**2016 Films Thread**

Brian

This is the trailer to the upcoming Magnificent Seven film.

It stars Denzel Washington and Chris Pratt. Directed by Antoine Fuquam who did Training Day and Southpaw.

Do I think it looks better than Seven Samurai? Absolutely not.

I do think it looks better than the original Magnificent Seven and anytime Washington and Fuqua do a movie together it turn out to be pretty good.

Good to see a resurgence of westerns.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 11:54 AM)

It stars Denzel Washington and Chris Pratt. Directed by Antoine Fuquam who did Training Day and Southpaw.

I do think it looks better than the original Magnificent Seven and anytime Washington and Fuqua do a movie together it turn out to be pretty good.

I really liked Bone Tomahawk if you haven't seen it yet.

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 11:54 AM)

That looks like a blast.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 07:06 AM)
That looks like a blast.

It looks like a good time and way better than the original Magnificent Seven.

I also guess this is the closest thing that I'm going to get to True Detective this year, since it not due back till 2017

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 01:45 PM)
Really want to see everybody wants some.

Really not excited about the options to see it.

Finally came near me. During third trailer, projector breaks. Guess I'll try next week.

"Everybody Wants Some" was excellent. Same tone and structure as D&C.

Linklater is the director Cameron Crowe wishes he could be. Using music the right way and being able to really bring back the tone and show an era.

Anyone else watch the remake of the Godfather done in chronological order? It was pretty cool to see it done that way. There was one scene at the end that was out of order, when Michael tells the family he is going the military, but other than that I was impressed.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 01:24 PM)
Anyone else watch the remake of the Godfather done in chronological order? It was pretty cool to see it done that way. There was one scene at the end that was out of order, when Michael tells the family he is going the military, but other than that I was impressed.

Did they put that scene at the end of 2 or 3? I think that one has to be out of order because there isn't anything else that takes place in the movies for years after that, and its such a show scene it would look out of place doing that and then skipping to the first Godfather movie (after the early Vito years ofcourse).

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 01:29 PM)
Did they put that scene at the end of 2 or 3? I think that one has to be out of order because there isn't anything else that takes place in the movies for years after that, and its such a show scene it would look out of place doing that and then skipping to the first Godfather movie (after the early Vito years ofcourse).

I watched it as one long 7 hour movie (watched it over the course of a couple of days). There was no distinction between the movies, only the scenes put into chronological order.,

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 01:30 PM)
I watched it as one long 7 hour movie (watched it over the course of a couple of days). There was no distinction between the movies, only the scenes put into chronological order.,

Yeah I have done that before as well, just didn't remember where they place the Military scene. I think I enjoyed the chronological order more, but I also think if you are watching it for the first time that you should watch it in the order it was released.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 01:38 PM)
Yeah I have done that before as well, just didn't remember where they place the Military scene. I think I enjoyed the chronological order more, but I also think if you are watching it for the first time that you should watch it in the order it was released.

It was the second to last scene, right before the very end of the movie with Michael looking old and sitting in his chair alone silently pondering.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 04:02 PM)
"Everybody Wants Some" was excellent. Same tone and structure as D&C.

Linklater is the director Cameron Crowe wishes he could be. Using music the right way and being able to really bring back the tone and show an era.

I still haven't been able to get to it.