Odds that Chris Sale gets traded?

LeftField

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Mar 19, 2016 -> 09:24 AM)
My guess is that this incident blows over soon and Sale's recent comments change nothing. Sale will get traded when the Sox decide they're rebuilding. And I don't see that happening until at least next July.

Grim

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there's a chance he'll be traded, but to be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing Sale and Adam Eaton gone. Eaton has shown us how smart he is and now I see how he makes dumb decisions in the field and on the base paths. And Chris Sale has proven himself to be a disrespectful, hot tempered meathead. You can't go around MFing the senior vice president of the ball club... I don't care what you think he did. I'd suspend his ass for at least one start. He shouldn't be the opening day starter anymore. Trade him for a King's Ransom and keep it moving.

I won't go to another game where Chris Sale is starting. F*** him.

It's a wait-and-see how the first couple months go, but it would be silly to think any trades would happen now because of this incident. Things will calm down.

And if they don't calm down, they may envision a good future rotation with Rodon, Fulmer, Quintana, Adams, and a guy they draft in June. They aren't there yet.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Mar 20, 2016 -> 12:42 PM)
Other team's fans coming with their s***ty trade proposals for Chris Sale is another aspect of this whole thing that pisses me off. If the White Sox do end up trading him it won't be for your minor league trash. Idiots.

I wouldn't be surprised if Eaton was traded though not soon. As for Sale, for those of us who would never want to see him traded because of his talent , trading him just became a lot more feasible. For those of us who never understood but wondered why Eaton left AZ. on a sour note, we now understand.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 21, 2016 -> 02:09 PM)
If the White Sox traded people based on what they thought of KW, the roster would be a GreenSox utopia.

It's like the Bulls with Jerry Krause.

so did i.

but if anything, i can envision eaton being traded with his social media phone before sale.

sale issue will be address, i believe after the season is over.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 21, 2016 -> 02:30 PM)
Trading anyone over this would be ridiculous.

it is not the action or intent, it was the reasoning and spitting it there for all to see, that made the org looked bad.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 21, 2016 -> 09:39 AM)
it is not the action or intent, it was the reasoning and spitting it there that made the org looked bad.

When it got out that Jordan and Pippen and Phil Jackson made fun of Jerry Krause, or when the White Sox defied Terry Bevington, should players have been traded?

This all comes down to what side you are on. If you think LaRoche had no case, everyone that stuck up for him was totally wrong and should be punished. That is why Sale and Eaton deserve some sort of punishment for violating JR's gag order. Yet when an anonymous player says some players didn't like him on the field after said gag order was issued, no problem popping that off. And vice versa. This is going to go away pretty quickly, hopefully forever, which will include not holding grudges and trading productive players with very reasonable contracts away just because they don't like KW.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 21, 2016 -> 02:49 PM)
When it got out that Jordan and Pippen and Phil Jackson made fun of Jerry Krause, or when the White Sox defied Terry Bevington, should players have been traded?

This all comes down to what side you are on. If you think LaRoche had no case, everyone that stuck up for him was totally wrong and should be punished. That is why Sale and Eaton deserve some sort of punishment for violating JR's gag order. Yet when an anonymous player says some players didn't like him on the field after said gag order was issued, no problem popping that off. And vice versa. This is going to go away pretty quickly, hopefully forever, which will include not holding grudges and trading productive players with very reasonable contracts away just because they don't like KW.

that is the problem with me, i am totally indifferent to AL and management situation. that will be dealt with their legal teams.

it is the bs that was caused by others that i am angry about.

ref to the bull yrs, i will not mix the bulls stories with the sox stories. different dynamics are involve.

To be honest, I don't care what happened... you can't MF the Vice President and call him a liar in front of the team - much less the entire world. Think about what that says about the organization. What about when young kids in the system see that? How about potential free agents? There might be a free agent that sees that and is like "Wow... that organization is really out of control - no thank you". Chris Sale should be suspended at least a game for conduct detrimental to the team.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Mar 21, 2016 -> 10:49 AM)
To be honest, I don't care what happened... you can't MF the Vice President and call him a liar in front of the team - much less the entire world. Think about what that says about the organization. What about when young kids in the system see that? How about potential free agents? There might be a free agent that sees that and is like "Wow... that organization is really out of control - no thank you". Chris Sale should be suspended at least a game for conduct detrimental to the team.

Won't someone please think of the children!!!!!!

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Mar 21, 2016 -> 03:49 PM)

the sox org will deal with this as they see fit. i am answering for myself ..... this crap is another blackeye by the pampered ideas that fans believe in the sports players.

on the flip side, what do they, the players care about our opinion any way????

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 02:40 PM)
The White Sox should...

Trade Sale now for a huge package.

49.2%

Trade him at the deadline if they're out of contention.

29.4%

Keep him no matter what.

21.4%

Total votes: 5,879

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2626274...le-trade-market

So what I get from this poll is that 4,621 people are idiots.