2016-2017 NBA Thread

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Feb 19, 2017 -> 11:13 PM)
Yep, that's a nasty combination who can do it all. Would rival the Spurs twin tower duo for sure.

D-rob was past his prime by the time he and Duncan got together. This is crazy. Warriors fans everywhere are shook. They want no part of the Pelicans in round 1.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 19, 2017 -> 11:17 PM)
D-rob was past his prime by the time he and Duncan got together. This is crazy. Warriors fans everywhere are shook. They want no part of the Pelicans in round 1.

Their size and versatility skillwise would give GSW a lot of trouble. But their wing depth is god awful. Let's see if they still have a move or two left in them to make a run this year. Maybe they could get some of the vets to sign for minimum.

But this is exactly the type of move you need to make to get out of NBA hell.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Feb 19, 2017 -> 11:30 PM)
Their size and versatility skillwise would give GSW a lot of trouble. But their wing depth is god awful. Let's see if they still have a move or two left in them to make a run this year. Maybe they could get some of the vets to sign for minimum.

But this is exactly the type of move you need to make to get out of NBA hell.

Holiday is a borderline stud. Yeah, they need a couple shooters. We'll see what happens by the deadline. And even then they could wait until guys get bought out. Doesn't matter. Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins are on the same team. WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 12:12 AM)
Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins are on the same team. WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's really the takeaway from the night.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 12:19 AM)
And for all the small ball, excessive 3-point shooting haters, your wish has been granted. Try going small against the Pelicans now. I can't believe this is happening.

This will be a great case study. Can you really still play small against THAT team? Gonna be fascinating. Man, I hope they play the Warriors in the first round.

If you're a Kings fan today, you're not a Kings fan tomorrow.

The 76ers rejected the same trade for Jahlil Okafor last week minus Hield. Say what you will about Hield, but he's not the guy that makes up the difference between Cousins and Okafor! This is very similar to when a stud gets moved in a fantasy league. You always have to say "WHY DIDN'T YOU LET THE LEAGUE KNOW X STUD WAS AVAILABLE BEFORE TAKING THAT?!?!" Had the Kings not played coy right up until the deal was done, they could have gotten three times this much.

Also, once again, GarPax sleeps. The Bulls could have simply sold off the next 3 tradeable 1st rounders and given the Kings their protected pick back that they're clearly so worried about they dealth DMC.

Imagine if you'd woken up, and the Bulls' balls had dropped and they'd dealt the following:

SAC 1

Bulls 1 2017

Bulls 1 2019

Valentine

Portis

McDermott

for Cousins and whatever

That's twice the haul and would be amazing. F*ck GarPax. They took the ASB off.

Contract the Kings. That's abysmal. Probably 20 teams can top that easily, so I can't blame any single one for underestimating the stupidity of the Kings.

One other thing I haven't really seen mentioned: Philly can swap picks with the Kings this year. Without Boogie, they're basically a D-League team. Even if they don't end up worse than Philly, it's like the Sixers get two solid shots at the top-3. The Kings should just hire Hinkie since they already did step 1.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 08:47 AM)
Contract the Kings. That's abysmal. Probably 20 teams can top that easily, so I can't blame any single one for underestimating the stupidity of the Kings.

One other thing I haven't really seen mentioned: Philly can swap picks with the Kings this year. Without Boogie, they're basically a D-League team. Even if they don't end up worse than Philly, it's like the Sixers get two solid shots at the top-3. The Kings should just hire Hinkie since they already did step 1.

Absolutely stunning that is the deal they took for Cousins.

The 76ers also own the Kings 2019 unprotected first round pick which it is hard to not see being a really high pick. If the Kings do end up winning the lottery and the 76ers get to swap the Kings will have given up that pick and the 2019 pick (plus Stauskas) to clear cap space to sign Rajon Rondo.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 07:47 AM)

If Philly swaps with Kings, and their pick is outside of top 10, do we in turn get that pick?

Doesn't this hurt the Bulls in two ways? Protects that elusive SAC pick again, and lowers a possible Butler deal. Bulls wouldn't have to take any deal, but other FO may feel the heat if it's significantly more (why didn't you just pony up for Cousins?)

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Feb 19, 2017 -> 08:52 PM)
Boogie Cousins to Pelicans for an underwhelming package. NOLA came out a winner this weekend.

I was flabbergasted at the return the Kings got. What is even worse is, there goes any chance of that Kings pick coming to the Bulls. So not only did the Bulls lose out by not getting Cousins for a totally underwhelming package, but they also lose out on any shot they had at getting that extra pick from the Kings.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 19, 2017 -> 09:05 PM)
I hope and pray the league doesn't step in Chris Paul to the Lakers style and veto this. Cousins/Davis will have opposing front-courts questioning why they're in the nba.

They still have lots of holes, but clearly a strong front court and a great move for the Pelicans to make.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 03:24 AM)
This is going to be nuts.

Oh man, I don't want to be the Kings. If we got that return for Jimmy, I'd be done with the Bulls.

Well this certainly won't help the Bulls leverage in a Butler trade. Boston already has made numerous leaks that their Nets picks aren't even on the table. What is interesting is, the Kings turned down some other offers which sounded better (specifically the Lakers offer built around Russell seems like a better deal). Kings wanted Ingram though.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 05:16 AM)
Imagine if you'd woken up, and the Bulls' balls had dropped and they'd dealt the following:

SAC 1

Bulls 1 2017

Bulls 1 2019

Valentine

Portis

McDermott

for Cousins and whatever

That's twice the haul and would be amazing. F*ck GarPax. They took the ASB off.

I presume the Kings must have some ridiculous internal scouting reports on the players they got...but man it makes no sense and I agree with you. I saw it and literally was like, geeze, we could have made this deal.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 10:42 AM)
They still have lots of holes, but clearly a strong front court and a great move for the Pelicans to make.

Strong? More like GOAT. They do have holes. But what's easier? Filling in the role guys or acquiring superstars? They have two superstars that are 23 and 26.