Sox (29-28) vs Nats (34-23)

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3-12 against the other 3 is unacceptable. But we have 9 coming up against them. While I can see why some have written off the season, I am reserving judgment on this team until the 19th of the month.

Take 2 of 3 from Nats and 2 of 3 from the OTHER 3. 8-4. Honestly, if we can't take 2 of 3 from KC at home there is something very wrong.

I think we get back on track this home stand. While we do need another bat, the bats will heat up a bit this home stand I think.

Go Sox!

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 01:14 PM)
Hopefully Shields walking into the clubhouse today and being home will give them the shot in the arm they need. They care.

And if you look at the injuries going on in the division, the Sox should be able to get right back in there. The team I'm most worried about going on a run now is the Tigers. That lineup can be potent and Michael Fulmer is showing why he's a good pitcher.

Yeah, the Tigers do have a strong lineup, but they are streaky. They win a bunch in a row then lose a bunch in a row. I'm more worried about Cleveland. They have some great pitching and can hit when they need to. They are on a tear right now, but they will cool off soon enough.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 02:13 PM)
Yeah, the Tigers do have a strong lineup, but they are streaky. They win a bunch in a row then lose a bunch in a row. I'm more worried about Cleveland. They have some great pitching and can hit when they need to. They are on a tear right now, but they will cool off soon enough.

I worry about the Sox more than any team in the division. There is no one in the division that are world beaters. If the Sox play the style of ball that they did in April they will obviously be okay but their funk has now lasted longer than their good streak of baseball. Add in last year and I dont feel very confident.

Guy to watch our for this series: Daniel Murphy. Dude is hitting...wait for it, .384...leading the league in average comfortably as he is a whopping 37 points higher than the next guy.

Edited by Scoots

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 02:21 PM)
Guy to watch our for this series: Daniel Murphy. Dude is hitting...wait for it, .384...leading the league in average comfortably as he is a whopping 37 points higher than the next guy.

They also guy some Harper guy that is decent.

looks like Melky and Jackson are back.

#WhiteSox lineup vs Nationals: 1EatonRF 2JacksonCF 3Abreu1B 4Frazier3B 5CabreraLF 6Lawrie2B 7ShuckDH 8NavarroC 9SaladinoSS

Edited by bjm676

So over this 2-10 stretch or whatever it's been I've stayed away from betting against the Sox. I find it fun to gamble, but generally stay away from my own teams because it really takes the fun out of a win if I bet against them.

During this time however I have bet against them twice --- the two NYM wins.

This matchup looks terrible for the Sox, therefore I'm betting the Nats. Get ready for a win tonight Chicago.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 03:53 PM)
So over this 2-10 stretch or whatever it's been I've stayed away from betting against the Sox. I find it fun to gamble, but generally stay away from my own teams because it really takes the fun out of a win if I bet against them.

This matchup looks terrible for the Sox, therefore I'm betting the Nats. Get ready for a win tonight Chicago.

Sacrificing your cash to the baseball gods. I've found when I bet against the Sox they tend to win as well. Crazy s***.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 03:53 PM)

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 03:56 PM)
Sacrificing your cash to the baseball gods. I've found when I bet against the Sox they tend to win as well. Crazy s***.

Take one for the team, guys. Bet against the Sox every game and we'll make the playoffs ;)

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 10:21 AM)
Wanna go watch them get swept by a divisional opponent because they dont really care again? You really need more proof this team is mentally weak?

Still Sox fans, tho.....

Looks like the White Sox are going to be chasing the Indians and Tigers.

Advanced scouts help...Ventura threw 76% fastballs last time out, the O's jumped on KC for 4 runs already (almost all the swings on first pitch FB's) and it would be 6-0 if not for an amazing leaping catch by Cain over the fence. Realistically, KC isn't in a position to add this summer with payroll bloated and the minor league system offering limited high upside players (not to mention Zimmer's hurt and Mondesi is out for PEDs).

Of course, having said that, KC will probably win 2/3 or 3/3 this weekend somehow.

So that's the note for Sunday's game, White Sox. BE READY FOR FIRST PITCH FASTBALLS, AND SWING.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 03:36 PM)
They also guy some Harper guy that is decent.

He is scuffling a bit and knee is bothering him, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go off