2016-2017 NBA Thread

FWIW, Brian Windhorst said on today's The Lowe Post:

“I WOULD LEAN NO [TRADE], BUT IT’S GOING TO BE INTERESTING BECAUSE BOSTON – REGARDLESS OF WHAT [bULLS] THINK – BOSTON HAS UPPED THEIR ANTE FOR THEIR POSITIONING ON BUTLER.” – BRIAN WINDHORST

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable of the report out there that practically the same offer that got Cousins was what was going to get Pelicans Okafor. Absurd. Buddy Hield was the only additional item added and in the grand scheme of things, while he was the 6th overall pick, that differential for a player like Cousins (vs. Okafor) is just absurd.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 02:22 PM)
Unbelievable of the report out there that practically the same offer that got Cousins was what was going to get Pelicans Okafor. Absurd. Buddy Hield was the only additional item added and in the grand scheme of things, while he was the 6th overall pick, that differential for a player like Cousins (vs. Okafor) is just absurd.

I question that report honestly. They may have had a 1st round offered but I'd imagine the protections were much more restrictive.

That was a great trade for Cousins, but would have been a pretty awful trade for Okafur.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalMBA 1h1 hour ago

More

Thunder have offered the Bulls Payne, 2 1st round picks +Kanter for Butler. Bulls heavily considering, league sources tell @TheVertical

Ugh, PASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 08:02 AM)
he wants to swap rubio for drose and get him off the books

Yeah, lines are indirectly being drawn.

Rose is a nice contract to have fall off the books. Nothing more. Thibs is the man and the Bulls ran him out of town.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 08:33 AM)
Over the past few days, Minnesota has expressed interest in Rose, Noah, Mirotic, and Snell.

Obviously this means that they'll be dealing us Andrew Wiggins, Kris Dunn, and some picks for Jimmy.

One can dream. :wub: Wiggins has gone meta the past month since LaVine went down.

Crazy to think the 2012 Sacramento Kings had a young Whiteside, Thomas and Cousins and seeing what they turned into today. In my man J4L's word, could've had the NBA "shook" had they stayed together.(obviously not their choice in that)

Oh, and that same year, OKC had a young Harden, Durant and Westbrook too. :o

i understand people wanting to trade Jimmy for picks, but I just dont want that. This front office doesnt deserve it, i dont want to see them f*** all of this up. I would rather they sit on their hands and the team crash spectacularly into the ground and miss the playoffs again, with a 1/4 filled UC with booing fans at the end of the season.

I dont want Garpax "fixing" this team. I dont want them settling for a s***ty deal with Boston where they dont get that Nets pick, i dont want them making any high picks in the draft, i dont want them doing anything anymore. f*** them.

At this point, it's more likely that Boston lands Paul George by the deadline than Butler. The Bulls and Celtics are farther apart on this than people seem to be reporting. Chicago is not intrigued at all by Boston's latest offer. Unless they have a major change of heart, or another team comes out of left field, Butler will remain a Bull for the rest of the season at least.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 08:44 AM)
i understand people wanting to trade Jimmy for picks, but I just dont want that. This front office doesnt deserve it, i dont want to see them f*** all of this up. I would rather they sit on their hands and the team crash spectacularly into the ground and miss the playoffs again, with a 1/4 filled UC with booing fans at the end of the season.

I dont want Garpax "fixing" this team. I dont want them settling for a s***ty deal with Boston where they dont get that Nets pick, i dont want them making any high picks in the draft, i dont want them doing anything anymore. f*** them.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 08:44 AM)
Crazy to think the 2012 Sacramento Kings had a young Whiteside, Thomas and Cousins and seeing what they turned into today. In my man J4L's word, could've had the NBA "shook" had they stayed together.(obviously not their choice in that)

Oh, and that same year, OKC had a young Harden, Durant and Westbrook too. :o

It was their choice.

They wanted nothing to do with IT2 and they released Whiteside. LOL.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 08:44 AM)

Unless the Celtics back up the f***ing truck, I see no reason to be Jimmy-less. IF only our f***ing front office could get creative. There's no excuse as to why Cousins is on the Pelicans today without reports of a substantial, declined offer fromt eh Bulls.

Also, had the Bulls had any brains in their heads, we'd have already guranteed the Kings first rounder this year and have a suddenly warm Ben McLemore on our roster for Pau Gasol from last year. Two pieces that could be dangled or used.

But McLemore hits threes; who needs that?

#firegarpax

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 10:14 AM)
It was their choice.

They wanted nothing to do with IT2 and they released Whiteside. LOL.

Can't really blame them on Whiteside. He was incredibly lazy and useless at that time and no other NBA team picked him up when he was released. He had to go overseas to play before the Heat gave him a shot a couple years later. The Kings deciding not to match a $7 mil per year deal for Thomas was completely asinine though. Just a terrible franchise.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 08:47 AM)
At this point, it's more likely that Boston lands Paul George by the deadline than Butler. The Bulls and Celtics are farther apart on this than people seem to be reporting. Chicago is not intrigued at all by Boston's latest offer. Unless they have a major change of heart, or another team comes out of left field, Butler will remain a Bull for the rest of the season at least.

Someone yesterday reported this will never happen. Pacers want George locked up long term as their key franchise piece.