**2016 TV Watercooler Thread**

Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 10:02 AM)
It was very good but probably took some liberties. Did the jury really stop and hold his first up to OJ as he left?

They definitely took some liberties, but that wasn't one of them. That was new to me too though. I know Bill Hodgman didn't collapse in open court like they portrayed.

"Yes, a juror really did give Simpson the raised fist as he left the courtroom. His name was Lionel (Lon) Cryer, and as The New York Times reported, he was “a former Black Panther whom prosecutors had inexplicably left on the panel.”

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 03:40 PM)
They definitely took some liberties, but that wasn't one of them. That was new to me too though. I know Bill Hodgman didn't collapse in open court like they portrayed.

"Yes, a juror really did give Simpson the raised fist as he left the courtroom. His name was Lionel (Lon) Cryer, and as The New York Times reported, he was “a former Black Panther whom prosecutors had inexplicably left on the panel.”

I am confused on your post, you kind of contradict yourself. "But that wasn't one of them." "That was new to me too though." then cite New York Times that in fact a juror did hold their fist up to OJ as he left.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 09:55 PM)
I am confused on your post, you kind of contradict yourself. "But that wasn't one of them." "That was new to me too though." then cite New York Times that in fact a juror did hold their fist up to OJ as he left.

Every episode is fact checked. It was interesting reading Marcia Clark's take on the series: http://www.vulture.com/2016/03/marcia-clar...pisode-six.html (she also wrote about the juror raising the black power salute: http://www.vox.com/2016/2/25/11105096/marc...lark-oj-simpson

more OJ on the way:

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 01:23 AM)
Bloodline Season 2 trailer is out. Comes out May 27th, if you haven't seen it I highly suggest it. Was by far one of my favorite shows from last year.

It's probably just me but i thought the first season was SO slow. Seems like it took forever for things to start happening. I don't know if season 2 will be any better. probably wait to hear about it before deciding to watch or not

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 07:36 AM)
So the People vs OJ Simpson was worth a watch. It got a little corny at times, but there was so much of the personal interaction stuff I knew nothing about. I did everything I could NOT to follow the trial when it was going on.

I started a new job the day before the murders took place. My office was 90% black, and the portrayal of the racial divisiveness in this trial was spot on.

It was so uncomfortable at work when people would start talking about the trial that I actively avoided it as much as possible just so I could stay out of the conversations. My work environment during the trial was just like the jury room portrayed at the end of the series.

I think they did a great job with the show. It was at once corny and masterful. Cochrane, Darden and Clark were great. And Cuba Gooding was really good, especially the scenes where he did nothing but look sad and tired.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Apr 12, 2016 -> 08:48 AM)
I started a new job the day before the murders took place. My office was 90% black, and the portrayal of the racial divisiveness in this trial was spot on.

It was so uncomfortable at work when people would start talking about the trial that I actively avoided it as much as possible just so I could stay out of the conversations. My work environment during the trial was just like the jury room portrayed at the end of the series.

I think they did a great job with the show. It was at once corny and masterful. Cochrane, Darden and Clark were great. And Cuba Gooding was really good, especially the scenes where he did nothing but look sad and tired.

The only actor I thought didn't do a good job was John Travolta. Everyone else did out of the park jobs at their roles.

QUOTE (juddling @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 04:55 PM)
It's probably just me but i thought the first season was SO slow. Seems like it took forever for things to start happening. I don't know if season 2 will be any better. probably wait to hear about it before deciding to watch or not

I don't think the show is for everyone, it was slower but I didn't really mind it. I like learning the backstory of the characters and why they do what they do. I think season 2 will probably have more of a pace to it

The latest episode of Better Call Saul was fantastic all around. I know some of you think Jimmy's story is boring this season but I've enjoyed the slow burn of it, the payoff is worth it and Kim is awesome. Mike was great as usual too.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 12, 2016 -> 08:46 PM)
The latest episode of Better Call Saul was fantastic all around. I know some of you think Jimmy's story is boring this season but I've enjoyed the slow burn of it, the payoff is worth it and Kim is awesome. Mike was great as usual too.

Slow burn is a good term for it. The scene in Chuck's house and at the copy place were great.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 12, 2016 -> 10:46 PM)

It has been slow, but irresistible to watch. This episode was a great payoff.

That might have been the best overall episode of Saul so far. Usually if the Jimmy story is good, there's not enough Mike, or if the Mike story is good, they Jimmy story is slow or boring. That ep, perfect balance!

QUOTE (MEANS @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 12:35 PM)
That might have been the best overall episode of Saul so far. Usually if the Jimmy story is good, there's not enough Mike, or if the Mike story is good, they Jimmy story is slow or boring. That ep, perfect balance!

It is also getting to season ending time, which is also probably why the stories are picking up steam.

Disappointed Saul wasn't bumped up to 13 episodes, but oh well. It's awesome and should ramp up on awesomeness the next couple seasons.

On a separate note, the Jackie Robinson doc on PBS is must see. You'll learn a couple things you didn't know.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 01:23 PM)
Disappointed Saul wasn't bumped up to 13 episodes, but oh well. It's awesome and should ramp up on awesomeness the next couple seasons.

On a separate note, the Jackie Robinson doc on PBS is must see. You'll learn a couple things you didn't know.

It occurred to me that since they show Saul working at the Cinnabon in Nebraska at the start of the season, they have to go through the events of Breaking Bad to come full circle. Knowing Gilligan, he might actually do that.

We might be looking at 4-5 seasons here.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 01:40 PM)
It is also getting to season ending time, which is also probably why the stories are picking up steam.

yeah last episode of the season is next week. I thought the previous episode was really slow though.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 01:23 PM)

The Jackie Robinson Documentary was great. I was really impressed with how well it was done, and it didn't just stop with his first season in the bigs. It actually went through his career, and even post career into his family life and activism that he was involved with. Very well done.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 02:23 PM)

The network actually dropped it to ten. It was originally going to be 13. I'm not sure how it's doing in the ratings, but hopefully they get to complete their story.