***Gamethread 4./20 - Angels vs White Sox***

Bigsoxhurt35

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 02:09 PM)
Really? If you are thrown out stretching a single it raises your OBP? And I was right on the dropped 3rd strike, it's an error.

Yes, because you still got a hit. That isn't taken away from you. As a batter, you still get a strikeout.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 03:11 PM)
Reaching on an error doesn't raise your OBP either. How long have you been watching baseball?

OBP is simply (H+BB+HBP)/(AB+SF+BB+HBP)

A long ass time, played a lot of baseball as well including in college. Never got into the minutiae of scoring the game. Glad you guys were here to straighten me out.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 02:12 PM)
What is tootblan...

It's what happens when you eat too much polish sausage and drink too many Miller Lites, coupled with having to walk quickly down a flight of stairs while carrying a bag of groceries.

Edited by pittshoganerkoff

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 03:16 PM)
It's what happens when you eat too much polish sausage and drink too many Miller Lites, coupled with having to walk quickly down a flight of stairs while carrying a bag of groceries.

Ah I see lol thanks for the clarification. Must have had a tootblan last night without even knowing it!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 02:17 PM)
And to whoever brought up Tyler Flowers, there you go.

It was me but it was just a question to those who wanted to run Flowers out of town, not that I preferred one or the other

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 02:18 PM)
It was me but it was just a question to those who wanted to run Flowers out of town, not that I preferred one or the other

Avila and Navarro both bring more of a total package than Flowers does. Even with their crappy start, we will be better off this year behind the plate.