4/30 Game thread: @ Baltimore, 6:05pm, WGN

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 30, 2016 -> 08:56 PM)
I mean, sure if you've only started tuning in during this series i understand your viewpoint.

They weren't garbage for three straight games?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 1, 2016 -> 02:54 AM)
Tied for best April ever. The new leadership regime makes such a huge difference on this team. I bet if you had a beer with Eaton today he would admit he was wrong about LaRoche.

Is this a joke? I didn't see the humor. I guess you were mocking the situation and praising Eaton for taking the right side on that issue. The players who hated Eaton over that should be liking him now. That was a great bunt, a true team-oriented way to get on base and that catch in right was a hand-woof-em as Hawk would say. Nice grab.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 30, 2016 -> 09:01 PM)
Why b**** after a victory? Team is doing great on the road as a whole this April.

aren't they paid to actually do their jobs?

The pitching has been terrible this series.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 30, 2016 -> 10:00 PM)
Is this a joke? I didn't see the humor. I guess you were mocking the situation and praising Eaton for taking the right side on that issue. The players who hated Eaton over that should be liking him now. That was a great bunt, a true team-oriented way to get on base and that catch in right was a hand-woof-em as Hawk would say. Nice grab.

And yet it was HR's by Lawrie and Frazier ( leadership regime) that kept the Sox in the game tonight. Pretty sure that's what Rock is referring to.

QUOTE (Real @ May 1, 2016 -> 03:04 AM)

Yes, but like I said, the big picture is that they've been great this season. Who gives a f*** about 3 games on the road against a good team? We're 1-2 vs. Balt and if we can somehow win Sunday with Sale that's 2-2 on the road vs the O's. Very very nice.

I don't like to b**** when we're in first place by 2 games and have a good April like that. If we suck like the past couple years I b**** a lot. Right now, Robin for President and keep it up, Sox.

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 30, 2016 -> 10:04 PM)

They were literally #1 in the AL in every pitching category coming into this series. There's this thing called regression to the mean that you need to familiarize yourself with.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ May 1, 2016 -> 03:06 AM)
And yet it was HR's by Lawrie and Frazier ( leadership regime) that kept the Sox in the game tonight. Pretty sure that's what Rock is referring to.

Oh. I get you. Thing is, Eaton had a big part in that win as well. The two warring factions seem to be getting along well enough. Eaton's bunt was one of the biggest plays in the game as well as the two homers you mentioned.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 30, 2016 -> 10:07 PM)
They were literally #1 in the AL in every pitching category coming into this series. There's this thing called regression to the mean that you need to familiarize yourself with.

And I'm pretty sure they're still first in all those categories even now. They still have a .5 era lower than anyone in the AL which is pretty amazing.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 30, 2016 -> 10:00 PM)

No it's not. The new leadership on the team are who complained about it and they were right. They've taken over and this team finally has leadership.

Eaton is a good guy and backed his buddy but he knows it was the best thing for the team, now.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 1, 2016 -> 03:12 AM)
No it's not. The new leadership on the team are who complained about it and they were right. They've taken over and this team finally has leadership.

Eaton is a good guy and backed his buddy but he knows it was the best thing for the team, now.

With all due respect, I think you are crazy. A grown man with convictions doesn't change his mind on an issue like that five weeks later.Eaton has been great this season offensively and defensively. I like Frazier and Lawrie as well, especially Frazier, but what the heck are you talking about?? Lawrie had a huge error the other night. Are you saying Eaton won the leadership battle that night?

Please admit your post was a rare horrible one. You can take a Mulligan you know? I've had my share of awful posts before but your take on that seems pretty wrong to me.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 30, 2016 -> 10:16 PM)
With all due respect, I think you are crazy. A grown man with convictions doesn't change his mind on an issue like that five weeks later.Eaton has been great this season offensively and defensively. I like Frazier and Lawrie as well, especially Frazier, but what the heck are you talking about?? Lawrie had a huge error the other night. Are you saying Eaton won the leadership battle that night?

Please admit your post was a rare horrible one. You can take a Mulligan you know? I've had my share of awful posts before but your take on that seems pretty wrong to me.

Nope. The guys who have taken over wondered why a kid was taking their spots in drills when they needed the reps. They want to win not play in a country club. Eaton was loyal to his buddy but he knows now that this team needed an attitude change.

That's my last post on the subject. I mentioned it when it was going on, I've exchanged many PMs on the subject and I think I'm proven right.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 30, 2016 -> 10:09 PM)
Oh. I get you. Thing is, Eaton had a big part in that win as well. The two warring factions seem to be getting along well enough. Eaton's bunt was one of the biggest plays in the game as well as the two homers you mentioned.

