Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 10:21 PM)
http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/yoenis-...osenthal-012116

reading this is just a 100% total face palm moment

Wow, I never thought I would get to the point of possibly not caring anymore how this ends up. This is seriously screwed up. This is Yoenis Cespedes, not Mike Trout. This has gotten out of hand.

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 05:34 AM)
What ever happened to Jose Abreu trying to "broker" a deal between the White Sox & Cespedes per Phil Rogers?...

Based on that latest article, it sounds like the Sox really haven't been involved very much at all.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 09:08 PM)
For a team that's a finalist, the Sox are very very quiet. Nothing about them at all.

I really just don't they are as involved as we all thought.

I won't lie, I got caught up in the silence for a bit but even guys like Phil Rodgers don't think they are in on him much anymore.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 12:16 AM)
I really just don't they are as involved as we all thought.

I won't lie, I got caught up in the silence for a bit but even guys like Phil Rodgers don't think they are in on him much anymore.

Well then maybe they're doing this for PR. I don't know what to think anymore. I've been confident the entire time but this is just bizarre.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 09:19 PM)
Well then maybe they're doing this for PR. I don't know what to think anymore. I've been confident the entire time but this is just bizarre.

Yeah... I'm really starting to just not care anymore. This entire Cespedes thing has been a s*** show. I'll give the Sox some time to make another move before I get too upset but can't say I have too much confident in them doing much else to improve this team before ST.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 12:24 AM)
I said it before and I'll say it again...

It's time to start a "Sign Josh Reddick " thread for the 2016/17 off season. 1k pages or bust! :P

There's gotta be the smoke of a rumor for it to not just be a another "we should sign or trade for x player" thread.

With our buddy :hawk: interviewing telling us not to forget that Avi is just a baby... and all the "articles" or "information" attempting to detail Cespedes red flags... yeah I'm feeling like we're not going to land Cespedes.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 12:43 AM)
There's gotta be the smoke of a rumor for it to not just be a another "we should sign or trade for x player" thread.

With our buddy :hawk: interviewing telling us not to forget that Avi is just a baby... and all the "articles" or "information" attempting to detail Cespedes red flags... yeah I'm feeling like we're not going to land Cespedes.

Bravo and well played!

As for the Reddick rumor. No problem, a fake twitter account can solve that and make it a legit rumor with the smoke, bells and whistles to go with it. By this time next year we won't even remember WTF an Avi is.

Cespedes, f*** him who cares. We need to start driving ourselves crazy for the next FA we won't sign. Cespedes is old news and the new news is Josh Reddick! :wub:

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-nationa...t-for-nationals

Why Cespedes is and isn't a good fit for the Nationals...

Tough choice, $65-75 million for three years from the team he really wants to stay with and coming back into the teeth of the 2018 FA class or the bigger/longer offer from the Nats, where he would also likely end in CF playing next to one of the game's two best players.

http://nypost.com/2016/01/21/why-nats-woul...orst-nightmare/

Mets will talk to Cespedes again on Friday.

Edited by caulfield12

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...ticle-1.2505462

Roc Nation reached out to Yankees in the last 24 hours as well, definitely is doing everything possible to stay in NYC and drum up the best offers from Mets and Nats.

Seems the Yanks wouldn't come up with a three year counter-offer to the Mets...at least not with Gardner on the roster and Beltran as well.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 10:01 AM)
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...ticle-1.2505462

Roc Nation reached out to Yankees in the last 24 hours as well, definitely is doing everything possible to stay in NYC and drum up the best offers from Mets and Nats.

Seems the Yanks wouldn't come up with a three year counter-offer to the Mets...at least not with Gardner on the roster and Beltran as well.

this is giving me some red flags in general. i know the yanks want to correct their team salary. but some team really being hesitant, being apprehensive ..... i just don't know about all this.

if the Nat'l offer is legit 5 yrs and the salary. he should take it.

I can see it now. Cespedes signs with either Yanks or Nats, and then that team will come to Sox to solve their dilemma; that is, take an aging, overpaid, excess outfielder off their hands for prospects.

If it's the Nats, they need to get rid of Jayson Werth. If it's the Yanks, Gardner must go. Enter RH.