5/20- Kansas City @ White Sox- 7:10 PM CT

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 20, 2016 -> 09:43 PM)
Might want to dial up those bat speeds about right now...

Lawrie should get a fastball to do something with at least.

Problem is he's been swinging through fastballs right down the middle. :(

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 20, 2016 -> 08:42 PM)
Perez hits righties better than lefties.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/splits/_/id/.../salvador-perez

Yeah, that even holds up fairly significantly over a 3+ year time period, not just 2016.

Too tough to adjust from 99 to an 83 mph slider low and away on the corner there for Lawrie.

This feels like the first White Sox game in ages where they were just done after the 6th inning. The game last Tuesday night where we blew the 11-6 lead would be the other, after Rua's homer to go ahead 13-11.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 20, 2016 -> 09:47 PM)
How does Purke look guys? I'm at work so missing his debut.

He might be a better option than Jennings against lefties. Too early to tell though.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 20, 2016 -> 08:47 PM)
It literally seems like we can only win when Sale pitches. That's pretty depressing.

Well, considering they're still 23-6 (assuming a loss) with Sale/Q/Latos/Gonzalez starting, that can't be true.

Just feels like it, though. Especially with Q having two "tough" losses in a row against the Yankees and now the Royals.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2016 -> 09:32 PM)
Jackson is a horrible hitter now. So many holes in his swing and has lost all his power.

Meh.. he's probably had the worst luck on the team in hits, yet alone power. Should easily have 3-5 homers right now

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 20, 2016 -> 08:50 PM)
Meh.. he's probably had the worst luck on the team in hits, yet alone power. Should easily have 3-5 homers right now

Two homers lost early to the wind in Chicago.

The ball down the line to the LF foul pole that was foul by 2-3 inches...think that was at MIN.

Another ball to LF that would have been a walk-off homer to left with a couple more feet of carry for the last out of the game, maybe that was against the Angels.

Edited by caulfield12

Can't wait for the Braves and Twins to face off!!!

What's the tiebreaker for the #1 pick if those two teams both finish 59-103? The season series head-to-head? What if that's a tie?

Purke consistently throwing 92-94...looks like he has pretty good stuff.

Edited by caulfield12

Ive gone out of my to defend the sox during this slump... but youve really got to show up for a game like this. Big crowd, defending champs, and you just get pooped on.

KC adjusted midgame and had a plan to attack quintanas curveball. What was the sox plan? Did they adjust? Who knows? The poor crowd at this game was treated to an expensive s*** show and i hope its different when i go to the game on sunday.

Edited by South Sider

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2016 -> 09:50 PM)
Been all downhill since the 8th inning from hell

I know you've said this a couple times and if that inning is causing this collapse then they were mental midgits to begin with anyway and it really was a fluke start. I doubt this team is this bad,just really frustrating to see after the hot start.