Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 10:37 PM)
I think this is a pretty crappy move by the organization if its true that he was promised access.

Two more weeks left in Arizona. They should have just got through it and established better rules next year when he'd be gone.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 10:39 PM)
Ventura is no Earl Weaver, that's for sure. That said, telling LaRoche to go f*** himself wouldn't accomplish anything constructive. Unless you think that making Eaton and LaRoche's other buddies hate RV is constructive.

Today's pro athletes tend to be entitled morons who think that the world revolves around them. Yet, as a manager, you have to get these morons to like you and play hard for you, if you want to keep your job. That's Ventura's job, not to pound his fist on the table and act like a tough guy. Guys like Earl Weaver don't last for long in the bigs anymore.

Fair enough, in fact, I think you are right. Good post.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 04:41 AM)
Two more weeks left in Arizona. They should have just got through it and established better rules next year when he'd be gone.

I can see why he and his teammates are pissed if the organization went back on a handshake agreement.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 10:43 PM)
I can see why he and his teammates are pissed if the organization went back on a handshake agreement.

If no players are really complaining too much and it's mostly Kenny, I almost hope laroche comes back.

Some more details need to come out here, and it would be nice if LaRoche speaks too.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 10:44 PM)
Damn daniel

Holy s***. That is straight fire. This story is gonna go national tmr, almost guaranteed. It's got all the best grandstanding stuff: religion, family, management verse employees...

I literally think that may be the harshest condemnation of any fellow "club member" (inside the MLB frat) I have ever seen in print.

WOW

Kids in the clubhouse and on the field? Last time I looked they were called batboys and batgirls. Youngsters. Eaton said the players supported the kid and Adam.

I find it ironic as one of Adam's biggest 'haters' on the site I am thoroughly in his corner on this. It's not like players don't have their kids hanging around all the time. The hypocracy of doing this to a guy who was a complete flop is amazing. I mean, if LaRoche wasn't a complete flop and actually hit .280 with 30 homers last year and 100 RBIs, you don't think this would have gotten solved?

I would be in favor of the Sox reconciling the matter NOW and inviting him back and saying the kid is welcome everywhere but the kid can only be in the actual clubhouse around the batboys. He must hang out with the other kids most of the time.

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/white-...tuesday-meeting

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 04:47 AM)
If no players are really complaining too much and it's mostly Kenny, I almost hope laroche comes back.

Some more details need to come out here, and it would be nice if LaRoche speaks too.

Yep I wonder if for team chemistry reasons it's better for him to return.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 10:48 PM)
Kids in the clubhouse and on the field? Last time I looked they were called batboys and batgirls. Youngsters. Eaton said the players supported the kid and Adam.

I find it ironic as one of Adam's biggest 'haters' on the site I am thoroughly in his corner on this. It's not like players don't have their kids hanging around all the time. The hypocracy of doing this to a guy who was a complete flop is amazing. I mean, if LaRoche wasn't a complete flop and actually hit .280 with 30 homers last year and 100 RBIs, you don't think this would have gotten solved?

I would be in favor of the Sox reconciling the matter NOW and inviting him back and saying the kid is welcome everywhere but the kid can only be in the actual clubhouse around the batboys. He must hang out with the other kids most of the time.

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/white-...tuesday-meeting

So you're making assumptions to call someone hypocritical? I don't think it works that way.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 04:49 AM)
Kaplan comes how many hours after this broke and is throwing his 2 cents in.

Someone pro-LaRoche is clearly leaking stuff. His meat company is giving these tweets a thumbs up as well

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 10:28 PM)
Eh it's pathetic. Why the hell is the "executive VP" down in the clubhouse anyways to sort this out? That's literally like the first responsibility (and most important perhaps) of the manager.

WTF are the paying RV for exactly?

They are paying him to manage the team on the field and make sure its a good clubhouse environment for the players. Confronting players to guarantee a pirtion of them will have heated arguements is not the job of thr day to day managers. Most pro sports front office people will handle this off the field stuff.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 11:02 PM)
David KaplanVerified account ‏@thekapman 13m13 minutes ago

Do not believe for 1 sec Adam LaRoche is in wrong. After doing my homework I promise you Sox said Drake could ALWAYS be around.

idiot.

he needs to either name his source (with permission or without) or get off the pot. His source could be LaRoche himself or his agent, wtf good is that?

Verbal agreements are not worth s*** and everyone knows no how well intentioned you f***ing get it in writing.

Edited by chitownsportsfan