**2016 Films Thread**

Brian

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 10:49 AM)
Seriously. Elba's "Luther" is a total Eastwood character anyway. I don't know what book you are talking about. But Elba excels in broken down, "ends justify the means" heros.

Stephen King's Dark Tower Series.

wiki link

Here's one of the covers. That's the character Elba would be portraying.

200px-Thedarktower7.jpg

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 02:01 PM)
I'm not going to support John Kraczinsky in an action role or any role actually. If Taylor Kitsch fails, he must fail too.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates Krasinski's face. He never did anything to me but I can't stand him.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 07:59 PM)
13 Hours was solid for a Bay movie. I'm sure he took liberties with some of the events and of course has some of the cheesy melodrama he always puts in there, but I enjoyed it.

13 hours was great.... but i finally came to the conclusion that i really like war movies....

that security team if from Blackwater.... the same group that was hired for security in our community b/c of hurricane Rita.

another fact, i saw the documentary on the actual group and their perspective. there were 3 guys.... the main 3 guys on camera... it is well worth the 45 mins.

lastly i rate this up there with blackhawk done. now with blackhawk done, i did so much research on the whole group. fantastic work.

on 13 hour a funny tidbit, the next morning on a private jet on of the soldiers accidentally shot his gun. the pilots were furious on that.... it is in the doc ....

The DC Films slate looks phenomenal. It seems like in building their cinematic universe, they're prioritizing the individual characters and their respective universes. I know it's not even a minute, but the Wonder Woman movie looks pretty good and Gal Gadot looks to be the perfect choice to bring that character to life. I know that there are some doubters but remember this, Gal Gadot was not given the the role, she had to audition and she beat out God knows how many actresses to get that part. Apparently the final audition was the final reading a scene from Pulp Fiction with Ben Affleck, dressed in the Lynda Carter suit. If she can pull that off, then I have all the confidence in the world about her. The aesthetic choices of the WW film are outstanding too based on what we were given.

Saw Pride, Prejudice and Zombies last night and it was not great but it wasn't good either.

I watched 13 Hours before that and it was pretty good. I wish the first act was shorter as the movie did drag a bit in the beginning. The movie could have benefitted by being edited tighter. I hope that Michael Bay is done with the Transformer films and goes back to doing original stuff, say what you will about his movies but he is a good director and when given a good script like he was with 13 Hours, you can get a really good movie. However, I do think he is at his absolute best when he is working with someone more powerful than him like a Spielberg or a Jerry Bruckheimer.

Star Wars Episode 8 is being pushed back seven months to December 15, 2017, after originally being scheduled to come out May 26th, 2017.

This was done to accommodate Rian Johnson who decided to rewrite the script, he wants the film to focus more on the characters introduced in Episode 7 instead of introducing new protagonists. This makes sense since he wrote the script before Episode 7 hit theaters.

Its going to be interesting to see what the fallout of this is and how it affects other movie studio's slates because Star Wars dominates the box office by eating everything that comes out before or after it. The new Pirates of the Caribbean takes EP.8's old release date, the new Spider Man moves up and the Jumanji reboot is pushed back. The Justice Leauge film might move up too a couple weeks to early November.

Before the SAG awards last night, I told him to watch because they will overload the winners with diversity to show up The Academy. And while most of the awards given to the black actors were TV, Idris Elba was a statement in my opinion. I haven't seen Beasts of No Nation yet but its obvious he should have been nominated but the only real snub I could think of.

Feel embarrassed for Danny Glover and especially DeNiro for accepting those roles in Dirty Grandpa. One of the most poorly-written comedies in recent memory.

Guess DeNiro needed the paycheck, but he's actually done some really good excellent work in the last 2-3 years. It's just that you have to wade through 4-5 bad ones to get to one top-notch performance where he's not overacting or hamming it up.

Edited by caulfield12