The LaRoche article dug up from 2015

glangon

QUOTE (South Sider @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 06:24 PM)
At this point, I'd rather keep Laroche. Like others have said, he is the perfect bounce back candidate, and if he does in fact bounce back, will be much more attractive to teams during the season.

I just hope the Sox plans this offseason aren't contingent on moving Laroche. That would be terrible.

let me play devil's advocate, what happen if he does not bounce back, the sox will not have any one to manned that position.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 12:06 PM)
good b/c it doesn't become you to berate me on some really petty B/S. going to the can't understand card and contradiction.

i have yet to contradict anything in what i have said. believe me and if not, who cares. i never knew you to be like this contradiction stuff.

In all seriousness, I have no idea what you are talking about anymore. You keep posting stuff, and then later saying that isn't what you said. Apparently I am not the only one who feels that way either. Call it petty or whatever, but I have no idea you mean most of the time. I give up trying to respond to it with any substance.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 12:24 PM)
At this point, I'd rather keep Laroche. Like others have said, he is the perfect bounce back candidate, and if he does in fact bounce back, will be much more attractive to teams during the season.

I just hope the Sox plans this offseason aren't contingent on moving Laroche. That would be terrible.

And if he doesn't bounceback, you don't lose anything you didn't already lose.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 12:42 PM)
let me play devil's advocate, what happen if he does not bounce back, the sox will not have any one to manned that position.

The Sox obviously aren't banking on him returning to what he should be, or they wouldn't have been trying to trade him (wish cash, that is). If he doesn't bounce back, there will be plenty of guys that they can plug into the DH role throughout the season. Avi, Melky, etc. I would imagine the thinking is hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 07:46 PM)
In all seriousness, I have no idea what you are talking about anymore. You keep posting stuff, and then later saying that isn't what you said. Apparently I am not the only one who feels that way either. Call it petty or whatever, but I have no idea you mean most of the time. I give up trying to respond to it with any substance.

ok show me today where i contradicted myself.

My biggest problem with LaRoche is more the fact that I want an open DH spot so that I can move Melky to DH, Eaton to LF, Trayce to Center and hopefully sign or trade for an OF.

I think that is a pipedream anyways. So just hope and pray he does decent. I'd expect .250, 20HR and 70RBI out of LaRoche if he plays a full year.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 07:47 PM)
The Sox obviously aren't banking on him returning to what he should be, or they wouldn't have been trying to trade him (wish cash, that is). If he doesn't bounce back, there will be plenty of guys that they can plug into the DH role throughout the season. Avi, Melky, etc. I would imagine the thinking is hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

ok lets assume you are right, melky already has a position and if you pencil TT as a full time of'er, then why did then wanted to see if there was interest in trading him and / or if he is full time, then avi will be the dh.

that is all i can see unless you are thinking of shuck.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 12:48 PM)
My biggest problem with LaRoche is more the fact that I want an open DH spot so that I can move Melky to DH, Eaton to LF, Trayce to Center and hopefully sign or trade for an OF.

I think that is a pipedream anyways. So just hope and pray he does decent. I'd expect .250, 20HR and 70RBI out of LaRoche if he plays a full year.

Might wanna lower those expectations... I'd expect .220/18/55.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 12:55 PM)
and that is a good point, then they to FO would have to sign someone even if it mean platooning, as i said earlier.

How many DH's do you want on the team? If LaRoche is going to be platooned it's going to be with somebody else already on the roster. They are not going to use 3 spots for 1B/DH types.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 07:16 PM)
How many DH's do you want on the team? If LaRoche is going to be platooned it's going to be with somebody else already on the roster. They are not going to use 3 spots for 1B/DH types.

lets see, there were 2 poster who mention this, and yet you took it upon yourself to attack me.

not only really petty but extremely childish. how old are you?????

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 01:20 PM)
lets see, there were 2 poster who mention this, and yet you took it upon yourself to attack me.

That isn't a personal attack, it's questioning your logic. He's asking for your rationale/defense on why we should go with those types of players.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 01:20 PM)

Childish? How old am I? How old are you that you take it as an attack when somebody makes a counterpoint to your argument? Nothing in my post could possibly be construed as a personal attack.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 07:26 PM)
That isn't a personal attack, it's questioning your logic. He's asking for your rationale/defense on why we should go with those types of players.

yeah right, if he was questioning the logic, then he should have posted it without my name attached, further more, there was someone else, why did he need to address me out. that was a rhetorical question.

now past post of other topics does present a recurring theme. so he has used this forum as a way to attack ....

that is how i am coming to my conclusion. i believe i have establish myself as a posters who can take when i am wrong, without any venom spewing. in fact i go out of my way so no one can accuse me of this.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 07:36 PM)
yeah right, if he was questioning the logic, then he should have posted it without my name attached, further more, there was someone else, why did he need to address me out. that was a rhetorical question.

now past post of other topics does present a recurring theme. so he has used this forum as a way to attack ....

that is how i am coming to my conclusion. i believe i have establish myself as a posters who can take when i am wrong, without any venom spewing. in fact i go out of my way so no one can accuse me of this.

btw go to an earlier post today, he came out of no where to post what he did.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 07:37 PM)
btw go to an earlier post today, he came out of no where to post what he did.

furthermore in my defense, a certain person accuse me of something, i asked him to provide the proof.

again, if i have indeed been wrong, i have always come back to that post and acknowledge my mistake without spewing out B/S.

• southsider2k5 changed the title to The LaRoche article dug up from 2015