**2016 TV Watercooler Thread**

Brian

Mixed feelings on the Walking Dead last night....

I always like to see Maggie and Carol kicking some ass but so far Negan's group has pretty much been no challenge at all. I am sure it will all change once the actual Negan shows. Maybe it's supposed to lull our gang into thinking he isn't that badass...

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Mar 13, 2016 -> 02:27 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=3313307:date=Mar 13, 2016 -> 07:32 AM:name=Brian)-->
QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 13, 2016 -> 07:32 AM)
<!--quotec-->Anyone ever watch "The Returned"? It's on Netflix and people like it. Not sure if its even a Netflix original show.

There are 2 versions. Be careful which one you watch. The French version Les Revenants ran for 2 seasons and was shown on Sundance. A&E did an English remake that was cancelled after one season. (they wanted to take the story in a different direction)

The French version is really well done. It's very eerie and the soundtrack is done by Mogwai. I really enjoyed the first season. The second season was supposed to give conclusion to the story.

However, it went over my head with symbolism.

Are they both on Netflix? I only see the US version.

QUOTE (juddling @ Mar 14, 2016 -> 09:59 AM)
Mixed feelings on the Walking Dead last night....

I always like to see Maggie and Carol kicking some ass but so far Negan's group has pretty much been no challenge at all. I am sure it will all change once the actual Negan shows. Maybe it's supposed to lull our gang into thinking he isn't that badass...

I felt the same way.

3 protagonists are stopped by 8 Saviors on the road. Result: All Saviors dead, all protagonists unharmed.

10 protagonists attack 30 Saviors at their base. Result: All Saviors dead, all protagonists unharmed.

2 (captured) protagonists versus 10 Saviors at their other base. Result: All Saviors dead, all protagonists unharmed.

They're a joke.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Mar 14, 2016 -> 07:54 AM)
I felt the same way.

3 protagonists are stopped by 8 Saviors on the road. Result: All Saviors dead, all protagonists unharmed.

10 protagonists attack 30 Saviors at their base. Result: All Saviors dead, all protagonists unharmed.

2 (captured) protagonists versus 10 Saviors at their other base. Result: All Saviors dead, all protagonists unharmed.

They're a joke.

I think this is setting up Rick and the group taking Negan's group for granted. And with Rick killing the guy that said he's Negan, it further promotes them not taking the Saviors seriously. I have a feeling the season finale is going to be bloody and there will be much wailing from the fan base. At least one major character is going to die in a horrific fashion.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 14, 2016 -> 12:06 AM)
That 30 for 30 on Duke Lacrosse was amazing. Beyond crazy of how things ended up.

How in the world did Nifong (District Attorney) only get 1 day in jail when he tried to ruin 3 kids lives?

I think the media was the terrifying part to that story and sadly nothing was learned.

Similar to the Yale basketball player.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 12:43 PM)
Disagree. I'm enjoying all of it.

It is building these characters very well. I love the way they are sowing the seeds for Jimmy's eventual downfall to Saul, and then ever further down than that. Same with characters like Mike and Tuco.

If it hasn't been announced already but Person of Interest is coming to an end.

I'm holding out hope that Christopher Nolan directs an episode but with Dunkirk ramping up and getting to shoot soon that looks like an impossibility.

(It's his brother's show)

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 09:39 PM)
If it hasn't been announced already but Person of Interest is coming to an end.

I'm holding out hope that Christopher Nolan directs an episode but with Dunkirk ramping up and getting to shoot soon that looks like an impossibility.

(It's his brother's show)

I thought that was announced awhile ago

http://www.ismyshowcancelled.com/article/2...-with-season-5/

Edited by BigHurt3515

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 10:35 PM)
Kal, did you watch the latest Broad City? So many good one liners, especially in the 1st 10 min.

Another stellar opening scene, the woman falling down the steps, possibly dead by the end with the couple using the selfie stick was great. Fantastic episode.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 07:00 PM)
Yeah, I'll be watching Real World this season. This cast is something already.

hmmm.....let me guess......two or three hot chicks.....a black guy....a gay guy....a douchebag (or two)...and a violent drunk (can be male or female)

I think that's called 'every Real World cast ever'

QUOTE (juddling @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 09:45 PM)
hmmm.....let me guess......two or three hot chicks.....a black guy....a gay guy....a douchebag (or two)...and a violent drunk (can be male or female)

I think that's called 'every Real World cast ever'

I don't think there is a gay guy and there are 3 douche bags! In your face!

One girl is southern and kind of racist but doesn't realize it and she's dumb but it's kind of like Road Rules where they have to do insane stunts or go home.

The previews showed some good fights and arguments.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 19, 2016 -> 05:39 PM)

One girl is southern and kind of racist but doesn't realize it and she's dumb but it's kind of like Road Rules where they have to do insane stunts or go home.

Does The Real World even attempt to cast any relate-able or likeable people anymore? Isn't it all about maximizing drama through alcoholism, promiscuity/jealously related to promiscuity, mental illness, and roid rage?

Interesting walking dead episode. Even a "normal" episode was pretty exciting. This really has been a tremendous season. Interested to see what comes of this and what is going to play out in the next two episodes. I love Daryl.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 21, 2016 -> 10:14 AM)
I actually thought this one was very underwhelming, especially after 4-5 really strong episodes. I just feel like they rushed the Carol storyline so much, and just writers just get lost sometimes.

Agree on the Carol part, but I thought the other stuff was solid. Like I said, there have been so few "filler" episodes this season that this one, which was kind of a filler, was still really really good. This season has been so action packed in general. I think they could have played the Carol stuff out a little longer (at least show another episode and really play the emotions, etc).

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 19, 2016 -> 11:39 AM)

The white guy who isn't the nuts guy said he doesn't have a label and called himself something but basically he is bi

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 08:47 AM)
On the parking garage? Yes they were.

and in the taco joint.

You think Mike does something very heinous to the uncle.......

The Mike story-line is great and a part of me thinks it is becasue I know somewhat how it ends.