Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 01:43 PM)
Are you kidding me? Soxfest will be a murderfest if no one else signs. I'll bet that it will get more attention if nothing is done than if they sign cespedes. Already the score morning show is saying how bad they will be for settling for second teir acquisitions. The score will stir up the fanbase about how much better the cubs will be and what the sox shouls hafe done.

you know, i respect you and respect you as a posters. with that.

if the sox does not get cespy... for whatever reason, and settle for a second tier of'er like jackson and pickup lets say a sp or a temp ss. i would be extremely happy. they still did something to improve this team.

that team will still be fun to watch....

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 01:58 PM)
Sox sign Cespedes...possible WS team.

Sox sign Fowler, probably the worst team in the division. Will lose at least 90 games.

Sometimes if you look at it actually written out, you MAY see how silly it really is.

Shawn Abner, Luis Alvarado, Mike Andrews, Ed Herrmann.

really??? i really don't know about that. but i will think about that. (i saw later where this was address. sorry) all i know is Cle is going to be freaking tough to beat. that team has some players on it and wow, they really assembled a nice looking group of young hitters.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Baron @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 10:04 AM)
Seriously if they dont sign him...maybe Rick Hahn and Robin should stay away from Soxfest for their own safety.

Which, while true, is silly. The meatheads will be out in full force embarrassing themselves. I'm going to Soxfest. I hope it doesn't turn into what it could turn into. I am not an autograph guy, I just go to the seminars. I really enjoyed all the fluff last year. Its the time of year you really could use some. All the idiots who complain about not being able to sit right behind the dugout after purchasing a $5 upper deck seat calling people cheap is a trip. But I just don't want to deal with it.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 10:08 AM)
Which, while true, is silly. The meatheads will be out in full force embarrassing themselves. I'm going to Soxfest. I hope it doesn't turn into what it could turn into. I am not an autograph guy, I just go to the seminars. I really enjoyed all the fluff last year. Its the time of year you really could use some. All the idiots who complain about not being able to sit right behind the dugout after purchasing a $5 upper deck seat calling people cheap is a trip.

Yep agreed.

Look if they dont upgrade they deserve every little bit of criticism that comes there way. Just you cant count on meatheads to only use words or to be calm.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 10:08 AM)
Which, while true, is silly. The meatheads will be out in full force embarrassing themselves. I'm going to Soxfest. I hope it doesn't turn into what it could turn into. I am not an autograph guy, I just go to the seminars. I really enjoyed all the fluff last year. Its the time of year you really could use some. All the idiots who complain about not being able to sit right behind the dugout after purchasing a $5 upper deck seat calling people cheap is a trip. But I just don't want to deal with it.

People(especially sports fans) are morons, it's definitely going to be ugly if they stand pat.

I think the really depressing part of it is the fact that from the start the Sox were widely considered to be one of the favorites to land one of the big 3. The fans put a lot of stock in that and followed these stories extremely closely just to wind up with none of them in the end. It may wind up being a HUGE PR hit on the Sox whether its warranted or not.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 04:12 PM)
I think the really depressing part of it is the fact that from the start the Sox were widely considered to be one of the favorites to land one of the big 3. The fans put a lot of stock in that and followed these stories extremely closely just to wind up with none of them in the end. It may wind up being a HUGE PR hit on the Sox whether its warranted or not.

Agreed

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 08:12 AM)

And it should be. This team is stuck in the middle & makes two makes that tells fans they are going for it & then won't pony up for a game changer like Cespedes. Makes no real sense.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 10:12 AM)

It'll be warranted if they continue to sit on their hands until the season starts. This looks like a half finished product and will probably perform like one.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 10:12 AM)

That would be my disappointment, but if they move on to the next tier, I'm fine with that.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 10:14 AM)
And it should be. This team is stuck in the middle & makes two makes that tells fans they are going for it & then won't pony up for a game changer like Cespedes. Makes no real sense.

If they dont sign Cespedes I would think its because he received a bigger deal than even Upton got. The Sox just misjudged the market and thought these guys were going to have less teams that needed them along with coming down to their price range. It was terrible judgement.