2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt mind getting Okafor, he is a better piece to have than Lopez, Taj, or Niko in the long term.

M

Okafor isn't a bad player in the right system. He needs to play with a stretch 4, but Sixers constantly played him with Noel last season made him look lost out there offensively and defensively. I think he has made some improvements this year, and in a good system he could be a better all around version of Enes Kanter.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 08:48 AM)
For a guy who was popping off how much losing should hurt, DWade sure seemed to be having a good time watching yesterday's blowout.

There is absolutely no reason for the lack of hustle back on defense. Even if you suck you can do that. Hoi ball sucks.

Hoiberg is an awful coach. I have zero doubt about that. Lack of development, consistent boneheaded plays, horrific execution out of time outs. List goes on and on. One of the worst NBA coaches I've ever seen. I could be all wrong and we could just have terrible players, but I think it goes beyond that. I wonder if Fred makes it past the all star break? So much money to eat on that contract though. Also, for those of you who haven't noticed, Tony Snell has been a solid starter for the Bucks (far better and more consistent then he ever was for the Bulls). HIS PER is nothing to write home about, but from an overall efficiency perspective he's shooting a nice three ball and playing good defense.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 06:45 PM)
Bulls are dangling McBuckets and Lopez looking for first round picks.

They traded two firsts for McDermott in the first place. We can get those back, right?

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 04:45 PM)
Bulls are dangling McBuckets and Lopez looking for first round picks.

The fact that we'd be willing to dangle Lopez is a good sign, imo. If we move him, that tells me we are looking at shaking things up a bit more then I expected. I'd also presume Taj is on the block.

What a game by Nikola Jokic last night against the Warriors. This kid is going to be a household name very soon (would have been if he plays for the Knicks), he's easily a better player right now than Porizingis. Only 21 years old, and there is nothing he cannot do on the offensive end.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Feb 14, 2017 -> 05:37 PM)
What a game by Nikola Jokic last night against the Warriors. This kid is going to be a household name very soon (would have been if he plays for the Knicks), he's easily a better player right now than Porizingis. Only 21 years old, and there is nothing he cannot do on the offensive end.

Better than a generational talent?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 01:54 PM)
Hoiberg is an awful coach. I have zero doubt about that. Lack of development, consistent boneheaded plays, horrific execution out of time outs. List goes on and on. One of the worst NBA coaches I've ever seen. I could be all wrong and we could just have terrible players, but I think it goes beyond that. I wonder if Fred makes it past the all star break? So much money to eat on that contract though. Also, for those of you who haven't noticed, Tony Snell has been a solid starter for the Bucks (far better and more consistent then he ever was for the Bulls). HIS PER is nothing to write home about, but from an overall efficiency perspective he's shooting a nice three ball and playing good defense.

The funny thing is (not for you guys, I guess) is at Iowa State he was lauded for having the best offensive efficiency in the nation out of time outs. Like literally, best out of 351. Wish I could find the article.

http://www.si.com/more-sports/2012/04/25/coaching-awards

There ya go, 2012, but still.

So much for the concerns about Hoiberg having zero coaching experience prior to being hired by ISU: He was the game's best timeout tactician this season, even ahead of well-established coaches such as Thad Matta and Calipari. I ran strength-of-schedule adjustments on Synergy Sports Technology's After-Timeout Efficiency data, and the Cyclones ranked No. 1 at 1.093 adjusted points per possession, followed by Ohio State at 1.066 and Kentucky at 1.019. While the Buckeyes and Wildcats had top-10 overall offenses, the Cyclones ranked 23rd, making their national-best ATO figures even more significant.

The entire adjusted-ATO top 10: 1) Iowa State, 2) Ohio State, 3) Kentucky, 4) Colorado State, 5) Rider, 6) Indiana, 7) Belmont, 8) Creighton, 9) Duke, 10) Wichita State.

Mainly cause I love to needle Jason.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 08:01 PM)
The fact that we'd be willing to dangle Lopez is a good sign, imo. If we move him, that tells me we are looking at shaking things up a bit more then I expected. I'd also presume Taj is on the block.

Well, no one noted this today so I will - the main team so far rumored as possibly targeting Taj, the Torotno Raptors, got their big guy today by trading for Ibaka.

Also worth noting today, somehow the Bulls got their 11th straight win over the Torotno Raptors. Without Wade or Mirotic this time. Butler was 2-10 from the field and still put up 19 points. Your guess about this is as good as anyone's.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 15, 2017 -> 03:26 AM)
Jokic doesn't have a fat, past his prime, iso, ball-hog gettin' in the way. But yes, he is a stud. This is a wonderful time to be alive. Jokic? Unicorn? Greek Freak? Embiid? Oh my!!! The league has never been oh so good.

There are a lot of good players, but the league as a whole sucks a lot right now. A lot of horrible teams. Many mediocre teams, only a couple of teams you could call elite, and even they are except for the Warriors, a twisted ankle from being mediocre.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 15, 2017 -> 01:16 PM)
Forbes pegs the Bulls worth at $2.5 billion.

So JR is sitting on about $3.5B in assets with two s*** ass sports teams that he does nothing to appreciate in value other than to sit on.

I would love for a buyer to offer $5B for the Bears, Sox and Bulls, build a retractable stadium for the Bears and Sox and treat them like winning franchises run by knowledgeable execs not loyal minion.