this article Doug explains the family heritage speaking about his parents ( Tyler's grand parents).

http://juicemagazine.com/home/doug-pineapple-saladino/

So yes, Tyler indeed has Phillipene roots. His last name always struck me as being Italian so I learned something new today. :)

This is interesting. Addison Russell and Tim Lincecum are both of Filipino heritage. I find it interesting, because I'm married to a Filipina, so it's nice to see the Philippines represented.

QUOTE (bjm676 @ Jan 27, 2016 -> 10:43 AM)
This is interesting. Addison Russell and Tim Lincecum are both of Filipino heritage. I find it interesting, because I'm married to a Filipina, so it's nice to see the Philippines represented.

I was surprised when I learned that Dave Bautista was Filipino.

I think Tyler is going to have a good year. He'll surprise us.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 27, 2016 -> 01:26 PM)
She's not? Well damn I stand corrected. Saw the pics and everything and thought so. My bad Jason.

I could be totally wrong. LOL

But I thought she said she was Thai?

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 10:55 AM)
Doug Padilla is moving back to LA to cover the Dodgers. Looks like ESPNChicago is hurting, think they are only going to do general Sox updates, not have anyone on the actual Sox beat.

I didn't like Padilla anyway. He's like Merkin honestly...just a bunch of lip service that isn't meaningful at all.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 10:55 AM)
Doug Padilla is moving back to LA to cover the Dodgers. Looks like ESPNChicago is hurting, think they are only going to do general Sox updates, not have anyone on the actual Sox beat.

Damn. To not even have a beat guy from ESPN for Sox baseball kind of sucks in a way. Not that they gave any huge insight but the fact that Sox interest and journalism in general reaching new lows all the time.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 11:44 AM)
Damn. To not even have a beat guy from ESPN for Sox baseball kind of sucks in a way. Not that they gave any huge insight but the fact that Sox interest and journalism in general reaching new lows all the time.

Not that ESPN Chicago was necessarily guilty of this, but I go back and forth all the time whether I want more or less Sox coverage from the media (especially locally). On one hand I get annoyed that the Sox get little to no attention, but on the other hand the little attention they do get is often accompanied by snark or needless comparisons to the Cubs (we can't just be our own entity), and that just annoys me further.