5/20- Kansas City @ White Sox- 7:10 PM CT

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ May 20, 2016 -> 07:57 PM)
In past year's a game like this is an automatic loss. With Gonzalez pitching tomorrow, this is a big game tonight... Let's see what kind of team this really is.

I'm already sold that it's no different. I just want to be so wrong about that. Two things emerge again. No hitting for Q and a mental midget pen.

Edited by kitekrazy

QUOTE (South Sider @ May 20, 2016 -> 09:12 PM)
Also they needed to stop with the curveballs a long time ago. Theyre entire rally was off of curveballs.

Yup. He had thrown mostly fastballs before the 6th.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ May 20, 2016 -> 08:09 PM)
I'm already sold that it's no different.

We have played well against some good teams (like the Rangers), well, until we completely fell apart last Tuesday night.

OTOH, if you take away the A's and the Twins, we're not far from being a .500ish team.

Hanging curveball AGAIN from Quintana. Eaton now is playing a little bit lackadaisically out there, but has built up that reputation so nobody's bothering to challenge him on the bases for the moment.

And now Cuthbert reaches. This doesn't bode well, with Putnam likely to come. Quintana coming back to earth.

DJ thinks he's tipping his pitches and running out of gas.

6 hits now with just 4 outs after just 1 through five innings. Almost inexplicable, like Sale against the Twins last year.

Quintana out after just 91 pitches. It will suck for his ERA if Putnam gives up those two, but Q/Cooper/Avila deserve the rebuke with whatever the hell they were doing the last two innings from a strategy standpoint.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 20, 2016 -> 08:13 PM)
We have played well against some good teams (like the Rangers), well, until we completely fell apart last Tuesday night.

OTOH, if you take away the A's and the Twins, we're not far from being a .500ish team.

Hanging curveball AGAIN from Quintana. Eaton now is playing a little bit lackadaisically out there, but has built up that reputation so nobody's bothering to challenge him on the bases for the moment.

And now Cuthbert reaches. This doesn't bode well, with Putnam likely to come. Quintana coming back to earth.

That's telling me the Sox are not a good team. I guess they can beat the Twins.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ May 20, 2016 -> 09:14 PM)
Might as well get May and Anderson up here so we can get them the experience they need to be reliable starters next season if they can play at this level.

Saladino needs to be getting ABs somewhere in this line up

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ May 21, 2016 -> 02:14 AM)
Might as well get May and Anderson up here so we can get them the experience they need to be reliable starters next season if they can play at this level.

May is nowhere near MLB starting caliber

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 20, 2016 -> 09:18 PM)
Time for Hayes to DH/backup 1B with Garcia seeing more time in the outfield?

The only guy in the minors that might have a positive impact on this team would be Anderson but we aren't going to bring him up IMO