Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

QUOTE (TheCut87 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 09:50 AM)
Bob nightengale said on mlb network right before I left the house that he expects Cespedes to go to the Nats at they have the best offer out on the table right now....kinda contradicts that NY reporters tweet

If the NY reporter is to be believed, the Nats have the only offer on the table at this point.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 09:29 AM)
Yeah Mully has just been upset with the team the past few years to the point where he's more pessimistic about the team. Same with Goff. I don't know if either Boers or Bernstein are/were Sox fans before.

Mully is the one though that is totally legit. He hates the Cubs, and enjoys when the Sox are winning. The others are like WSI members, if they aren't going to win the WS, they want them to be as bad as possible, not for the draft picks, but for the complaints.

Yeah Mully has just been upset with the team the past few years to the point where he's more pessimistic about the team. Same with Goff. I don't know if either Boers or Bernstein are/were Sox fans before.

I thought Goff was always a Cub fan.

Bernstein has always been a Sox fan...he loved Calderon growing up, and they have a tape of him meeting Harry Caray in the Sox announcers booth back in the day.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 09:26 AM)
I know which is why it was making me mad to. LOL

Its like now that the Score is the Cubs network we are going to have to deal with happy joy Cub talk all day even by our resident Sox fans that are on the Score. Of course I could just not listen.

cub fans paid the bills back in the day....now the cubs are literally paying the bills over there. I stopped listening a while back as there will really be nothing positive to say over there now

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 08:55 AM)
Agree. I want to move on so we can start talking about someone else. My preference if he signs somewhere else is Jackson and a right handed hitting bench bat (Pearce or Raburn) to platoon with LaRoche.

Avi is a very logical platoon with LaRoche. If they sign another OF, I nearly guarantee you that Avi will DH against LHP and get an occasional start in the OF. Unless he is somehow traded.

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 09:38 AM)
Bernstein has always been a Sox fan...he loved Calderon growing up, and they have a tape of him meeting Harry Caray in the Sox announcers booth back in the day.

Mully, Goff, Bernstein, and Laurence Holmes are the Sox fans at The Score. Producer Chris Tannehill is as well. The Cubs are probably the NL favorites right now and 670 is their new flagship. The White Sox haven't made the playoffs since 2008. Why should the discussion on the station be any different? I love the White Sox but they haven't exactly earned any air time.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 09:42 AM)
Avi is a very logical platoon with LaRoche. If they sign another OF, I nearly guarantee you that Avi will DH against LHP and get an occasional start in the OF. Unless he is somehow traded.

This is most likely the case, I agree. If they can't move him, Avi will start the season as a White Sox.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 09:45 AM)
Mully, Goff, Bernstein, and Laurence Holmes are the Sox fans at The Score. Producer Chris Tannehill is as well. The Cubs are probably the NL favorites right now and 670 is their new flagship. The White Sox haven't made the playoffs since 2008. Why should the discussion on the station be any different? I love the White Sox but they haven't exactly earned any air time.

Even though it is tilted I do appreciate that they still give time. I hate how everything mentioned about the sox needs to have some sort of parallel point to the cubs (in a way they DO NOT when talking about the cubs - see only talking about abreu in frame of rizzo).

But, I know I've posted this 3-4 times, the weirdest thing is the score ripping on eaton as if he's terrible.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 09:42 AM)

They then have two DH's which they will not have. Avi will play next season in the minors to work on his fielding and general baseball IQ.

Avi as a platoon DH and 4th outfielder is a poorly constructed roster. They need to figure out if he can actually play every day.