No doubt, Eaton has been a very good contributor with the glove, arm and bat. To me, it looks like any beefs over the LaRoche saga are a thing of the past. These guys look to be getting along rather well and it's the energy of the new leadership from Frazier, Lawrie, Jackson and Rollins that has made a big difference. The clubhouse is rejuvenated.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 30, 2016 -> 10:16 PM)

Rock's basically saying Eaton took a s*** standpoint in the Laroche situation that he'd probably admit was misguided at this point and the new dudes have changed the culture in the clubhouse for the better. Not sure what you're disagreeing with.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 1, 2016 -> 03:19 AM)
Nope. The guys who have taken over wondered why a kid was taking their spots in drills when they needed the reps. They want to win not play in a country club. Eaton was loyal to his buddy but he knows now that this team needed an attitude change.

That's my last post on the subject. I mentioned it when it was going on, I've exchanged many PMs on the subject and I think I'm proven right.

We can drop it, but there's no way you have been "proven right." Like I said, Eaton has been one of the team MVPs thus far. He came out of the gate aggressive, not acting at all like he was knocked down by the new blood on the team that wanted LaRoche's kid out.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ May 1, 2016 -> 03:20 AM)
No doubt, Eaton has been a very good contributor with the glove, arm and bat. To me, it looks like any beefs over the LaRoche saga are a thing of the past. These guys look to be getting along rather well and it's the energy of the new leadership from Frazier, Lawrie, Jackson and Rollins that has made a big difference. The clubhouse is rejuvenated.

Frazier was not hitting at all the first two weeks and the team was winning. Lawrie was good with some key hits and defensive plays but his average was around .220 for a good while. Jackson was under .200 for a while (albeit doing some nice things) and Rollins not exactly hitting like a Hall of Famer and we were still winning. Yes I like them all but arguably Eaton, who lost the LaRoche battle, has even been more consistent than anybody mentioned as "new blood."

Happy the White Sox are winning, but don't agree it's all because of the new blood. They haven't taken the mound once. The pitching has been old blood plus Latos. Rodon is new blood sort of but has been around a while. Bullpen is old blood too. It's too simplistic to give all the credit to the guys u and Rock mentioned.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 1, 2016 -> 03:25 AM)
Rock's basically saying Eaton took a s*** standpoint in the Laroche situation that he'd probably admit was misguided at this point and the new dudes have changed the culture in the clubhouse for the better. Not sure what you're disagreeing with.

I feel like he's downgraded Eaton's contribution. Don't understand why a grown man would suddenly think he had the wrong position on LaRoche's kid just because the team is winning. The team is winning "partly" because of Eaton who is playing very well for four weeks.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 30, 2016 -> 10:32 PM)
I feel like he's downgraded Eaton's contribution. Don't understand why a grown man would suddenly think he had the wrong position on LaRoche's kid just because the team is winning. The team is winning "partly" because of Eaton who is playing very well for four weeks.

Nah, you're just putting your own bizarre spin on this s***, Rock has exulted the virtues of Adam Eaton pretty consistently because he's not insane. You've turned a correct, off the cuff remark into a negative talking point because you don't understand context.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 30, 2016 -> 10:30 PM)
We can drop it, but there's no way you have been "proven right." Like I said, Eaton has been one of the team MVPs thus far. He came out of the gate aggressive, not acting at all like he was knocked down by the new blood on the team that wanted LaRoche's kid out.

Frazier was not hitting at all the first two weeks and the team was winning. Lawrie was good with some key hits and defensive plays but his average was around .220 for a good while. Jackson was under .200 for a while (albeit doing some nice things) and Rollins not exactly hitting like a Hall of Famer and we were still winning. Yes I like them all but arguably Eaton, who lost the LaRoche battle, has even been more consistent than anybody mentioned as "new blood."

Happy the White Sox are winning, but don't agree it's all because of the new blood. They haven't taken the mound once. The pitching has been old blood plus Latos. Rodon is new blood sort of but has been around a while. Bullpen is old blood too. It's too simplistic to give all the credit to the guys u and Rock mentioned.

Even when Frazier, Lawrie, Jackson and Rollins aren't hitting, it's their energy and enthusiasm that makes the difference this season in comparison to a very lethargic clubhouse last season. Last year it looked more like a clubhouse of the walking dead. This year's clubhouse has new life thanks to those players which is exactly what the FO office was trying to accomplish during the off season and IMHO, they succeeded.

The biggest differences between last year and this year are those four players and better pitching ( despite Danks). Without their contributions, how many wins would this team have? Certainly not 17. So far Frazier, Lawrie, Jackson and Rollins have contributed 21 2B, 1 3B, 11 HR's and 38 RBI to a team that sorely lacked offense last year and lets not forget about their defensive contributions.