White Sox acquire Brett Lawrie

Baron

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is we might get this trade done for Lawrie. But, we don't need to overpay with our good young talent, who can help our own team. It might be painful, but there were a lot of posters, who in the past dumped on KW for draining our farm system. We start to build it up again and I have seen some calling for it to be drained again. Maybe rather than Lawrie we look at Will Middlebrooks? There was a time we had our sights on him I believe. I am not calling for this deal, but just trying to point out that we have some options including internal.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 02:17 PM)
Not sure if this has been addressed in this thread, but why is Oakland trading Lawrie?

They had their manager on mlb network last night. He made it seem like they had a glutton of corner guys when they brought in someone recently. Lawrie is thought to bring back the biggest return so if they trade one its him.

QUOTE (MDWhiteSoxFan @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 01:19 PM)
They had their manager on mlb network last night. He made it seem like they had a glutton of corner guys when they brought in someone recently. Lawrie is thought to bring back the biggest return so if they trade one its him.

OK, but Lawrie plays 2B also, and Sogard's bat looks pretty awful at a quick glance.