And that's a White Sox...winner?!

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 7, 2016 -> 08:00 PM)
sale made rv look smart tonight. In general, I don't really think that move was a good idea.

Yeah...obviously at the time it was a one run game, but Sale has tended to wear down late in the year and I'm hoping this year is the Sox longest year yet (just like 2005!!!). Last two starts Sale has thrown some pitches, but prior to that he was a model of efficiency.

Either way, I tip my cap. He was nasty after that 1st inning. 7-0 is awesome.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 7, 2016 -> 11:03 PM)
Yeah...obviously at the time it was a one run game, but Sale has tended to wear down late in the year and I'm hoping this year is the Sox longest year yet (just like 2005!!!). Last two starts Sale has thrown some pitches, but prior to that he was a model of efficiency.

Either way, I tip my cap. He was nasty after that 1st inning. 7-0 is awesome.

yea, it's a long season. 7-2 on the box score makes it look obvious but at the time it was a close game and if he doesn't get the leadoff guy, it's a different story. That said, Sale is the man. Maybe he told RV to GTFO.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 8, 2016 -> 04:20 AM)
At a SW side wedding tonight, total CFD/Polish (down by the airport variety... you know... fly in the extended fam from Warsaw) and half the men gathered round the TV watching the Sox. Lotta Sox talk, the buzz is palpable amongst the base.

That's pretty awesome the wedding crowd was into a Sox-Twins game. Glad to see the Sox have done the best possible thing to neutralize Cub fever -- get off to this red-hot start.

One thing I've noticed is how hard some guys hit the ball. My gawd, Lawrie, Frazier for starters. Great win. Sale is the master. Hope the Sox keep it up. I guess bringing in the new blood has really helped the team. I don't feel like they're going to bow down against the Central with the new blood leading the way, coupled with the maturation of Sale and Q. Melky obviously is feeling comfy at the plate in his second season with his new team. Rodon is going to be a big key this season; we need 3 fantastic starters and Latos/No. 5 probably will wind up iffy.

GREAT WIN TONIGHT. Crowd was into it again.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 7, 2016 -> 08:20 PM)
At a SW side wedding tonight, total CFD/Polish (down by the airport variety... you know... fly in the extended fam from Warsaw) and half the men gathered round the TV watching the Sox. Lotta Sox talk, the buzz is palpable amongst the base.

Typical Sox fans. They'd rather watch on tv than go to the game. :P

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 7, 2016 -> 09:55 PM)
Byung Ho Park has the worst name in baseball.

Sorry to disagree but the Seattle Mariners pitcher takes the cake. Charlie Furbush. If he is married, can you imagine the ribbing that his wife takes?

The game was still quite close in the top of the 7th, Sale had been cruising ever since the 1st (although he had to throw quite a few pitches to get Sano there if I remember correctly) and Minnesota had the weaker part of their batting order coming at the time...I remember being a bit surprised, because he threw 112 the previous game and struggled a bit, but you can also understand wanting to keep a close game (and the 7-0 record) in Sale's hands as long as possible.

We've seen too many 1-2 run Sale/Quintana leads disappear in the 7th or 8th innings over the last 3+ seasons to not understand RV's move there.

As Frazier said, now's the time to pick up some separation from the rest of the division while CLE/KC are beating up on each other and the Rangers' bats are feasting on Tiger pitching.

At any rate, for a game where we were absolutely abysmal with RISP (Saladino had a single but no RBI) until later in the game when we started piling on a bit, it was nice to get a comfortable win there at the end. In years past, we don't score there (against the bullpen with bases loaded, one out and Abreu up) and we turn around and give back the lead with bad defense the next half inning.

5-0 against the Twins, 6-1 overall against ALCD.

20-1 in Sale/Quintana/Latos/Gonzalez starts.

QUOTE (South Sider @ May 8, 2016 -> 07:44 AM)
Man, I thought Peavy was a crazy competitor but Sale takes the cake.

When I saw him smacking his head with a baseball I'm just like... what is your problem dude!?

Only in the press and the DL. Still IOM one of the most overrated Sox players ever.

Meanwhile the Twins are just really, really bad.