**2016 Films Thread**

Brian

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 14, 2016 -> 02:38 PM)
Well, there you go. I would not. First 30 minutes, very pumped. But if you are going to tell a simple story of revenge, you better damn make sure the revenge is a payoff.

The extended focus on his journey back (only to be suddenly in the same place as Tom Hardy's character) seemed to only re-iterate that his perserverence was incredible, he didn't learn anything from it (Except that he likes Pawnee). You know what kills the movie? There is no paranoia from Hardy that Glass may have actually survived, so there is no tension that Glass is getting close.

i thought the movie was ok, i think i like the org movie, even thou it is loosely base on glass. (the man in the wilderness richard harris actor).

but an academy award movie??? not for me. anyone the ending of the real story was no where near the movie ending. but maybe who cares.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 14, 2016 -> 08:12 AM)
I was told Sicario was going to be nominated for everything. I know I'm in the minority but outside of the way it looked, that movie was a bore fest. Liked the first 30 mins but than splat.

That was easily one of the best movies of last year. It filled with suspense and dread.

It is a travesty that Benecio Del Toro was not nominated for Best Supporting Actor for one of the best performances of the year.

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 14, 2016 -> 11:02 AM)
I'm not sure Benicio Del Toro playing Benicio Del Toro has the same acting pull as when someone actually acts like a different person.

I didn't know he moonlighted as an emotionally anguished, politically washed out, suspicious and manipulating assassin.

And I don't think he has played a character similar to that.

He gave an extremely layered performance in that movie and dominated every scene he was in.

The scene in the kitchen and in Kate's hotel are nothing short of amazing because of him.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 14, 2016 -> 09:34 AM)
Also - bravo Oscars. Beside the Martian love, hard to complain about much. Hoping Brie Larson wins (have not seen Room, just love Brie Larson) best Actress.

She should win out of those nominees. JLaw is 26 and getting the Streep treatment that she must be nominated. I didn't see Joy but reviews are lackluster.

Benicio Wouldve fit in on True Detective s2. Staring, whispering. Zzzzzzz

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jan 13, 2016 -> 02:49 PM)
Amber Heard is going to play Mera, the wife of Aquaman and warrior queen of Atlantis for those not familiar with the comics.

Word around the campfire was that WB was looking at minority actresses for the role.

She could, along with Atlantis appear in Justice Leauge Part One before the solo Aquaman film.

Nobody cares about Aquaman. Aquaman sucks.

And until WB proves they can make a good DC movie not directed by Nolan I have no interest in any of their stuff (including Batman v. Superman which just doesn't look remotely interesting).

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 14, 2016 -> 02:37 PM)
Nobody cares about Aquaman. Aquaman sucks.

And until WB proves they can make a good DC movie not directed by Nolan I have no interest in any of their stuff (including Batman v. Superman which just doesn't look remotely interesting).

I hope you realize that Aquaman is comic book character and has been appearing in books since 1940, not just the Super Friends. Aquaman is the exact opposite of what the public perceives him to be, he's the cut throat King of Atlantis that will do anything for his people. He's one of the strongest characters in the DC universe and he has a solid rouges gallery. Another thing that makes him cool is that he is conflicted by his heritage and although he finds himself from time to time wondering why we won't take over humanity.

The dude's trident can cut Superman's flesh for crying out loud.

Watch these vids:

And you said nobody cares about Aquaman, after the New 52 was launched Aquaman was third highest selling book behind only Batman and Superman. He ranked pretty high too when you combine both DC and Marvel.

Read the New 52 Aquaman books, they're some of the best comics to come out in a while. I would only recommend the Geoff Johns run.

Some of the people that I learned under, work on WB projects (that's how I was able to get the True Detective screener) and according to them everyone is really really confident in BvS.

Does anyone else here have preview tickets?

I don't have preview tickets because the movie looks awful. It's gonna make a lot of money because of the character name brand, just like transformers did. And it looks like it will be bad, just like transformers

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 14, 2016 -> 12:07 PM)
She should win out of those nominees. JLaw is 26 and getting the Streep treatment that she must be nominated. I didn't see Joy but reviews are lackluster.

Benicio Wouldve fit in on True Detective s2. Staring, whispering. Zzzzzzz

Joy was fine but it wasn't particularly praiseworthy.

Take DeNiro, Lawrence and Cooper out of it and you essentially have a Lifetime movie of the week about female empowerment and entrepreneurialism.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 14, 2016 -> 04:50 PM)
2016 is going to be the year of Superhero movie fatigue. I think audiences are finally just going to say, enough.

I can see where some get worn out on them but as long as Marvel keeps pumping out quality movies like they are, I'll be there.

Not very positive after the Apocalypse trailer but looking forward to Deadpool.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 14, 2016 -> 04:50 PM)
2016 is going to be the year of Superhero movie fatigue. I think audiences are finally just going to say, enough.

I disagree...as long as kids are a huge part of the movie going fanbase, kids will always want to see them, unless of course the movies becomse so bad even kids don't care for them...

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jan 14, 2016 -> 05:59 PM)
That was easily one of the best movies of last year. It filled with suspense and dread.

It is a travesty that Benecio Del Toro was not nominated for Best Supporting Actor for one of the best performances of the year.

i totally agree with this, this was for me a new direction in the filming . but BDT stole the movie. can't wait to see how they are going to spin the new movie on BDT character....

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 02:18 AM)
I disagree...as long as kids are a huge part of the movie going fanbase, kids will always want to see them, unless of course the movies becomse so bad even kids don't care for them...

everyone has an opinion and i kind of agree about the bore fest..... i stop watching these movies some 2 yrs ago. it became a over kill for me. but the kids concept .... i never thought of that.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 07:10 AM)
I thought Cloverfield was annoying but this teaser is interesting and kudos to them for keeping it secret.

The movie was originally called The Cellar and then Valencia before it was titled 10 Cloverfield Lane. I tried to find more information on it, but it is still wrapped in secrecy. From what I was able to gather, though, viewers shouldn't expect to see the monster. Apparently it tested extremely high with audiences, and there are some major twists. I'm intrigued.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 07:29 AM)
If they tested it with audiences and liked it, how was it kept a secret?

Mary Elizabeth's Winstead pretty much confirmed its a sequel on Facebook.

It was tested as Valencia, but it would seem that someone would have said something if it was a true sequel. That leads me to believe that it's different enough to just be related to the original.

And I did see her Facebook post saying it was a sequel. JJ Abrams will only say that it's a "blood relative" of the original that takes place in the same universe.

Here is the IMDb description of VALENCIA:

Waking up from a car accident, a young woman finds herself in the basement of a man who says he saved her life from a chemical attack that has left the outside world uninhabitable.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 09:26 AM)
If it's not shot in the "found footage" way I'd be interested.

This x100000. That is what I found annoying about original. And it came off as a comedy with the dude talking holding the camera.