2016 MLB catch all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 19, 2016 -> 06:09 PM)
698 ops for Parra, 638 ops for Avisail Garcia.

I guess now you aren't into the advanced metrics. But that OPS Parra is putting up in Colorado has to be worth the $8 million you wanted to pay him.

Unfortunately I don't think anyone in baseball is ever going to read any of your realtime ideas and offer you the GM job. I doubt anyone would let you generally manage a lemonade stand.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 19, 2016 -> 05:28 PM)
I guess now you aren't into the advanced metrics. But that OPS Parra is putting up in Colorado has to be worth the $8 million you wanted to pay him.

Unfortunately I don't think anyone in baseball is ever going to read any of your realtime ideas and offer you the GM job. I doubt anyone would let you generally manage a lemonade stand.

You've done an impressive job rallying more fans to this HoF manager and irreplaceable front office.

At this rate, the White Sox won't even have any lemonade stands open the final two months.

Ironically, you argued a lot more than most around here for Alex Gordon this offseason. Great call on that one.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 19, 2016 -> 08:31 PM)
You've done an impressive job rallying more fans to this HoF manager and irreplaceable front office.

At this rate, the White Sox won't even have any lemonade stands open the final two months.

Ironically, you argued a lot more than most around here for Alex Gordon this offseason. Great call on that one.

That's,who I wanted. Of course you were giddy when your Royals brought him back. So I guess you were wrong.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 20, 2016 -> 10:06 PM)
Kershaw's back is no better, shut down indefinitely, may not return this year.

And iamshack for president.

Ptatc, do you come into this thread?

Is this like a career damaging or career threatening issue? We've heard so much about how terrible back surgery is, is this the end of Kershaw's incredible run?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 01:38 PM)

Is this like a career damaging or career threatening issue? We've heard so much about how terrible back surgery is, is this the end of Kershaw's incredible run?

I haven't looked into the specifics of what is going on. Let me do a little asking around.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 01:38 PM)

From what i can tell, the team really can't figure out what the issue is. He is having back pain but no radiating symptoms, which is the typical indicator for a significant disc issue. surgery is very questionable without the radiating symptoms. The conservative approach is usually recommended in this scenario. However with a pitcher, there is a great deal of stress on the spine. so, they are really unsure how to progress with the treatment.

Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick 2h2 hours ago Hudson has allowed 16 earned runs in 7 2/3 innings going back to June 23. His ERA has risen from 1.55 to 5.15 in that span. #Dbacks

Reliever Daniel Hudson is likely staying put with #Dbacks at deadline. He's pitched so poorly, trade talks have ground to a halt.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 12:05 PM)
Well now you have to tell.

That's the problem, I saw a few random tweets about it but no one explaining it or any audio/video of it so I'm trying to see what was said or if anyone has a source to it.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 02:05 PM)
Rumors have it the Nats would trade Lucas Giolito for Andrew Miller straight up.

That might be as bad as the Shelby Miller trade.

Yeah and there are also rumors that the Yankees would say no to that deal. This is crazy.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 02:07 PM)
Yeah and there are also rumors that the Yankees would say no to that deal. This is crazy.

No wonder the Cubs settled for Chapman.

Yankees would have taken no less than Schwarber for Miller.