Free MLB.tv with T-Mobile

dakuda

www.t-mobile.com/mlb

You can sign up for free MLB.tv Premium through your T-mobile phone until 4/10!

You need to turn off data saver in Chrome, if you have it switched on.

I hate the blackout rules, but free is my favorite price. It will be useful when I spend a week in FL next month.

It comes with free AtBat 2016 as well.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 3, 2016 -> 02:24 PM)
1 post in over 10 years of being on Soxtalk, and it actually is something helpful! :cheers

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Apr 3, 2016 -> 02:41 PM)
The real amazing thing is that this poster has been here for 10+ years and made one post, today of all days, that is extremely helpful.

I'm kind of in shock about that.

lol

I'm suing you for plagiarism.

I registered, then forgot to come back. :D

I've been lurking a bit the past couple weeks.

And no, I don't work for T-Mobile. In fact, my work phone is Verizon (I don't work for Verizon either). I didn't see a post here about it, and thought I would try to help a couple people.

Edited by dakuda

QUOTE (dakuda @ Apr 3, 2016 -> 04:13 PM)
I registered, then forgot to come back. :D

I've been lurking a bit the past couple weeks.

And no, I don't work for T-Mobile. In fact, my work phone is Verizon (I don't work for Verizon either). I didn't see a post here about it, and thought I would try to help a couple people.

My bad. Kinda smelled like spam. I just use my moms log in for MLB.tv cuz she wakes cardinals in Arizona.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 3, 2016 -> 08:33 PM)
Is it possible for that subscriber to sign up, and then give me their mlb.tv account? Or is it tied to that phone? Basically I have AT&T, but I can probably find a TMobile friend who doesn't care about baseball.

I think that if you log in to your mlb.com account on their phone/device, then go through the steps, it should activate it on your account. I don't know if they have a way or desire to track that though. The MLB.tv service isn't tied to the phone once it is activated. I have used it on my Android TV, desktop and phone since I activated it.

QUOTE (dakuda @ Apr 3, 2016 -> 09:22 PM)
I think that if you log in to your mlb.com account on their phone/device, then go through the steps, it should activate it on your account. I don't know if they have a way or desire to track that though. The MLB.tv service isn't tied to the phone once it is activated. I have used it on my Android TV, desktop and phone since I activated it.

Sweetness. Thanks.

Rather than starting a new thread, I'll also mention that this year mlb.tv has a team specific package that you can buy that is $15 less than the full mlb.tv package. If you live outside of the Chicago market and only want to watch the Sox, you can get the cheaper package.

Wow, that's a really valuable freebie. I've already paid some 3-figure amount for it (and am not a T-Mobile subscriber, nor do I know any especially well).

As for the team-specific package, there was something about it that made me go for the Premium package instead. Was it not being able to choose your favorite team's broadcast crew? No mobile app?

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 03:46 PM)
How does this work? Wifes phone is tmobile. Is it all season or just till the 10th

All season. You just need to go to tmobile.com/mlb on your wife's phone and fill out the requested fields and you'll get it for free. I just cancelled my subscription for this year and now need to stop by the in-law's tonight on my way home to register and than I can give you better instructions (presume it is pretty easy though).

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 05:46 PM)
How does this work? Wifes phone is tmobile. Is it all season or just till the 10th

You need to register by the 10th. It will last all season.

Go to the link the in first post on your phone.

QUOTE (MDWhiteSoxFan @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 07:13 PM)
TMobile site clearly states you need to stream on your T-Mobile device and their network no wifi.

That's just for the initial setup i'm 95% sure. I signed up today using my phone but from what I read once that's over you get the whole thing -- including via Wifi on your computer or smart TV.

Very happy about this T-Mobile has always treated me right. Great service in big cities, spotty in rural areas but I spend 99% of my time in cities and their $49 unlimited plan is excellent.