6/5 - White Sox @ Tigers Game Thread

Condor13

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 03:28 PM)
WHAT?!?! We are going to get completely shut down by the Nationals.

Fully expect a 3-6 or 4-5 home stand. 4-5 actually sounds good right now...but that's terrible.

Nine straight divisional losses.

3-12 against everyone in the division not named Minnesota.

Total, complete garbage. I’m actually at the point now where I’m surprised that they’ve actually won a game.

I’m trying to figure out if this collapse under Robin is worse than the one in September 2012. I don’t think it is (yet) because that team was so close to the finish line. This one when it started, well you still had 80% of the season to go.

Given the schedule, if this continues for another two weeks, I’d hope the Sox front office starts thinking about who they can sell off for prospects. Don’t make the same mistake they did last year at the deadline. “But…but we’re in CONTENTION!!” Yea, right. LOL.

And the beat(ings) goes on.

Mark

Remember when the Bears fired a coach because he couldn't beat Green Bay ? Maybe the guy before Lovie and Lovie came in saying his first priority was beating Green Bay. Sox take a cue from the Bears and pretty much every team in sports. If you can't beat your division foes you can't win. It's that simple. Fire Robin and I don't expect that to turn things around, it's just a change is needed NOW !

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 02:57 PM)
June 16 would be a good day for a Ventura canning if they don't have a winning homestand. Day off, and the Sox fly to Cleveland that night.

June 5 or 6 would be better.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 03:29 PM)
If Shields can win that Wednesday start it could put a charge into this team

He will have to pitch a shutout, and hopefully we will be able to string together a couple hits for a run.

LOL at the White Sox. Five hits. Their record since the Texas choke job is that of a 100 loss team, right? If we play at this pace the rest of the way we'll get a top three draft pick like I said before.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 03:38 PM)
LOL at the White Sox. Five hits. Their record since the Texas choke job is that of a 100 loss team, right? If we play at this pace the rest of the way we'll get a top three draft pick like I said before.

Man, you just gotta tip your hat to Verlander this game and go get 'em next game ;)

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 03:29 PM)
Nine straight divisional losses.

3-12 against everyone in the division not named Minnesota.

Total, complete garbage. I’m actually at the point now where I’m surprised that they’ve actually won a game.

I’m trying to figure out if this collapse under Robin is worse than the one in September 2012. I don’t think it is (yet) because that team was so close to the finish line. This one when it started, well you still had 80% of the season to go.

Given the schedule, if this continues for another two weeks, I’d hope the Sox front office starts thinking about who they can sell off for prospects. Don’t make the same mistake they did last year at the deadline. “But…but we’re in CONTENTION!!” Yea, right. LOL.

And the beat(ings) goes on.

Mark

Since when did this organization have the ability to scout and develop prospects?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 08:27 PM)
Let's win on Tuesday and start to climb to the top

I wish I could be a fan like you. I just can't. I get too mad at our lack of hitting and Robin being a buffoon.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 08:29 PM)
If Shields can win that Wednesday start it could put a charge into this team

How do you do it? I know sports aren't life and death and you probably see it as pure entertainment and backing your team. I see the prices they are charging and this crap team and get mad.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 03:42 PM)
Since when did this organization have the ability to scout and develop prospects?

I don't get how so many people like the idea of having the organization base the franchises future on something that they do absolutely horrible at. If Ventura stuck Avi Garcia is centerfield there would be a massive meltdown for asking him to do something we know he is horrible at. But when it comes to player development, we are asking for its equivalent.

Sox have now scored three runs or less in 49% of their games this year. 28 of 57.

------

And that's a very valid point about player development but what the hell else are they supposed to try? They've brought in hundreds of players the last decade. How has that worked out?

It's simply a case of trying something different because what they've been doing has been a failure.

The REAL solution is for JR to s***can most of his baseball side front office and bring in the best people, pay them whatever they want from top organizations and stay the hell out of the way.

But that's a pipedream.

Mark

Edited by Lip Man 1

A series everyone thought they'd win and we get swept. Our two best pitchers lose. Two runs. Two measly runs. Abreu solo homer by then k'a with two runners in scoring position. Kind of says everything. And coats batting 2nd? Okay. Nice whiff on the two foot high fastball one pitch after you swing and miss on the exact same pitch.

The free fall is out of control. And we go Latos over Shields Tuesday because sure take your time James. What's one more game out of first?