4/25 Game thread: @ Toronto, 6:07pm, CSN

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 06:24 PM)
they really hate Erick Johnson, I'm not sure exactly why. He can't be much worse than Danks or this stiff, can he?

I'd give EJ the next crack at it. But it's looking like we'll need a starter and an OF/DH at the deadline. Stanks is just not going to get it done.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 07:24 PM)
He had 2 bad starts at the beginning of the season where he walked a lot of guys but he's been fine since.

Yeah there's no amount of rationalizing that'll make me think calling up the rookie with the 6 ERA in Birmingham is a good idea.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 06:29 PM)
Yeah there's no amount of rationalizing that'll make me think calling up the rookie with the 6 ERA in Birmingham is a good idea.

Well obviously it was just a mechanical issue if it continues. Don't you think it's a good idea to try him before we gut the farm for another pitcher? Adams is probably going to be traded either way.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 07:31 PM)
Well obviously it was just a mechanical issue if it continues. Don't you think it's a good idea to try him before we gut the farm for another pitcher?

They are not going to gut the farm for another pitcher. Carson Fulmer is not going anywhere either. They will try to get him some successful time at AA, and then they will move him to Charlotte when they think he is ready. I can't see him up here before August 1.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 07:35 PM)
I just didn't want the bullpen to get burned today. 5 innings looks like too much to ask for.

I can't see him back out for the 5th with his pitch count. I would bet on seeing Putnam for the 5th, and go from there.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 07:31 PM)
Well obviously it was just a mechanical issue if it continues. Don't you think it's a good idea to try him before we gut the farm for another pitcher?

Fulmer is not an option.

All I've been posting about all night long is perspective on 5th starters. I think if we're gonna gut the farm for anybody it should be a hitter, while we survive with a mediocre back end of the rotation like the rest of the world.