**2016 Films Thread**

Brian

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eh, I wouldn't expect a comedy trailer to be funny so far out. I'm not sure they should be ever funny.

Boiler template for comedy trailer

STAR COMEDY NAME

setup shot

CO STAR

physical comedy part

bad one liner

bad one liner

title

bad one liner

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 11:07 AM)
Eh, I wouldn't expect a comedy trailer to be funny so far out. I'm not sure they should be ever funny.

STAR COMEDY NAME

setup shot

CO STAR

physical comedy part

bad one liner

bad one liner

title

bad one liner

For a reboot, you forgot the Cute Cameo of a star of the former movie/series.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 12:07 PM)

STAR COMEDY NAME

setup shot

CO STAR

physical comedy part

bad one liner

bad one liner

title

bad one liner

I don't want a comedy trailer to waste the best bits in the movie but scenes and bits that they are using that are clearly intended to be funny shouldn't be cringe worthy.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 02:29 PM)
I don't want a comedy trailer to waste the best bits in the movie but scenes and bits that they are using that are clearly intended to be funny shouldn't be cringe worthy.

Yeah, it might be bad. I just know I thought spy looked like a horrible movie from seeing the preview (as well as Deadpool, whose preview showed the most painfully unfunny lines) and I ended up liking/loving both.

My problem with that trailer is the way the ghosts look. It's like a video game. And McCarthy punching ghosts! Wtf

The originals were comedies but the ghosts freaked me out as a kid. Used t have t close my eyes when the library ghost ju,per.

To the Northwest Indiana people on board, tonight over at Hobart Theater is the premier of the little B horror/comedy I'm in. Not exactly sure how good it is, but visually it looks really good. Show starts at 10pm which is kinda lame for a Sunday show but yeah.

To my surprise, the film is actually gonna have a showing in Jersey and Vegas in the next couple months. It will also be available to rent in Vegas as well as Oasis Video stores in NWI.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 01:43 PM)
Going to see Lawrence of Arabia on the 70mm screen Music Box set up for Hateful Eight.

This was pretty special to see in a packed theatre on such a large screen. But boy is it long.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 6, 2016 -> 05:59 PM)
If you are going to get drug to a kids movie, Zootopia wasn't half bad. They did a good job with Easter Eggs for the adults.

Actually expected way more from it. Gave away best part of it (DMV) in the previews

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 6, 2016 -> 12:31 PM)
Spotlight was nothing special. It was alright, but it must have been a bad year for movies when that leads the way.

well i am sorry you didn't like it, the reason i am responding is i kept on recommending it as a great movie.

either way, i really thought it was great in many ways, from story telling, acting, the pace.... but many of a difference of opinions.

last nite i finally saw London Has Fallen.

not a bad film, very entertaining. is it me, but the shot at the end when everyone is sooooo happy, is that getting on anyone nerves on how cheesy that looks???

one major fault, you going to tell me that the british sas was not involve in anything and was nothing as an after thought ???

but it is a really nice brain dead movie for entertainment value.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 28, 2016 -> 11:26 PM)
Well, there's Michael Keaton on the stage of the Oscars ... again, as one of the pieces of a great movie. Just give him an Oscar for once! Birdman! Wow. This current movie on the scandal ... wow! Even fricking Beatlejuice!!! And Batman.

I love Michael Keaton.

Tim Burton Confirms ‘Beetlejuice 2’ is a Go!

"The film is a go and has been approved by the Warner Bros. team, we have talked with the cast members we wanted for the film and they are all on board, this includes both Winona and Michael. We have the script in hand everything is in place all we need to do now is get ready to start filming."

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 04:20 AM)
Tim Burton Confirms ‘Beetlejuice 2’ is a Go!

"The film is a go and has been approved by the Warner Bros. team, we have talked with the cast members we wanted for the film and they are all on board, this includes both Winona and Michael. We have the script in hand everything is in place all we need to do now is get ready to start filming."

No Jeffrey Jones or Glenn Shadix, though.